Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: The President That Hates His Country By Joan Swirsky
12/21/2011 5:18:59 PM
Hi Peter, an excellent article on Ron Paul. You may remember my saying back before the '08 election I didn't have a good feeling about Obama and it turns out my "woman's intuition" was right on target. I have the same feeling about Ron Paul and the more I read about him the more convinced I am that my intuition is right again. Here we have all this damaging evidence in Paul's own words in his newsletter he has been putting out under his name since the 1980s and 1990s. In my opinion these newsletters should not be disregarded and neither should the ilk of some of his supporters, like the things about Obama that were disregarded. This is one of the most important elections we've ever known and we should not disregard that which is right under our nose.
I found this article from the Canada Free Press very timely.

Bradley Manning’s treason trial continues

Ron Paul Says Accused Traitor is a Patriot

- Cliff Kincaid Tuesday, December 20, 2011
As homosexual Army soldier Bradley Manning’s treason trial continues at Fort Meade, Maryland, the support he has received from Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been curiously ignored by the major media, now touting Paul as someone who could win the January 3 Iowa Republican Caucuses. Paul has called Manning, a crossdresser with acknowledged mental problems, a “hero” and “patriot” for stealing government secrets and providing them to WikiLeaks.

Manning, who served as an intelligence analyst in Iraq, is charged with one of the most spectacular and damaging leaks of classified information in this country’s history. The death penalty has been strangely ruled out in his case, but he could still face life in prison.
Admiral Mike Mullen, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the “irresponsible posting of stolen classified documents by WikiLeaks puts lives at risk and gives adversaries valuable information.”
The Ron Paul 2012 website shows a young Ron Paul in a military uniform and as someone who would pursue a “pro-America foreign policy.” It says, “As an Air Force veteran, Ron Paul believes national defense is the single most important responsibility the Constitution entrusts to the federal government.”

It says nothing about the Congressman’s support for accused Army traitor Bradley Manning.
However, speaking at a campaign rally, Paul said that while Manning may have “technically” broken the law against releasing classified information to WikiLeaks, he did so for the purpose of exposing the “horrible things” being carried out by the U.S. Government.

Referring to Manning’s detention before trial, Paul said, “Should he be locked up and imprisoned?” Manning should be seen as a “political hero” and “true patriot who reveals what’s going on,” Paul said.
The Bradley Manning Support Network published an article saying that Paul believes that Manning is a “whistleblower” and his actions “are essential to the country.”
There is no evidence that Manning, who flaunted his homosexuality in the Army, in violation of the “Don’t ask, Don’t tell” policy, was a member of a communist or leftist group. But his supporters come predominantly from the far-left. His backers include the Movement for a Democratic Society, a group of former Weather Underground members and radicals that includes Obama associate and terrorist Bill Ayers.
The Advisory Board of the Bradley Manning Support Network includes Robert Meeropol, whose parents, communists Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, were convicted of violating the Espionage Act and executed for giving the secret of the atomic bomb to the Soviet Union. Meeropol says “it is an honor to join a Board that includes Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, as well as Daniel Ellsberg of Pentagon Papers fame, and filmmaker Michael Moore, among others, but also because I believe it is imperative for as many people as possible to raise their voices in support of Manning.”
On October 28, speaking in Iowa, Paul praised WikiLeaks for providing secret information about the conduct of the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The Moscow-funded Russia Today (RT) propaganda channel features a Paul speech in which the Congressman offered “his support to whistleblowers, applauding WikiLeaks in particular for exposing political fallacies.”
In another broadcast, Paul attacked “state secrecy” and praised WikiLeaks for revealing “spying and meddling” by the U.S. Government.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who says he publishes and comments on leaked documents alleging government and corporate misconduct, is currently facing deportation from Britain on sex crimes charges.
Vice President Joseph Biden has said about Julian Assange and the WikiLeaks disclosures, “I would argue it’s closer to being a high-tech terrorist than the Pentagon Papers.”
In a New Yorker article, “Manning, Assange, and the Espionage Act,” Raffi Khatchadourian said that Manning “appears to have broken a very clearly defined set of laws.” And First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams told National Public Radio that while media organizations which publicized the WikiLeaks material will not face prosecution, Assange himself could be prosecuted by the U.S. Government under the Espionage Act.
More than a year ago, Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, wrote a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to prosecute Assange under the Espionage Act. He also wants Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to designate WikiLeaks a foreign terrorist organization.
The evidence introduced this week at Manning’s pretrial hearing appears to prove that Manning and Assange worked together, a development that should make it easier for the Obama Department of Justice to prosecute Assange for conspiracy to violate the Espionage Act.
In a Daily Caller article, “Why conservatives must adopt Ron Paul’s foreign policy,” Jack Hunter writes that Paul is asking the “basic questions that Americans desperately need to ask” about U.S. foreign policy. But Hunter, the official Ron Paul 2012 campaign blogger, didn’t address or explain Paul’s support for Manning.
The Ron Paul website insists that the candidate supports an American intelligence community that deals with “legitimate threats” but doesn’t explain how this is compatible with a system whereby “whistleblowers” like Manning decide on their own what classified information the government should be able to keep.

Cliff Kincaid

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Some of Ron Paul's supporters will be happy with parts of the below article but the overall picture one gets is IMO of a person I would be very unhappy with in the WH. B Hussein is bad enough with his ridiculous foreign policies and never ending gaffes he makes when ever he travels to other countries.

Ron Paul might even be worse cos he has no foreign policies at all. He has no problem with a nuclear Iran he believes America's is to blame for Jihadi terrorist attacks and that includes 911 which is what he publicly states. I can go on and on but I'll leave the rest to the below article to state what is so obvious to many of us. The Ronbots will take exception to the below article aside from the claim that he's a truther cos many of them are as well but the overall picture is of a very unsavory guy who I'd much rather see sitting in his rocking chair at home as a retired Congressman.

Shalom,

Peter

Yes, Virginia, Ron Paul is a 9/11 Truther (and a Coddler of Racists)

Posted by Leon H. Wolf (Diary)
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/21/2011 5:42:52 PM
Hi Evelyn,

When you connect all the dots in the Ron Paul saga you find a person who is willing to compromise the security of the United States and has no problem saying it publicly. Oh well he's not admitting publicly that he's a truther but instead he blames the US government for the jihadi terrorists actions. The same can be said with his support of a Nuclear Iran that publicly says America along with Israel are its targets.

When B Hussein's associates and very murky past along with his birth certificate and alien father (which makes him ineligible to be president) were ignored by MSM and by many Americans it seems that the same thing is happening with Ron Paul. Neither of these 2 deserve to be president and Ron Paul is almost as frightening as B Hussein sitting in the White House.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
Hi Peter, an excellent article on Ron Paul. You may remember my saying back before the '08 election I didn't have a good feeling about Obama and it turns out my "woman's intuition" was right on target. I have the same feeling about Ron Paul and the more I read about him the more convinced I am that my intuition is right again. Here we have all this damaging evidence in Paul's own words in his newsletter he has been putting out under his name since the 1980s and 1990s. In my opinion these newsletters should not be disregarded and neither should the ilk of some of his supporters, like the things about Obama that were disregarded. This is one of the most important elections we've ever known and we should not disregard that which is right under our nose.
I found this article from the Canada Free Press very timely.

Bradley Manning’s treason trial continues

Ron Paul Says Accused Traitor is a Patriot

- Cliff Kincaid Tuesday, December 20, 2011
As homosexual Army soldier Bradley Manning’s treason trial continues at Fort Meade, Maryland, the support he has received from Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been curiously ignored by the major media, now touting Paul as someone who could win the January 3 Iowa Republican Caucuses. Paul has called Manning, a crossdresser with acknowledged mental problems, a “hero” and “patriot” for stealing government secrets and providing them to WikiLeaks.

Manning, who served as an intelligence analyst in Iraq, is charged with one of the most spectacular and damaging leaks of classified information in this country’s history. The death penalty has been strangely ruled out in his case, but he could still face life in prison.
Admiral Mike Mullen, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the “irresponsible posting of stolen classified documents by WikiLeaks puts lives at risk and gives adversaries valuable information.”
The Ron Paul 2012 website shows a young Ron Paul in a military uniform and as someone who would pursue a “pro-America foreign policy.” It says, “As an Air Force veteran, Ron Paul believes national defense is the single most important responsibility the Constitution entrusts to the federal government.”

It says nothing about the Congressman’s support for accused Army traitor Bradley Manning.
However, speaking at a campaign rally, Paul said that while Manning may have “technically” broken the law against releasing classified information to WikiLeaks, he did so for the purpose of exposing the “horrible things” being carried out by the U.S. Government.

Referring to Manning’s detention before trial, Paul said, “Should he be locked up and imprisoned?” Manning should be seen as a “political hero” and “true patriot who reveals what’s going on,” Paul said.
The Bradley Manning Support Network published an article saying that Paul believes that Manning is a “whistleblower” and his actions “are essential to the country.”
There is no evidence that Manning, who flaunted his homosexuality in the Army, in violation of the “Don’t ask, Don’t tell” policy, was a member of a communist or leftist group. But his supporters come predominantly from the far-left. His backers include the Movement for a Democratic Society, a group of former Weather Underground members and radicals that includes Obama associate and terrorist Bill Ayers.
The Advisory Board of the Bradley Manning Support Network includes Robert Meeropol, whose parents, communists Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, were convicted of violating the Espionage Act and executed for giving the secret of the atomic bomb to the Soviet Union. Meeropol says “it is an honor to join a Board that includes Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, as well as Daniel Ellsberg of Pentagon Papers fame, and filmmaker Michael Moore, among others, but also because I believe it is imperative for as many people as possible to raise their voices in support of Manning.”
On October 28, speaking in Iowa, Paul praised WikiLeaks for providing secret information about the conduct of the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The Moscow-funded Russia Today (RT) propaganda channel features a Paul speech in which the Congressman offered “his support to whistleblowers, applauding WikiLeaks in particular for exposing political fallacies.”
In another broadcast, Paul attacked “state secrecy” and praised WikiLeaks for revealing “spying and meddling” by the U.S. Government.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who says he publishes and comments on leaked documents alleging government and corporate misconduct, is currently facing deportation from Britain on sex crimes charges.
Vice President Joseph Biden has said about Julian Assange and the WikiLeaks disclosures, “I would argue it’s closer to being a high-tech terrorist than the Pentagon Papers.”
In a New Yorker article, “Manning, Assange, and the Espionage Act,” Raffi Khatchadourian said that Manning “appears to have broken a very clearly defined set of laws.” And First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams told National Public Radio that while media organizations which publicized the WikiLeaks material will not face prosecution, Assange himself could be prosecuted by the U.S. Government under the Espionage Act.
More than a year ago, Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, wrote a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to prosecute Assange under the Espionage Act. He also wants Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to designate WikiLeaks a foreign terrorist organization.
The evidence introduced this week at Manning’s pretrial hearing appears to prove that Manning and Assange worked together, a development that should make it easier for the Obama Department of Justice to prosecute Assange for conspiracy to violate the Espionage Act.
In a Daily Caller article, “Why conservatives must adopt Ron Paul’s foreign policy,” Jack Hunter writes that Paul is asking the “basic questions that Americans desperately need to ask” about U.S. foreign policy. But Hunter, the official Ron Paul 2012 campaign blogger, didn’t address or explain Paul’s support for Manning.
The Ron Paul website insists that the candidate supports an American intelligence community that deals with “legitimate threats” but doesn’t explain how this is compatible with a system whereby “whistleblowers” like Manning decide on their own what classified information the government should be able to keep.

Cliff Kincaid

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Some of Ron Paul's supporters will be happy with parts of the below article but the overall picture one gets is IMO of a person I would be very unhappy with in the WH. B Hussein is bad enough with his ridiculous foreign policies and never ending gaffes he makes when ever he travels to other countries.

Ron Paul might even be worse cos he has no foreign policies at all. He has no problem with a nuclear Iran he believes America's is to blame for Jihadi terrorist attacks and that includes 911 which is what he publicly states. I can go on and on but I'll leave the rest to the below article to state what is so obvious to many of us. The Ronbots will take exception to the below article aside from the claim that he's a truther cos many of them are as well but the overall picture is of a very unsavory guy who I'd much rather see sitting in his rocking chair at home as a retired Congressman.

Shalom,

Peter

Yes, Virginia, Ron Paul is a 9/11 Truther (and a Coddler of Racists)

Posted by Leon H. Wolf (Diary)
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
12/22/2011 2:03:15 AM

Hi Peter, here is another informative article on Ron Paul from our neighbors to the north, the Canada Free Press. Also included in this article is a youtube video of Kirchick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Whqtv9D9g-Y#!

Hatred for Israel

Ron Paul: Conspiracy Nut, Anti-Semite
Warner Todd Huston Monday, December 19, 2011

Last year Ron Paul said that the CIA perpetrated a coup over the United States. “There’s been a coup, have you heard? It’s the CIA coup. They’re in businesses, in drug businesses.” That fits in as just another part of the wacky world of Ron Paul that has spanned decades of denigrating blacks, assigning all sorts of crazy conspiracies to the US government, and above all hatred for Israel. It is a disgusting sin that this man is a political candidate for anything much less for the GOP nomination for President of the United States.

A lot of the credit for exposing the worst of Paul’s outrages belongs to James Kirchick who in 2008 wrote a short piece for The New Republic detailing what he found in an archive of Ron Paul’s racist newsletters.
Also back in 2008, then Fox News host John Gibson had a must hear interview with Kirchick asking why so many white supremacists and racists were in such slavish support of Ron Paul when he ran for president in 2008.
Aside from his racist newsletters, Kirchick notes that in 1994, Paul predicted a “holocaust” against South African whites and then advocated for a separate white state in South Africa. Kirchick also says Paul seemed to support the same thing in America.

This week Kirchick wrote a follow up piece on Paul’s 1970s era newsletters that is much more informative than his 2008 piece. In the piece published by The Weekly Standard Kirchick gives a lot more examples of the sort of racist nonsense these newsletters disgorged onto subscribers.
Paul defends himself against the contents of his newsletters by claiming that he never much bothered to read what was being published under his name by his various publishing firms and projects. He then claims not to have supported the racism and off the wall conspiracy theories contained in them.
Kirchick sums his latest piece up with this:
Paul’s more mainstream supporters have always explained away his popularity with 9/11 “Truthers” as an unfortunate consequence of his altruistic, if at times naïve, libertarian ethos: The man just loves freedom so much that he’s loath to turn away backers who may think differently from him. To anyone who bothers to look into Ron Paul’s record, that claim is simply not credible.
Now, let’s look at this young Mr. Kirchick. He is generally centrist, sometimes left of center, to be sure. Kirchick is also gay. However, he calls himself a “gay recovering leftist,” and supported the Iraq war and other military interventions of the Bush era. He has in the past preferred the label “libertarian” to any other. He is one of the few writers that has found outlets in both left and right leaning magazines and newspapers. So, there is his pedigree for those interested.
For me, I’ve read all of Kirchick’s articles on Paul and his points seem quite solid to me. Understanding Kirchick’s political proclivities and taking those into consideration, I find what he’s written about Paul to be solid.
What it reveals to me is the utter shame that Ron Paul is thought to be a worthy candidate in any GOP primary for any position whatever. I tend to see that his fan base of racists, Jew haters, and conspiracy nuts don’t tend to vote for the most part and in talking to many of his ardent — and cultic — supporters over the last few years I see people that do not fit in at all with the rest of the GOP. In fact, in talking to his supporters I find few of them have any knowledge at all of politics outside of “Doctor Paul’s” take on it. They see the whole world through the Paul prism and aren’t well informed otherwise. I also feel that most of them will just fade away once Paul himself finally goes away in 2012 (Paul announced that he won’t run for reelection to his House seat, so unless he wins the White House his political career seems to be over).
I’d like to note that this is no new position for me. Back in September I wrote a similar piece lambasting Ron Paul. In that piece I also note that Paul appeals to only on small wing of the GOP: the economic wing. I noted then and still believe that he is a disaster for the national security wing and the family values wings of the party. A candidate that appeals to only one third of a party base is unelectable.
But even that appeal is among people that are blissfully unaware of his racist past, his associations with wackos, and his support of every conspiracy theory that have come down the pike from the Bilderbergers to the one that claims the CIA started the AIDS virus.
Finally, even if Ron Paul was able to credibly claim he isn’t really an anti-Semite, the fact that he has for decades and until this very day accepted the support of and cavorted with such people is a disqualifier.

Warner Todd Huston

Source:

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/22/2011 4:46:38 AM
Hello Evelyn,

Thanks again for a very interesting article and video. It supports much of what we've been saying about Ron Paul in the past without mentioning his latest outbursts on a nuclear Iran, blaming America for Jihadi terrorism and more.

I've mentioned in the past that his fiscal policies and fight against the Fed are the only positive aspects of this otherwise unsavory character. This article and so many others bring out all the negatives about this guy and supporting him would be almost as bad as voting for B Hussein.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Hi Peter, here is another informative article on Ron Paul from our neighbors to the north, the Canada Free Press. Also included in this article is a youtube video of Kirchick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Whqtv9D9g-Y#!

Hatred for Israel

Ron Paul: Conspiracy Nut, Anti-Semite
Warner Todd Huston Monday, December 19, 2011

Last year Ron Paul said that the CIA perpetrated a coup over the United States. “There’s been a coup, have you heard? It’s the CIA coup. They’re in businesses, in drug businesses.” That fits in as just another part of the wacky world of Ron Paul that has spanned decades of denigrating blacks, assigning all sorts of crazy conspiracies to the US government, and above all hatred for Israel. It is a disgusting sin that this man is a political candidate for anything much less for the GOP nomination for President of the United States.

A lot of the credit for exposing the worst of Paul’s outrages belongs to James Kirchick who in 2008 wrote a short piece for The New Republic detailing what he found in an archive of Ron Paul’s racist newsletters.
Also back in 2008, then Fox News host John Gibson had a must hear interview with Kirchick asking why so many white supremacists and racists were in such slavish support of Ron Paul when he ran for president in 2008.
Aside from his racist newsletters, Kirchick notes that in 1994, Paul predicted a “holocaust” against South African whites and then advocated for a separate white state in South Africa. Kirchick also says Paul seemed to support the same thing in America.

This week Kirchick wrote a follow up piece on Paul’s 1970s era newsletters that is much more informative than his 2008 piece. In the piece published by The Weekly Standard Kirchick gives a lot more examples of the sort of racist nonsense these newsletters disgorged onto subscribers.
Paul defends himself against the contents of his newsletters by claiming that he never much bothered to read what was being published under his name by his various publishing firms and projects. He then claims not to have supported the racism and off the wall conspiracy theories contained in them.
Kirchick sums his latest piece up with this:
Paul’s more mainstream supporters have always explained away his popularity with 9/11 “Truthers” as an unfortunate consequence of his altruistic, if at times naïve, libertarian ethos: The man just loves freedom so much that he’s loath to turn away backers who may think differently from him. To anyone who bothers to look into Ron Paul’s record, that claim is simply not credible.
Now, let’s look at this young Mr. Kirchick. He is generally centrist, sometimes left of center, to be sure. Kirchick is also gay. However, he calls himself a “gay recovering leftist,” and supported the Iraq war and other military interventions of the Bush era. He has in the past preferred the label “libertarian” to any other. He is one of the few writers that has found outlets in both left and right leaning magazines and newspapers. So, there is his pedigree for those interested.
For me, I’ve read all of Kirchick’s articles on Paul and his points seem quite solid to me. Understanding Kirchick’s political proclivities and taking those into consideration, I find what he’s written about Paul to be solid.
What it reveals to me is the utter shame that Ron Paul is thought to be a worthy candidate in any GOP primary for any position whatever. I tend to see that his fan base of racists, Jew haters, and conspiracy nuts don’t tend to vote for the most part and in talking to many of his ardent — and cultic — supporters over the last few years I see people that do not fit in at all with the rest of the GOP. In fact, in talking to his supporters I find few of them have any knowledge at all of politics outside of “Doctor Paul’s” take on it. They see the whole world through the Paul prism and aren’t well informed otherwise. I also feel that most of them will just fade away once Paul himself finally goes away in 2012 (Paul announced that he won’t run for reelection to his House seat, so unless he wins the White House his political career seems to be over).
I’d like to note that this is no new position for me. Back in September I wrote a similar piece lambasting Ron Paul. In that piece I also note that Paul appeals to only on small wing of the GOP: the economic wing. I noted then and still believe that he is a disaster for the national security wing and the family values wings of the party. A candidate that appeals to only one third of a party base is unelectable.
But even that appeal is among people that are blissfully unaware of his racist past, his associations with wackos, and his support of every conspiracy theory that have come down the pike from the Bilderbergers to the one that claims the CIA started the AIDS virus.
Finally, even if Ron Paul was able to credibly claim he isn’t really an anti-Semite, the fact that he has for decades and until this very day accepted the support of and cavorted with such people is a disqualifier.

Warner Todd Huston

Source:

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/22/2011 4:53:13 AM
Hello Friends,

We see that many Hollywood celebrities are spreading the "gospel" of communism. While discussing on the View the recent demise of the N. Korean dictator Kim Jong, Whoopi said that communism as a concept on paper makes makes perfect sense ....... and is keeping her fingers crossed.

Last week Whoopi farted on the View and believe me when I say that her fart makes more sense the she does when she opens her mouth. As a reminder this perfect concept she so admires hasn't worked in any country that embraced that ideology.

You can't fix stupid can you?? BTW, she and others like her are ardent supporters of the Marxist B Hussein. Nuff said.

Shalom,

Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXvwDsoQ42I

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!