Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
8/22/2011 5:00:50 PM
Hello Friends,

This is the way that I like to cook, combining my Vegetarian meal with everyone else's Meaty meal. First, lime juice, fresh basil, and fresh garlic are used as a simple marinade for these thick, grilled pork chops.

Basil-Garlic Grilled Pork Chops

Ingredients

• 4 (8 ounce) pork chops
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • salt and black pepper to taste

Directions

1. Toss the pork chops with the lime juice in a bowl until evenly covered. Toss with garlic and basil. Season the chops to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
  3. Cook the pork chops on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

Next, these meatless stuffed bell peppers make a nice side dish when served with the Pork Chops and they can be served as my main dish with a Garden Salad and some Fresh Homemade Bread.

Grilled Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers

can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
3/4
cup cooked white rice
medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
1/4
cup chopped fresh cilantro
tablespoons vegetable oil
tablespoons lime juice
clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4
teaspoon salt
large bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds removed
plum (Roma) tomato, diced
Additional chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Directions
  1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cut three 18x12-inch pieces heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
  2. Mix beans, rice, onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, the oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. Place 2 bell pepper halves on one side of each foil piece. Fill with bean mixture.
  3. Fold foil over peppers so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
  4. Cover and grill packets over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Place packets on serving platter. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Sprinkle with tomato and additional cilantro. Serves 6.

Have A Wonderful Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
8/22/2011 5:35:21 PM

Happy Monday Phil, this sounds like a great recipe too. Cheese cake is one of my favorite desserts and I also love anything raspberry, so this flavor combination is always a winner in my book.

Even though Kayleigh's birthday was Thursday we didn't celibrate it until yesterday because that was the only day everyone could all get together at the same time. Have a wonderful week. :)

Quote:

Hi Mary Evelyn,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing this recipe for the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. I hope that Kayleigh had a fantastic 8th Birthday this past Thursday. She has such good taste. Raspberries and Cheesecake happens to be two of my favorites as well.

Thanks to my friends over at Splenda.com, I can enjoy a little taste of the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake as well. This recipe, which is a variation of the favorite served at Green Mountain at Fox Run in Vermont, doesn’t contain a lot of special low-fat ingredients; Green Mountain advocates portion control as the key to fitting this treat into a healthy eating plan. The fresh raspberries baked into the crust are a refreshing surprise. This Cheesecake is baked with SPLENDA and reduced fat cream cheese with wonderful results, and I've often substituted other berries or fruit which I had on hand.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake w/Splenda

Ingredients

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar (or substitute SPLENDA)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup fresh raspberries
8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar (or substitute SPLENDA)
1 1/2 ounces white chocolate, melted
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup light sour cream
2 egg whites
Raspberries for garnish

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Coat 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray and press graham cracker mixture into bottom and 1 inch up the sides. Wrap the outside of pan with a large piece of foil. (Be sure the foil comes up the sides of the pan to prevent water from seeping into the crust.) Arrange berries in the bottom of the crust.

Place cream cheese in a large mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar and white chocolate and beat about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks, one a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and lemon zest; stir in sour cream.

In separate bowl, beat egg white to stiff peaks; carefully fold egg whites into the batter. Pour mixture into prepared crust and place cheese cake in a large shallow roasting pan; add hot water to pan to a 1-inch depth. Bake 45 minutes; turn off oven leaving the oven door ajar by placing a long handled spoon in the door to prop it open. After 1 hour, remove cheesecake from oven and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

To serve, garnish with additional raspberries, if desired.

Have A Terrific Week My Friend,

Phil

+0
8/23/2011 9:47:20 PM

Hello Phil & Friends,

Stopping by to see all the new dishes you have here. Wow!! Some really good ones. I got two large yellow squash Sunday, Pastor & wife brought some to share. Not sure how I will cook them. I used to have a squash casserole that was delicious but I don't know where my recipe is. That layered dish sounds like real treat and peppers with black beans & rice - I would like that better than the ground beef.

That cheese cake is very tempting and sounds absolutely delicious!! I have been wanting to fix a dessert, might have to try that.

It is Tuesday already, not sure what happened with Monday! Yes, it was spent on the phone with Internet people and telephone people, ouch! Both the same day!

Thanks for all the great recipes and have a good week.

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/23/2011 10:44:25 PM

Hi Sara,

In place of the Vegetarian dish with Spaghetti Squash that I had planned to feature today, here's one of my favorite yellow Squash Casserole recipes. Hope this helps! Tender squash, gooey cheese and crunchy crackers make this a memorable side dish or a hearty main course. This is a great dish that can be made with low-fat ingredients and is still just as good!

Yellow Squash Casserole

Ingredients

• 4 cups sliced yellow squash
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 35 buttery round crackers, crushed
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serves 8-10.

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/24/2011 1:47:01 AM
Hello My Friends,

Play with the flavor of these breaded chops by adding other herbs and seasonings to the coating. Serve as a meal with the flavored noodles that follow and perhaps some steamed peas.

Breaded Pork Chops

Ingredients

• 4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions

1. In small bowl, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In another small bowl, combine egg and Worcestershire sauce. Coat chops with seasoned flour; dip in egg mixture, and coat with crumbs. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops on one side until golden brown (about 4 minutes); turn and continue cooking for another 4 minutes. Serve hot. Serves 4.

These green spinach noodles have a very interesting texture and flavor, but they taste better than store-bought noodles because they're fresh. This is an easy recipe, and you'll get lots of compliments because you made them yourself.

Unique Spinach Noodles

Ingredients

• 3 cups and 2 tablespoons torn spinach leaves
  • 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon water
  • 2-1/2 egg
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

• Directions

1. Combine spinach and water in a saucepan. Cover, and cook till spinach is very tender. Cool slightly.
    2. Place spinach and liquid in blender container. Add egg and salt. Cover, and blend till smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
    3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute. Roll very thin on a floured surface. Let rest 20 minutes. Roll up loosely. Slice 1/4 inch wide. Unroll. Cut into desired lengths. Spread out on a rack to dry for 2 hours. Serve 5-6.

Hope Your Week's Going Great,

Phil

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!