Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
1/10/2011 9:46:37 PM

Hi Friends,

Here's a soup recipe I made earlier in the month, and really liked. It was very easy to pull together, and since I haven't felt as much like cooking as of late, it was a good one to make for dinner.

I really liked it and it turned out spicier than I expected, which was a nice plus, since I love spicy foods. I'm am a huge fan of sweet potatoes, and I must say that they give a great taste to this soup.
Chicken & Sweet Potato Soup

Ingredients:
3/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
3 small or 2 medium sweet potatoes, pared and cut into 1" cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 can (29 oz.) salsa-style diced tomatoes with chilies (undrained)
1 can (14.5 oz.) fat-free chicken broth
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 c. frozen corn kernels (do not thaw)
Preparation:

In 4-quart slow cooker combine chicken, sweet potatoes, onion, tomatoes, broth, oregano, and cumin; cover and cook on Low for at least 6 hours. Stir in corn; cook on High until chicken and vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes.

Have A Wonderful Week,
Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2011 2:46:30 AM

Hi Again,

We got that snow last night and it never ceases to upset schedules here too. Your Pork Loin recipe is a defnite have to do!! It is on my list - and that means I'll be back! Oh my, I wish I didn't love to eat!! Even more I love to cook.

Sara, you'll be seeing me some - I love this place, I always have, and I have missed you and all of my friends here. I am making a concerted effort to work my way back to being "regular".

Hugs and blessings!

Judy

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2011 4:00:19 AM
Hi Phil,

It is so great to see Judy Smith, it is like she is coming home. I miss her and I do hope she gets her fanny back here regular like she says.

Keep thous good recipes a coming
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2011 4:50:50 AM

Hello Everyone,

Well, it just keeps getting better and better. First Judy and Sara stop by to visit, and now Myrna stops by as well. I am truly blessed with Good Friends. It's so wonderful to see you all.

Judy, it seems that snowy weather can be a problem everywhere, but I actually believe that it's God's way of cleaning the air. At least, everything always seems fresher to me, after a good, cleansing Snowfall. Plus, it's sooooo... Beautiful and sooooo... Peaceful.

I hope that you all will keep coming back by and I'll try to keep the Recipes coming. I love my Crockpot, and even though I still prefer to cook most things the old-fashioned way, you just can't beat the convenience of getting everything together in the Pot, and knowing that it will be ready for the Family whenever everyone is back Home. For eaxample, here's a Meat and Vegetable combination tyhat can't be beat

Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Ingredients

• 4 pounds chuck roast
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped

Directions

1. Take the chuck roast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat.
  2. Place in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery.
  3. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.

Have A Blessed Week My Dear Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2011 8:43:26 PM
Hello My Friends,
Now, you can savor slow-cooked Italian soup with very little effort by simply letting your slow cooker do all the work! This is one hearty soup recipe your whole family will love. I know that mine certainly does.

Slow Cooker Vegetable Minestrone

Ingredients

cups vegetable broth or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
4 cups tomato juice
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (4 1/2 oz)

Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired

Directions

In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except pasta and cheese.

Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.

Stir in pasta. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.

Sprinkle each serving with cheese.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!