Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
11/22/2011 6:37:15 AM
Hi Jim & Kathleen,

She explains it all soooooooooo well. You gotta love her enthusiasm. And the resulting fish and chips looked quite tasty.

Now Kathleen, am I to understand you're preparing a cooking video for us too??? If so it should be interesting. :)

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Fish (How To Clean & Cook Pan Fish)

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/23/2011 8:30:18 AM
Radiating with excitement the school mistress prances into the classroom and announces to the toddlers that tomorrow Obama will be visiting them personally.

So you shall all of you, prepare a little token or a polite phrase for our president because he will shake hands with all of us. How thrilling is that?

The mistress then asks Mary, Anne, Jules and Jo what they intend to offer. These range from cakes to cookies a drawing, flowers and some great quotations from Marx, Stalin and Mao.

Delighted by the prospects, she then asks Jo what he will say or give. “I will say that our cat just had a litter of six, and they are all Democrats.” That is so sweet Jo, replies the mistress as she bobbles around the classroom with uncontrolled excitement bordering to sexual arousal.

As foreseen, the following day Obama turns up and is presented to all the children by a blushing and drawn eyed mistress who obviously had a sleepless night and receives his gifts and compliments. When Obama reaches Jo’s turn the young lad proudly says that his cat has a litter of six and three of them are Democrats. Obama grins along to the next child.

That evening the mistress catches up with Jo and asks why he said three when it was foreseen to have been all six as he said yesterday?

“Well, because this morning I saw that three of them had opened their eyes.”

+0
11/23/2011 8:31:57 PM

Hmmmm, interesting Jim, but I have never seen fish prepared like that. I personally have never dressed raw fish but have cooked it after and I have never seen it cooked with the skin and fins, only after they were removed and the fish filleted. Also I always dip the fish in buttermilk before coating it with cornmeal. But this does get me to wanting some fresh fish. I'll have to see if I can find some at one of the markets here. :)

Quote:

Fish (How To Clean & Cook Pan Fish)

+0
11/23/2011 8:37:50 PM

LOL Kathleen, you are so funny. That might be the way they do it in Louisiana but it's not the way I have ever seen it done, filleting and cooking the fish, that is. :)

Quote:

Now I know how to prepare fee-ish properly!

I just came in from drinkin my afternoon bee-ur outside in my winter coat up here in 40 degree weather, now I think I'll go back out in my Victoria's Secret bikini top...

First I should go get some fee-ish from the river, or maybe from the seafood store "Sanitary Seafood" (they wouldn't fee-ib about it bein' clean!)

Way-ur is that accent fru-um?

Bee-ur does make everthing so much better!

She should have her own TV show!

Darn right, git drunk while you wait on yer fish! Waitin fer anything deserves a beer or few!

Rooster named Gumbo? He knows his days are numbered!

That lady is this decade's version of Ellie Mae Clampett, maybe more like Granny before she got old, I think so!

I think I need to go git a fee-lay knife.

The neighbors might more appreciate my outdoor daily year-round beer-tasting if I was wielding a big ol' fee-lay knife ;)

My opinion brought to you by the often sold-out award winning beer imported from south of the Mason-Dixon line (Baltimore): Heavy Seas: Loose Cannon

I need a new kettle grill for the porch and deep fryer for the back patio, and the usual audience of baby squirrels (why do all the animals seem intrigued with hot oil cookery? maybe because they're cold? LOL!)

Where's Granny's recipe for possum? I saw a fresh one about a mile from here, there's also a live one behind the garage. Should I name him Stew?

+0
11/23/2011 8:39:23 PM
Be sure and Click on Pumpkin Pie at the end. :)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,
BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.
I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,
I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -
THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE,
BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION
WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION,
THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.
SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR,
AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.
GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.
I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY,
WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.
BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY
HAVE NARY A LUMP.
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER
STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Click On:

PUMPKIN PIE

+0