Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time to Congratulate LUKA BABIC, the 182nd POTW:
4/2/2009 1:31:54 AM

Dearest Thomas,

Thanks for the congrats and for this nice crown.

Is there any day when you`re not busy? :)

Hugs my friend!

Luka

+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 2:05:55 AM

My dear Alain,

For a very short time you became so close and important to me :). I must admit I was sad when went to sleep without your post here. BUT OFCOURSE, being spoiled includes the question "BY WHOM" :) .

Really, you pretty have spoiled me and I won`t wonder if you`d have some sweet words with my strict and jealous mother.

Now she will kill me :) .

I AM JUST KIDDING.

She is all, but never strict and never jealous.

HOW DID YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE "THE SEAGULL " AND "THE LITTLE PRINCE?"

((youtube id="cg4554ZiOTk"))((/youtube))

Being (living) at the crossroad between East and West may be confusing (and mostly it is) but also may be a big blessing.

In Russian literature, I could learn about the path which leads to the depths of human life and soul. They have amazing writers. Most valued and praised by the church authorities was DOSTOEVSKY, but he couldn`t amaze me. I THINK his choice to specify human nature in 4 basic characteristics ... even though was/is very praised ... is also very poor and discouraging.

BUT TOLSTOY!!!!!!! I am happy knowing that from TOLSTOY`s SOUL Russian Church is ready to decline ANATHEMA (maybe they already did it, and I just didn`t read about).

While Dostoevsky pictured HUMAN nature, so very adoptable to the sins .... TOLSTOY WAS A VOICE OF THE COMMON SENSE, speaking OF GOD`S READINESS TO EMBRACE, TEACH AND FORGIVE. Because he was fighting against oligarchy`s hypocrisy ... the church put ANATHEMA ON HIM ... and his grave was (is) at the forest, without ANY SING OVER IT.

Ahhhhhhhhhh .... Jesus told "I AM GOING TO ROME TO BE CRUCIFIED AGAIN" ...

Now I went too far.

Wished to tell that my education and my national culture is strongly influenced by both : EAST AND WEST.

What I feel as a GREAT influence from west, is THE WORK OF THE METAPHYSICIANS. Not the works from all ... but a few of them really did a great job, and were biggest asset to my understanding of life and God`s word.

One Serbian great writer and theolog, Bischoph Nikolay Velimirovich wrote amazingly on the subject ... His "Reflections about the good and evil" includes all the differences and similarities between East and West.

And along with the metaphysicians from USA (mainly) go some great novels like "The Seagull", "The Little Price" and near all novels from Paulo Coelho and some others.

AGAIN, I WROTE MUCH MORE THAN I INTENDED.

Must run off to the school and would be back ASAP.

THANK YOU ALAIN FOR ALL, ALL, ALL FROM YOU!

Hugs,

Luka

+0
Lia
Lia Kovacs

105 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/2/2009 3:26:15 AM

Dear LUKA, CONGRATULATIONS
         You are so good in expressing your feelings and thoughts, sorry I can't express myself in the same way (with nice words) but I'm sure you can "feel me
:)

P.S.:I love the LITTLE PRINCE  I just founded this interesting and funny little quiz.

BYE for now, LIA
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 4:15:00 AM

Dear Kathleen,

First of all, I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so true and a great friend to Luka. He told me that you used much of your time to help him to bear with some of his dilemmas. God bless you for that!

As a child and young girl, before I became mother, I was living pretty rich. Never have missed anything material ... When we here wish to say how abundantly one lives, we say that he has "the luck of the bird`s milk" ... But, I have NEVER experienced much love and understanding from my parents, and one day when would go on my way leaving this physical life ... I  wish I can fully forgive and be happy for overcoming this.

I never was too much interested in material things, but was simply addicted to a beautiful fragrances (for my personal hygiene), perfumes and cigarettes.

During Luka`s first year of life, while I was running my private business, LUKA WAS LITERALLY SLEEPING OVER A $ MILLION :) .... (Then, I already lost a confidence in our banks, what has been proved as very smart, when they were broken, and I kept the money under Luka`s kinderbett).

Before he fulfilled 2 years .... we were homeless .... and hungry.

I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO WISH ANYONE IN THIS WORLD TO BE FACED WITH FACT .... that HAVE NOTHING TO GIVE SO LITTLE KID TO EAT. AH!!!!!

Now I am crying as I started then ...

Luka and I aren`t telling our stories to make heroes from us. But to encourage people that MAN CAN OVERCOME ANYTHING.

If not fall into  a self-pity, hate and fear.

"God and faith" were our key-words to survive and to GROW UP LITERALLY TOGETHER :) . He taught me and I taught him. That was for me, the way to learn a true respect and appreciation.

I told Luka last night that I think he didn`t have to preach at this forum.

But he thinks differently, and I respect that.

And about hen-pecking ... Jayson is a great kid! Funny and sincere. Very intelligent and just great.

I think no one likes hen-pecking.

AH LUKA!!!! In one of your forums you told for my mother she is a FOOLISH MAIDEN :) :) :) ... and now you describe my father as the flock of the hens wrapped by the human skin!!! Take care boy! LOL! Will search for the tool to cut your tongue even a little :) !

Kathleen, don`t worry : there are days when this sweet Luka is simply unbearable! Ask Joe how many times I cried him on that subject! UNBEARABLE!

And that occurs always WHEN I AM BEARING WITH THE PONGS OF CONSCIENCE, which like to suggest me I DIDN`T GIVE HIM ENOUGH. Really! Always when I condemn myself that I am not a good parent (silently, inside) ... Luka becomes WALKING, ROLLING, TWISTTING AND KILLING TOUNGE!

When I stop with blaming myself .... he stops with the insults.

Our thoughts and emotions communicate before our words and acts.

DEAR BARB, GABY AND ALL - thanks for loving my son.

Luka, take care :) .

Hugs,

Branka

+0
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 5:32:02 AM

Hi Luka,

CONGRATULATIONS LUKA, YOU GOT 182nd POTW.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

Yours sincerely

Rajaram S.K.

S.K. Rajaram
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!