Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Your Friday Chuckle - Every Day Of The Week
9/10/2011 7:10:29 PM

Hi Peter & Friends,

Here's one that I got a Chuckle out of, just because it's so true! Thought that you all might like it as well.

Welcome

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride.

"Wow...what a worthy goal." I told her. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

Click On The Above For A T-Shirt Of Your Own

Have A Great Day My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
9/11/2011 2:47:28 AM
Hello friends, I meant to post something about it being football time in Tennessee last week, since it was their first game of the season, but completely forgot it so tonight I went searching for the Big Orange theme song "Rocky Top" and found this video with the late John Denver, a very young Glen Campbell, the late Johnny Cash and Roger Miller. By the way, Tennessee has a new coach this year. by the name of Derek Dooley, and he's gotten off to a really good start at 2-0. Hope everyone enjoys it and also the one by a much younger Roy Clark with the Muppets. Toe tapping for sure and will definitely make you smile. :)
Roy Clark - Rocky Top
Roy is certainly multi talented when it comes to playing musical instruments.
+0
9/11/2011 3:09:52 AM
Hi friends, following the theme of the two previous videos, about the song "Rocky Top", here is one I found in my search that I think is extremely interesting. I never knew that Dolly Parton was at one time the third most photographed person in the world. I can remember listening to her on one of our local TV stations when she was only a teenager. Enjoy the story of Dolly Parton and also her singing of the song "Rocky Top".

Quote:
"The University of Tennessee awarded entertainment legend Dolly Parton an honorary doctorate of humane and musical letters for her role as a cultural ambassador, philanthropist and lifelong advocate for education. Parton was introduced by Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen, and Parton took the stage and performed "Rocky Top" for the crowd."

PS: Phil Bredesen is not our governor now because of term limits.

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2011 12:29:14 PM
Hi Phil, Evelyn & All,

Phil it's so good to see you here again. Slowly but surely we'll convert all those progressive liberals and if not them their kids will see the light.

Evelyn, the videos were great but you sure gotta hand it to Dolly Parton. She's no spring chicken but she still has the energy of a youngster and sings up a storm.

Shalom,

Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2011 12:52:46 PM
Hi All,

News Busters was on holiday last week and Jodi's back fully rejuvenated and raring to go as you'll all see.

Shalom,

Peter

Topics in today's show:

--Last Sunday marked the tenth anniversary of 9/11 terrorrist attacks

--Obama finally delivered his so-called job speech to Congress last Thursday evening

--The president moved his job speech to avoid a GOP presidential debate

--Obama said his job plan would be entirely paid for

--Gov. Rick Perry is taking heat for saying Social Security is a Ponzi scheme

--During a recent event, Obama needed two teleprompters for a three-minute speech

--A Chicago woman has died after injecting hot beef fat into her face

--Department of Homeland Security has decided to deny citizenship to Canadians with mental illness

Starring: Jodi Miller
Production: Dialog New Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceA_Zhktexg&feature=player_embedded

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!