Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The President That Hates His Country By Joan Swirsky
12/8/2011 1:38:51 PM
Hello Friends,

The below article by Daniel Greenfield discusses The Winter of Economic Discontent and the common denominator between Russia, the United States and the Middle East and its leaders especially Putin B Hussein and Gaddafi.

It's a very interesting read and describes very well what America and the world are going through now with all these inept leaders.

Shalom,

Peter

The Winter of Our Economic Discontent

Posted: 05 Dec 2011 09:06 PM PST

What do the United States, Russia and the Middle East have in common? They all have unpopular regimes run by out of touch kleptocrats who faced popular uprisings. The opposition groups in all those place don't have much in common, but the governments do.

Obama might have sneered at Mubarak or Putin, but for all the pretense of democracy he was sitting at the top of his own kleptocracy, doling out fortunes to supporters out of the emergency bailout and stimulus plans. The Tea Party was the outraged and vocal response of a working middle-class that was seeing its taxes and its children's future being squandered to feed the appetites of the oligarchy.

The media elite might bemoan the Tea Party as the second coming of the Klu Klax Klan, but it was a far more honest expression of economic discontent than OWS, which limited its manufactured anger to the junior partners in the kleptocracy, while giving the men in power a pass.

Russian voters who watched Putin build palaces for himself while their roads decayed did the unthinkable by challenging his cult of personality at the polls, and despite the massive voter fraud, dealt a severe blow to his grip on power. As long as Putin holds executive power, the repression will double and the suicides, violent assaults and criminal trials against critics will continue-- but it's clear to everyone that he has lost any popular mandate to rule.

Obama lost his popular mandate in 2010 and no matter what happens in 2012, his rule has already ended. Like Putin he wields executive power, but without the support of the public. It's ironic that he played such a key role in removing Gaddafi, when he had more than a little in common with him. The vain showboating, the flagrant corruption and the constant speeches are a feature of both regimes.

There's also plenty of political DNA overlap with Putin. The shirtless photos and the cult of personality is a common element of both men. For now Obama hasn't resorted to having his aides plant animals for him to kill, but there have been plenty of equally cynical stunts. The Putin and Obama machines both sought to conceal their abuses of power under the illusion of mass popularity. But no amount of stunts, shirtless photos, dead animals or showgirls have salvaged Putnism and the Obamanation won't be saved by another trip to the beach or another ObamaGirl.

Oligarchies are as common as any global pest, but they're more easily tolerable when things are going well. Putin was popular when the money was rolling in and Americans tolerated Clinton's antics when the jobs were around. When the economy turns bad then the obnoxious behavior of the ruling class is more than an irritant or an item for the celebrity column, it's a spark of revolutionary anger. Who takes advantage of that anger is an open question.

In the Middle East, the chief beneficiaries of public anger have been the Islamists. In the United States the Tea Party revitalized the right, forcing the left to try and cobble together its own economic protest movement. In Russia there are no clear winners, but the anger is nevertheless very real as a generation that had been too young to be outraged by the Yeltsin era and thrilled that Putin seemed to have things well in hand has made it clear that no amount of threats or intimidation will keep them in line any longer.

The end of the 20th century has meant the end of the ideological dictatorship and the transition to the pure economic oligarchy in Russia and China, which exist only to monopolize wealth, which forces them to maintain a certain degree of economic freedom. Unfortunately this same situation has followed in the United States and Europe, which are locked into federal oligarchies spending unsustainable amounts of money and clamping on economic and political freedoms.

The liberalization in Russia and China, and the tyrannization in Europe and America represent a convergence as all the regimes move toward a common standard that give the elite maximum power without excessively restraining the economic possibilities that keep their respective oligarchies going as profitable ventures. Even Iran is tearing itself apart in power struggles between the ruling elites all looking to grab a chunk of its oil wealth. Across the Middle East, the children of the wealthy, the Islamist tycoons and the generals who control entire industries are facing off for control of entire nations.

An economic downturn makes the competition over diminishing wealth and resources burn hotter, not least because there are suddenly a whole lot more ordinary people willing to enlist in the struggle. The so-called Arab Spring is less about democracy and tyranny, than it is about the price of bread. Had the State Department kicked in enough wheat to get Mubarak over the hump, Tahrir Square would be no more than another obscure protest. And had Obama kept the corruption down to at least Clinton standards, the Tea Party might have never taken off.

No sense of proportion is another thing that Obama and Putin have in common. It's understandable in Putin who went from a KGB spook to the new Czar, and somewhat understandable in Obama who quickly moved from State Senator to Senator to the Oval Office on a golden carpet without ever having to work for it. Both men were the figureheads for oligarchies looking to take control of the massive resources of the two former world powers. Neither really understood that they could fail.

Both regimes wielded legions of followers, their iconic images appearing on posters, shirts and stickers. But while Putin had a good ride, Obama's cult of personality came to a much quicker end. The difference between the two men was that the ex-KGB men who made up the Putin regime had long ago been disabused of the illusion that wealth was an infinitely elastic quality manufactured by government diktat. The USSR had run itself deep into debt and economic ruin that way, and they understood that wealth had to be created in order to be exploited, resources had to be developed and exploited for them to be monopolized.

The Obama oligarchy saw the government and its power as the ultimate resource to be exploited. There was no need to go drill in the arctic, when you could just sink another shaft into the treasury and drill, baby drill. Call it a stimulus plan, or a bailout or a job creation plan, but just make sure the good stuff keeps coming. That kind of wanton criminality would have been bad enough in the 90's, but it was completely unacceptable in the middle of a recession.

The good times are over now, for Egypt, which is tottering into ruin, for Russia, which is choking on its own corruption even as there is less money to go around, and for the United States, which is stuck with a criminally stupid elite which seriously believes that the more it steals, the quicker the recovery will come.

If Putin was an old style mafia boss, Obama is the glib kid who starts believing that his cons actually help his victims become better people by relieving them of their material possessions. The Krugman school of economics teaches that wasteful spending is the path to wealth and high taxes bring on national prosperity. Plenty of world leaders have done stupid things, but none of them have convinced themselves that bankruptcy is the path to prosperity.

Unfortunately for the rest of the world, Obama's stupidity is their problem. America and Europe are still the pillars of the world economy and between the EU leadership and Obama, it's no wonder that the tin pot oligarchies elsewhere are collapsing. The force tearing them down isn't really democracy or a desire for freedom, it's the criminal stupidity and venality of the people at the top.

America is a wonderful country where the son of a Kenyan philanderer can go on to bankrupt not only its economy, but that of the world. And Europe is repeating all its old follies and turning the EU into an even more naked tyranny run by the same incompetent idiots responsible for its crises. And if Russia, Middle East and China's leaders wish they had a shot at the US Treasury, they have to settle for watching their enemies melt down, even as they try to ride out the accompany storm.

Bread and circuses, subsidized goods and political entertainment, can only go so far. Americans have stopped buying magazine covers with Obama's smug face leering back at them and Russians are far less interested in Putin matroshka dolls. When there are no jobs then it's time for the clowns to get back in the limo before the rocks start flying.

America and Europe are at the fulcrum of the mess, and the solution lies with them, but the only solution is for the oligarchies to give up some of their power, which they are not prepared to do. Federalization has gone too far, but no one can turn back. Turning your back on power requires leadership and the oligarchy is set up to exclude leaders.

When in doubt, pass the blame. Obama has decided to run his campaign on a theme of blaming the robber barons, though the only robber barons around are supporters of his campaign. It's one more thing he has in common with Putin who ruthlessly went after some oligarchs, while allying closely with others. Obama has already borrowed so much of the Putin playbook that a little more won't hurt.

After claiming to have channeled the spirits of FDR, JFK and Reagan-- Obama will call on the ghost of Teddy Roosevelt to tackle powerful economic interests. It would be more impressive if not for the fact that the few monopolies around today are in the communications industry and they are close allies of the administration.

Roosevelt's call for Direct Democracy and having the voters decide how government should run is as alien to Obama as it is to Putin.

When Theodore Roosevelt said that, "I believe the majority of the plain people of the United States will, day in and day out, make fewer mistakes in governing themselves than any smaller class or body of men, no matter what their training, will make in trying to govern them," he was warning about this state of affairs.

Roosevelt's suggestion that judges could be recalled would give any modern day New York Times columnist a conniption fit and have him suggesting that maybe Sarah Palin doesn't seem so bad after all.

Every moment in history has its own context. Roosevelt's campaign against monopolies has given way to a government monopoly on power that excludes and suppresses the rights of the citizens to govern their own affairs. It is a state of affairs that Roosevelt would have been foremost in opposing.

The monopoly of the present is the monopoly of government. It is an absolute monopoly which grows remorselessly and whose unrestricted growth threatens to destroy the nation. Roosevelt envisioned a great government for a great nation, instead what we have is a miserable government that is bringing the nation down with it.

This is the winter of our economic discontent, not ours alone, but a global discontent that crosses oceans and stretches across seas. It is the discontent of narrowing horizons, shrinking possibilities and diminishing hopes. This is how republics die and civilizations fall, and if the oligarchy cannot be expected to reduce the size of its government, then it will be up to the people of the nation to step forward and complete the task for it.
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
12/8/2011 3:36:32 PM
Happy Thursday everyone. Amanda I was in the process of replying to you last night when my desktop crashed without warning and I am having to use my laptop which doesn't have very many of my files transferred to it as I only bought it to use when I travel. I will have to use it though until I can either get my desktop repaired or go buy a new one.
Amanda if you think about it, we tend to make friends and surround ourselves with people who have the same values we have and I'm sure you remember how in the last election, too many, including the MSM , refused to look at the type people Obama had as friends and his long time associates which, you will agree was a big mistake. I also think it is a very big mistake to ignore Ron Paul's supporters and the people he has associated himself with. In my opinion this is very telling to what kind of person he really is as having been here on this old earth for several years now, I have found the saying "birds of a feather flock together" to be oh so true.
Another thing, I strongly believe that we also have to be very careful who and what we let influence our thinking as there are too many out there with their own agenda. We are truly living in a scary world.
Well I have some shopping to do and some errands to run so have a wonderful day. :)
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2011 11:47:00 PM
Hello Peter and friends

Hello Peter,
Yes Alex is one of my favourite alternative sources is so I guess enough said.

I am a Truther - I have woken up..More often than not, I feel I am singing to the choir.

I read, listen, watch from various sites, youtube, searches etc whom I have shared - they have not all been Alex Jones, however I have found that Alex has already done an article, youtube etc on the subject that I have just found out about. He has been awake for years and very probably before some of these others whom have/are puting out their information.

I copied from my website that I have had this message since I woke up - and repeat it again:-
1 Creating The Problem (there wasn't any problem to begin with - (False Flag 9/11)
2 Watch for the public to react to this fabricated problem
3 Public demand a solution to the problem, through FEAR, the Main Stream Media keeps Terrorists 'false' activity in the news regularly (MSM is owned by the Globalists)
4 They come in through the Govt like 'hero's with a new law (the solution) and people give up part of their freedom, security, money to pay more taxes, for the service etc
"If a lie is told often enough - the people will believe it"

Remember this rule:
You can fool all the people some of the time
You can fool some of the people all of the time
But, you can't fool all of the people all of the time (This is me)
Which are you?

But people are still sleeping - although there is a stirring but not necessarily knowing whom is behind the problems - the main source.

Here is two audio clips from Lindsey Williams "On the Elite' talking on the Prophecy Club.
I had not heard of him before, however what he spoke of regarding how the Elite operates I had already found this information how the Elite manipulates the population, so Lindsey is just verifying what I have found and already shared. Although the news he shares I was not aware of but am not surprised as I have seen lots of signs pointing to
something big happening in the pipeline and also how they work - History repeats itself, they are adept at how they manipulates, it works so why change the strategy..
Lindsey's information is still good advice to heed and take action especially in audio 2.

I am realizing more that God has had James and my best interests after our Foreclosure by Wells-Fargo (of course we did not know back then what we know now) because we do not have stocks/shares, 401k etc and buying our property privately, through Notary Public owners (daughter who was also co owner signer) and paperwork, without interest added it is a straight sale because the late owner whom died of terminal illness was a fellow believer. Our property taxes are not very high.

Now onto Elections next year...I have shared from another alternative source and MHO also that Obama will more than likely get re-elected, and this will be turning point and he will stay in for years and years. He is young enough and he is a 'good puppet'. The Consititution will not matter as that has already been shreded along with the Bill of Rights etc

1. I will not be voting because it is a waste of time or if I do it will be 'none of the above or what other wording to use to show my dislike' I do not believe that Ron Paul will be elected because they will not let this happen - but I am helping put his name out there because it 'scares them', he is not shown on any MSM ratings so I know they are worried.. and he is still far better than anyone else as he is not an Elite..unless a complete different person not associated with the Elite comes forward, but I think it is too late in the day for that too happen.

2. The votes are rigged and stolen by computer - it has happened before and back in Bushes elections. Our opinions or votes will not matter, the Secret Govt are in charge and they are just putting new faces up to guage the publics reaction.

3. Obama has been an excellent 'Puppet' and done what he has been told - whereby Bush did not, Bush has some conscience as he supported the Military and has even gone riding a 3 day event with 'Wounded Warriors' which I shared a video.

4. Obama, is a Muslim - never had any patriotic ties or feelings for the US so it is obvious to us that he hates non Muslim and has been associated with very radical people. He does not have a conscience to US people.

5. There has been chatter on the internet that there will be some sort of 'red flag' soon and many are on guard. I reckon it will be scary enough to be a shoo in for Obama too win the day and the elections.

Quote:
Hi Amanda,

You stated in one of your posts that Alex Jones is one of your favorite alternate news sources and for me he's the exact opposite. I've given my reasons in the past as Jim mentioned and also to you in the recent past.

This head line is one of the reasons he's very far from being on my favorite list. From the "sensational" headline you understand that it's happening now and that's not true is it? I read the article and it's a rehash of things he's written over the years and preached on in his many videos. You'll find that what he has in common with MSM is his reporting on his own commentary as facts rather then reporting news. Had he simply reported on the email alone that he got through anonymous sources that would be news (not very exciting or interesting news but still news) but the rehash of old stuff as if it's all new is a typical Alex Jones tactic.

We all know there are FEMA camps and have known for a few years now so all he's doing is copying the MSM whose forte is presenting commentary as news or creating news rather then reporting on news. The difference is that he had an agenda for his latest move and that was to get more people to his "infowars" website. I didn't count but he repeated himself a few times recommending to his listeners that they tell all their friends and give them the link to his site.

Nuff said about Alex Jones.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:

Exclusive: Government Activating FEMA Camps Across U.S.

• PrintThe Alex Jones ChannelAlex Jones Show podcastPrison Planet TVInfowars.com TwitterAlex Jones' FacebookInfowars store

Kurt Nimmo and Alex Jones
Infowars.com
December 7, 2011

+0
12/9/2011 1:38:46 AM

Hello Peter and friends, this article would also fit well in your HSIG thread Peter where I just posted a similar article.

Shalom

Obama’s U.S. Ambassador to Belgium, Howard Gutman

Obama Appointed Ambassador Says Israel At Fault for Muslim Anti-Semitism

Warner Todd Huston Monday, December 5, 2011
Since he ascended from nothing to the office of President of the United States, Obama has shown a disdain for most of our western allies that borders on hatred. But he’s reserved his most backhanded treatment to Israel. It isn’t just what he’s done to show Israel that he has no use for them, but it goes all the way down to his every last appointment and this week we see another reminder of that in the comments belched forth by Obama’s U.S. Ambassador to Belgium, Howard Gutman, who basically said that anti-Semitism perpetrated by Muslims is really all Israel’s fault.
As Jake Tapper (one of the few real reporters in Washington) reported on Sunday, Gutman made his remarks at a conference on anti-Semitism organized by the European Jewish Union on Dec. 2.
At the conference Gutman said, “a distinction should be made between traditional anti-Semitism, which should be condemned and Muslim hatred for Jews, which stems from the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.” Gutman imagined that tensions between Muslims and Israel is one, “largely born of and reflecting the tension between Israel, the Palestinian Territories and neighboring Arab states in the Middle East over the continuing Israeli-Palestinian problem.”
Gutman said that “throughout the Muslim communities that I visit, and indeed throughout Europe, there is significant anger and resentment and, yes, perhaps sometimes hatred and indeed sometimes and all too growing intimidation and violence directed at Jews generally as a result of the continuing tensions between Israel and the Palestinian territories and other Arab neighbors in the Middle East…every new settlement announced in Israel, every rocket shot over a border or suicide bomber on a bus, and every retaliatory military strike exacerbates the problem and provides a setback here in Europe for those fighting hatred and bigotry here in Europe.”
What is all this if not a way to blame the Jews for Muslim anti-Semitism?
Naturally, many in Israel are not happy. In fact, one of the speakers that followed Gutman’s disastrous comments denounced him right there on stage,as well he should, according to Tapper’s report.
But Gutman’s blaming of the Jews for everything that befalls them — akin to blaming the woman for being raped, in my opinion — fits in nicely with Obama’s attitude against Israel. It also fits in with most of his appointees to the Middle East. Some of his past appointees were Susan Power — a woman that said we should be giving military aid to the Palestinians — and Robert Malley — a man that has close working ties to Hamas.
So, it just shouldn’t surprise that yet another Obama team member is blaming the Jews for radical Muslim terror and hatred.

Warner Todd Huston
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2011 4:40:34 PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to share three shortish video's with Ron Paul mentioned or featured in them.

The first is from Troops/Military which 2/3 of them are financial as well as supporters of Ron because in their owns words he listens to them and a true believer/follower of the Constitution. - Are these the people whom are 'Ante-Semitic' that I have to watch whom Ron associates with?
If they are, then I have no idea what Anti-Semitic is..I thought it meant people who hate Jews and Christians by actions and deeds. Also please give me youtube videos that Ron has said Jewish/Christian hate speech because I have never heard it, and I need to understand where or what I have missed.

I am doing my best to bring other sources to support my writings and not just the same old and I have made an error of judgement and upset you Peter using a list of 10 (I think) things that tells us US is in deep Do-Do, and explained it was the list I supported for the contents - not the person whom wrote them.
This Marine is awake and speaks how they were lied to and used for other jobs - like growing and guarding Opium fields!! When Afghanistan hardly had any drugs coming out of this country before the US got there..This is such a disgusting truth how our Military men and women have been used and other nefarious jobs for these two Bush and Obama Administration Secret Government to make more billions for their Elite murderous Thugs that have corrupted and hijacked this country.

This video was released on Youtube 9 December and Ron responded to Prime Minister Netanyahu short speech on this interview, which sounds reasonable to me and the correct solution to what the US 'has' been doing.

I apologise if my writings sound sarcastic, I am not trying to be - I am frustrated because I am doing my best to show you how corrupt this Government is as well as the huge Banks whom is all behind it, there plans for humanity. Yet for the past several writings I have been met with resistance to the point of being scoffed as a Conspiracy Theorist - this is way past any Theory they have been practicing... that I cannot keep writing in here because I am spinning my wheels and singing to the choir and my time will be best spent speaking with many other people whom will at least be a little more open to hear that there is a whole lot more secrecy plans behind what the MSM tells us and to plan. Have you started stocking away non-perishable foods for the famine? You need to think about all the earthquakes, storms, that have hit all over the world this year because crops have been damaged and there will be a shortage of food, not only these visual commonsense signs but the Bible also warns us.

Amanda

Quote:
Happy Thursday everyone. Amanda I was in the process of replying to you last night when my desktop crashed without warning and I am having to use my laptop which doesn't have very many of my files transferred to it as I only bought it to use when I travel. I will have to use it though until I can either get my desktop repaired or go buy a new one.
Amanda if you think about it, we tend to make friends and surround ourselves with people who have the same values we have and I'm sure you remember how in the last election, too many, including the MSM , refused to look at the type people Obama had as friends and his long time associates which, you will agree was a big mistake. I also think it is a very big mistake to ignore Ron Paul's supporters and the people he has associated himself with. In my opinion this is very telling to what kind of person he really is as having been here on this old earth for several years now, I have found the saying "birds of a feather flock together" to be oh so true.
Another thing, I strongly believe that we also have to be very careful who and what we let influence our thinking as there are too many out there with their own agenda. We are truly living in a scary world.
Well I have some shopping to do and some errands to run so have a wonderful day. :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!