Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: The President That Hates His Country By Joan Swirsky
8/21/2012 1:50:50 PM
Monday, 20 Aug 2012

By Ronald Kessler

Ronald Kessler reporting from Washington, D.C. — The financial crisis a few weeks before the last presidential election was enough to push Barack Obama over the top. This week’s Newsweek cover slamming President Obama could have almost as much impact.

“Hit the Road, Barack — Why We Need a New President” the cover says. “Obama’s Gotta Go” the article inside says.

Journalists are not idiots. They recognize that Obama, as the Newsweek cover story documents, has been a failure. But they are also lemmings who will not depart from their traditional support of Democrats unless given permission by their peers. The cover story in Newsweek, one of the most liberal-leaning publications in the country, does just that.

Because of support by the press, Obama became president in the first place and has held his own against Mitt Romney in polls.

Three months before the story of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr.’s connection to Obama finally broke in the mainstream media, I began writing stories as chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com about Obama’s close association with his America-bashing minister.

The media, which had known generally about Wright since Obama announced his candidacy in February 2007, ignored the stories.
If the media had picked them up then, Obama likely would not be president today.

According to pollsters, largely as a result of the stories the press finally ran about Wright, Obama’s double-digit lead over Hillary Clinton vanished. At the same time, John McCain shot up in the polls, and Hillary began winning the primaries. But by then, Obama was ahead, and it was too late for her to overcome his previous lead.

Indeed, David Remnick’s “The Ridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama” quotes an unidentified Clinton aide as saying, “If Jeremiah Wright had dropped in January [2008], it [Obama’s candidacy] would have been over.”

Today, the media largely ignore Obama’s daily distortions and record of failure, all documented in the Newsweek article. In contrast, after President Bush gave his 2003 State of the Union address, the press attacked him mercilessly for weeks over his 16-word statement that the British government had learned that Saddam Hussein sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.

In fact, the statement was true. After the British House of Commons Intelligence and Security Committee reviewed the MI6 intelligence about the claim involving Niger, it concluded in September 2003 that the British intelligence service was justified in continuing to say that Hussein had tried to obtain uranium from that country. The press then ignored the report showing that Bush’s statement was indeed accurate.

But when Obama says the private sector of the economy is doing fine, belittles success, claims the Supreme Court cannot overrule a law passed by Congress, says he is not divisive even as he attacks Republicans, gratuitously injects race into his comments, or claims Romney and Paul Ryan would end Medicare as we know it, the press gives the president a pass.

None of this is lost on the public.

A recent Rasmussen poll found that 59 percent of likely U.S. voters believe Obama has received the best treatment from the media so far. Just 18 percent think Mitt Romney has been treated better.

Having been a reporter for the Washington Post and Wall Street Journal, I know how susceptible journalists are to the herd instinct.
The Newsweek cover story in effect tells journalists it’s OK to begin telling the truth about Obama and expose his presidency as the failure Newsweek says it is. For that reason, it could be a turning point in the election.

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2012 2:04:00 PM
Hi John,

So good to see you here again. I agree, Alan Caruba writes excellent articles both on the upcoming elections and the "global warming" farce and fiasco. Hope to see more of you here, I personally missed you.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
Hi Peter

I reckon it's time to pop back in here and see what's going on.

Speaking of Obama, this bloke writes some good stuff on the upcoming election, and also exposes climate lies.
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2012 2:10:11 PM
Hi Helen,

It certainly does interest us here. Alan West is one of my favorite politicians and to be perfectly honest the progressive liberal Marxist Democrats are scared s*hitless of him and others of his ilk.

They can't stand the truth and the only thing they have going for them are lies, smear campaigns and the dirty tricks the democratic party is well known for. They can't stand the truth and having no answers just attack with their ridiculous lies and of course changing the subject so they won't have to answer any legitimate questions that Alan West speaks ablut all the time.

We need many more people like Alan West and hopefully this upcoming election we'll get more like him.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Hello everyone

Have you seen this??
Does it interest you here?

Helen

Dear Patriot,

A SuperPAC founded by Allen West's opponent's father, just released one of the most bigoted and hateful ads in American history.

It depicts Congressman West as a woman-beater, a mugger and a coward!

Please make a special generous contribution of $35, $50, $100, $250 or more to help the Black America's Political Action Committee (BAMPAC) stand up to this garbage and defend Allen West.

Liberal Patrick Murphy desperately wants to beat Allen West. So he had his father dump an incredible $250,000 into this SuperPAC in order to run this ad all over eastern Florida.

Please help me defend Allen West. BAMPAC is uniquely qualified to stand up for this American hero.

Unfortunately though, BAMPAC doesn't have anywhere near $250,000 to help counter this massive independent personal attack. So I'm turning to you.

Please donate what you can. We need to raise $110,000 to defend Allen West and we need to do it FAST!

I was afraid the liberal Democrats would try something like this. They hate Allen so much they will do anything to defeat him.

Their goal is to portray Allen West as an out of control conservative. And they are willing to spend incredible sums of money to win.

They've called Allen an extremist. They've called him an ape!

Now they are appealing to the very worst in humanity with this new ad.

WE MUST DEFEND ALLEN WEST!

This new ad features a caricature of Allen beating up an old woman and mugging a family with two kids.

It sarcastically reports that "Allen West fancies himself a fighter."

In a not so subtle way, it calls this decorated war hero a coward!

This is how the left views conservatives.

These are the lengths they will go to destroy a good man who dares to stand up to them.

This is why BAMPAC is going all out to support our good friend Allen West.

We need to push back against these evil attacks and push back hard.

However, I need your help.

This leftist SuperPAC has hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on hate-filled attacks.

We need to raise at least $110,000 to fight back.

Please make the most generous contribution you can to help us defend and reelect Allen West.

Allen is fighting for his political life.

Because of his courage -- because he is a conservative -- the left feels entitled to lie and smear Allen.

That is why BAMPAC needs to go all out for this great American.

BAMPAC is one of the top 25 PACs in the country. We provide the funding and other campaign support that conservative candidates, like Allen West, need. Especially when they are under attack.

Please help reelect Congressman West. Please make the most generous contribution you possibly can.

Sincerely,

Alvin Williams
President and CEO

Paid for by the Black American Political Action Committee and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee."

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2012 2:17:52 PM
Hi Evelyn,

I owe you so many replies that I had to decide which one I'll reply to today. the below article is a very telling one cos it illustrates in the most understandable way (so even the dimwit progressive liberal Marxists addicted freebie lovers can understand) what to expect from obamacare. The most amazing thing is that the elderly have the most to lose and they are already feeling the changes due to B Hussein's transferring money from medicare to obamacare. There is less money to pay the doctors and the elderly will feel the outcome more then the younger population.

The worst part is when they will be refused treatment cos of their age so if they vote for B Hussein they can only blame themselves for shooting themselves in the leg or should I say the heart.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Hi Peter and friends, this is a chilling article from our neighbors to the north, The Canada Free Press. I doubt that a lot of the ones that should heed this, will. It is absolutely amazing that people can't or won't see how this fraud in the WH house has set things in place to ruin our great country and I say that as a registered Democrat and no, I am NOT a racist. As many of you know, I said from the beginning I had a bad feeling about Obama and it had nothing to do with his race. Race or skin color has nothing to do with anyone's character. I hope many will read this article with an open mind regardless of your political affiliation and don't say what this writer says, is not true, because I am already seeing the effects, as many others who are on Medicare, are.

Ugly era of population engineering, the steady elimination of our elderly through Obamacare

Obama’s Death Knell for the Elderly

- Guest Column-- Sharon Sebastian Thursday, August 16, 2012

Under Barack Obama, America is facing an explosion of the elderly poor. The facts are in, the strategy revealed. If Barack Obama and the Democrats win the upcoming election, an ugly era of population engineering, the steady elimination of our elderly through Obamacare will lead to a crisis in humanity.

In addition to Social Security, America’s retirees rely on varied combinations of their savings, investments, company pensions, and Medicare for their existence, all of which are targets of Obama’s war on the elderly.

During a 2008 televised political debate, candidate Barack Obama was asked were he to become President, where would he first cut spending. Obama stalled and stammered hoping the clock would run out so he could avoid answering. The debate moderator again demanded an answer. Seconds before the buzzer sounded, a reluctant Obama answered, “Medicare.” Sounding along with that buzzer was a death knell for American seniors. Obama had set his sights on America’s greatest generation and those following swiftly on their heels. At a 2010 House Retreat, when asked directly, Obama responded to now Republican Vice-Presidential nominee Paul Ryan, that his answer to fixing Medicare is Obamacare. During a CBS 60 Minutes interview, citing numbers from the Congressional Budget Office, Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney pointed out that Obama’s destruction of Medicare is well underway, “There’s only one president that I know of in history that robbed Medicare – [$741] billion to pay for a new risky program of his own that we call Obamacare.”

Built-in delays put off the Obamacare nightmare until after the election. Denying control of medical decisions normally made by patients, their families and doctors, Obamacare outsources your personal decisions to a bloated government bureaucracy run by unelected, leftist ideologues. Extensive cuts to senior care are in the offing with fill-in-the-blank clauses purposely left open to be completed at the discretion of those who control Obamacare. On CBS 60 Minutes, Paul Ryan stated he has a personal reason to fight for seniors to remain on Medicare as it now exists. “My mom is a Medicare senior in Florida. Our point is we need to preserve their benefits, because government made promises to them that they’ve organized their retirements around. In order to make sure we can do that, you must reform it for those of us who are younger.” Ryan stresses that everyone over the age of 55 will keep Medicare as it now exists for the rest of their lives. Proposed is the option for those under 55 to choose Medicare or new alternatives.

America’s seniors are not Obama’s constituency. A majority do not vote for him. Obama’s radical positions on faith, economic irresponsibility, the Constitution, the rule of law, basic freedoms, medical care, increased taxation, spiraling national debt and deficit, abortions, sterilizations, traditional marriage among other of his affronts to their patriotic sensibilities are at odds with America’s most revered generation. There is an almost palpable resentment from Obama of American seniors who worked, fought, and sacrificed to build this country. It was their tax dollars, like generations before them that built the roads, the bridges and America’s infrastructure. That they rejected welfare and favored hard work appears to be an aberration to Obama – values foreign to his ideology. Obama’s resounding message to America’s seniors is that you will be penalized for your longevity, your hard work and frugal savings.

Bluntly, it is a simple strategy, less medical care coupled with less money means less elderly. What younger Americans cannot see coming is that under Obamacare, reduced medical care with limited access to fewer doctors will force parents and grandparents to rely heavily on younger generations for their physical needs and financial support. Life savings are being drained by inflation under Obama’s failed economic policies. Returns from dividends are down, yet Obama wants to crush seniors with a 35%-plus tax rate on dividends. Americans for Tax Reform report that, “According to the Tax Foundation’s analysis of IRS data, 70% of households over age 55 receive dividend income. 71% of all dividends paid flow to these households. To raise taxes on dividends is to raise taxes on seniors.” Obama’s plan would trigger IRS enforcement with the government having direct access to all American’s bank accounts and financial records. By his own words, actions and policies, Obama clearly has seniors in his bulls-eye.

Doctors are already turning away older patients because of Obamacare. In National Review Online, James C. Capretta writes about Obamacare’s deep cuts in Medicare payments to hospitals and care providers: “Actuaries who oversee Medicare’s spending projections have warned repeatedly that these cuts will compromise access to care for seniors because many facilities will be forced to stop admitting Medicare patients. What will seniors do then to get care they need?” That is where Obama’s bureaucrat-laden Independent Payment Advisory Board comes into play. Whether young or old, care to prolong your life has a price on it. Obama’s plan supports rationing as a cost cutting mechanism. Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, brother to Obama’s former Chief of Staff and current Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, designed a life chart with a “priority curve” that conceptualizes population control by age groups. Americans under age 15 and over age 45 are designated as being less productive to the government. Senior Americans and the very young are relegated as being less valuable and expendable. According to Emanuel, there should be limits on how much should be paid to lengthen a life, expressly targeting those over age 65.

Obama’s catastrophic financial policies are deeply personal as Americans of all ages are tightening their financial belts at every turn. Hardest hit are retirees on fixed incomes who feel the pinch in higher food, gas and energy costs that further gut their retirement funds. A great tragedy for many seniors is they know, under four more years of Obama, they will virtually have nothing left to pass on as inheritance to the younger generations. It is lose-lose under Obama for both young and old as the young become more inextricably tied financially to the old. Families will be increasingly torn between elder care, college funds, daycare costs and the need to put money away for their own retirement. Hard times will decimate family budgets no matter their neighborhood, income or skin color. Obama’s failed policies fail everyone.

Obama has cleverly delayed much of the coming pain until 2013, after the election so the elderly will never know what hit them. Obama’s tactic to mislead Americans about what is already underway is simply not to allow the developing crisis into the political debate. The tactic is called omission. Obama’s assault on the elderly is being deployed on numerous fronts. According to The Heritage Foundation, “Obamacare radically changes Medicare through 160 provisions that increase government’s control over the delivery of care, hit doctors with unsustainable payment cuts, and leave taxpayers with higher deficits. Even the program’s chief accountant says many Medicare providers cannot survive the cuts. Obamacare undermines and weakens the doctor–patient relationship by linking payment not to patient [care] outcomes but to adherence to government protocol.” Americans for Tax Reform sees further attack on seniors through Obamacare’s 2013 medical device excise taxes on medical device manufacturers. “These companies will surely build the cost of this new tax into the price of what they sell. Who buys medical devices? Who buys pacemakers, wheelchairs, and other costly medical devices? Seniors do.” Under Obamacare, medical device companies expect to go bankrupt or out of business, leaving the hip, knee and surgical devices to be manufactured in China by cheap labor. Forbes’s John Graham writes: “The medical-device tax is much more than a job-killing tax. It’s a patient-killing tax, too. National Review Online‘s Patrick Brennan notes that Obamacare’s excise tax has put MRI machines and pacemakers in the same category as cigarettes and alcohol.”

In addition to Obamacare being bad medicine, Obama’s policies have already caused severe cut backs in funding to nursing homes, in-home therapy, and health care services. Less funding has led to fewer staff unable to provide proper care. Staffs already complain that they are being reduced to warehousing patients. Seniors whose savings and investments have been gutted by Obama’s failed economic policies have to forego assisted living facilities relying on their cash strapped families to provide for their medical, physical and financial needs. Republican Vice-Presidential nominee Paul Ryan warns on The Kudlow Report that Obamacare will cause an “…implosion of the health care system and an explosion of our public debt…” collapsing quality health care for both the very young to the very old.

Obama made provisions under Obamacare to deal with the coming collapse of quality health care for seniors. They are called “Death Panels” with their end-of-life counseling that will be administered by doctors chosen by the government who will be the ones writing the final ticket for patients of all ages who no longer warrant the expense of further medical care. End-of-life decisions are not to be made by you, your family or your doctor, but by a faceless bureaucrat whose priority is to crunch numbers and downsize the population – especially the elderly.

It is time for seniors to join the battle full force. Urge friends to vote, carpool to the polls, volunteer for hometown campaigns, monitor voting booth locales. Caught in the cross-hairs, America’s greatest generation is once again being called upon to protect themselves, their children, their grandchildren and this great land—this time their battle is with the demagogues of Washington’s radical Left who seek political power at any costs.

Sharon Sebastian’s insights on YouTube:

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2012 2:49:42 PM
Hello Friends,

Here's Daniel Greenfield's take on the "amazing duo" B Hussein and Joe Biden. It's not a complimentary article for either of these two useless idiots and well worth reading especially for the progressive liberal addicted freebie lovers but I sorta doubt they'll read it.

Shalom,

Peter

The Scarecrow of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 07:44 PM PDT

It is not completely impossible that in a moment of electoral desperation, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr will be called into a private meeting with Valerie Jarrett and David Axelrod and told that it's time for him to announce that he wants to spend more time with his family. But it's not very likely.

The chief function of a Vice President is making the President look good and by that measure Joe Biden is one of the best vice presidents who ever lived. The rule of thumb is that the more incompetent the man at the top is, the more of a buffoon the man just below him needs to be to make him look good. And again Biden does this job brilliantly.

James Monroe put as many political rivals in his cabinet as possible, but Barack Hussein Obama and the people around him are too insecure and paranoid to do such a thing. Monroe might have presided over the Era of Good Feeling, but the age of O is the Era of Bad Feelings. Hillary Clinton was never going to be on the ticket. Even giving her the Secretary of State position would never have been an option if it had not been a matter of pure survival, with the Obamas terrified of losing moderate Democrats to McCain.

Joe Biden, never a serious candidate, was the perfect match for Obama. A dumb old white man, to confirm all the dirty impulses of the left, while mockingly giving mainstream Democrats someone they could relate to. Biden's gaffes aren't an embarrassment, they are the whole point, signaling the end of the old American era of leadership. Their implicit message is that you can choose a McCain or Biden, another old white man, or the savvy multicultural representative of a new generation that looks like the America of 2050.

Obama and Biden are both symbols of the Post-American America. Biden represents the outgoing American administration and Obama represents the incoming Post-American administration. It is vital to make the American administration look weak, foolish and useless so as to affirm the right of the Post-American administration to seize power from it.

Biden's ego has made it impossible for him to understand the uses he has been put to. And that is part of the joke. Joe Biden wasn't selected despite his penchant for saying stupid things in public. He was selected because of it. He is there to project incompetence in order to make Obama look better. He is there to make the idea of white male leadership look like a joke. That is his one and only job and he has succeeded at it.

Biden is the successor of every dumb white male father figure on TV gawping at the screen, tumbling over chairs and down the stairs, scratching his head cluelessly at the wiser new generation around him. He is every man in a commercial who can't figure out how to start a car, make coffee or clean the house until his wife or a helpful minority figure shows up and explains it to him.

Doofus Dad is no longer just unable to perform simple tasks in a commercial, rubbing his eyes to the sound of canned laughter. He is the Vice President of the United States who was chosen to live up to that calculatingly manufactured stereotype. And he is rubbing his eyes and saying stupid things to the sound of canned laughter at press conferences.

No halfway responsible man would have deliberately chosen an idiot as his potential replacement. But an administration that has done the things to America that this one has done is not in any way responsible. If you step into Obama's head for a moment, you realize that he does not care at all what happens if he should die. A man who can't be bothered to take care of his own extended family is not likely to care one way or another what happens to a country of several hundred million, most of whom are not even related to him.

Obama truly is a post-racial candidate. His tribalism is a feint. While African-Americans saw him as one of theirs, he has never seen himself that way. His racial identity is as much a scam as anything else about him. Obama has done as much for African-Americans as he has for his half-brother who is calling strangers to help pay his medical bills. Obama dispenses group privileges only when it suits his needs. He exploits accusations of racism, but race means very little to him. Racial identity, like national identity, is a pose that he adopts on the appropriate occasions.

The post-racialism of Obama is the reverse of Martin Luther King's invocation of a society that has transcended race. Obama privileges race over character as a means of invoking guilt and group solidarity. He does not care about all Americans in a way that transcends race, nor does he care about one race exclusively. He cares about no one at all. If he appears to have any warm feelings for a particular group, they seem to be limited to the Muslims of his childhood who helped raise him.

There is nothing reassuring or transcendent about Obama's post-racialism. Like his post-nationalism, it is a symptom of a man who belongs nowhere but who can do his best to pass everywhere by appropriating identities and symbols as if they were currencies to be traded on an international trip. A man such as this is adept at speaking on more than one level, at sending coded messages that say different things to different people in a single word.

To moderate liberals, the selection of Biden sends a message that race has finally been transcended through the hard work of men and women like them. To the left, the message is that the old patriarchy is on the way out and is about to be replaced by a multicultural people's leadership that knows what a ridiculous joke the old white male power structure is. The left is not at all troubled when Republicans ridicule Biden. They chuckle because Republicans aren't in on the joke. Biden is meant to be them. They are Biden.

The left harbors its greatest contempt, not for Republicans, but for liberals. "I love Harry and Sidney and Sammy/I hope every colored boy becomes a star/But don't talk about revolution/That's going a little bit too far," Phil Ochs sang mockingly. "Love me, love me, I'm a liberal." Obama's people are singing Phil Ochs' song and displaying the traditional contempt for all the parts of the Democratic Party that aren't as committed to revolution as they are.

Biden is a joke because the Democratic Party is a joke. He represents what the left sees as the flaws of the Democratic Party and liberalism, the old white males who wanted slow reforms and gradual change instead of abrupt revolution. Obama's people could have chosen a more credible figure who would have provided useful cover, but instead they couldn't hold back their contempt.

That arrogance and contempt are the greatest flaws of the men and women looking down at the world from the capital city of the enemy nation that they have finally seized. They could replace Biden, they should replace Biden, but they probably won't. Their revolutionary ideals are fueled by their egotism. They want to overthrow everything not because they care about everyone, as they claim to, but because they truly don't care about anyone at all. Not only don't they care, but they feel nothing but contempt for the people looking up at them, pleading for jobs or tax relief. And it shows.

To the left race is a means to an end, it is not the end. Its collectivism requires enlisting individual groups dissatisfied with the system to help overthrow it in a coalition whose ultimate aims do not serve the needs of any of the individual groups. The racial identity of millions of African-Americans is a tool, like the former Senator from Delaware who somewhere beneath his hairpiece, past nerves deadened by Botox injections, harbors dreams of inheriting the job in 2016.

Biden still does not understand what he is. He is a fellow traveler, a dupe, a scarecrow of the old white male liberal establishment hung up over a cornfield to attract unknowing liberals while serving as a figure of fun to the left. And despite his corruption and arrogance, there is something sad and pathetic in the spectacle of a hollow man with capped teeth set in a grin making a fool of himself for the amusement of the Post-American crowd. A crowd that he thinks are laughing with him, when they are actually laughing at him.
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!