Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Honor the Winner of the 2008 PERSON OF THE YEAR:
1/14/2009 1:45:14 PM

Kathleen, you and I butted heads over politics (and I'm sorry for arguing with you in the past).

I am NOT butting heads with you over your Astounding POSITIVE attitude here in this thread. Your post here is 100000000% right on.

POSITIVE remarks, POSITIVE comments.  NOT criticism make a leader.  We don't need SNIDE and put-downs. We do NOT need word wars (and I post that in my forums).  Thank you Kathleen.

I'm sending Bogdan a request that you be involved in the POTW.  You have really good ideas

Take care and I'm behind you,

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 1:53:33 PM

And I think getting some good Publicity Agents would be a good idea. 

I was the Publicity Representative when I was in college.  I wrote newspaper notices and made posters to put all over the campus for college events.  We had good turnouts for our events.

We need COLOR & pretty topics in some of our forums to advertise the POTW awards. 

Send them to the POTW forum. 

Directing people to our award would  be helpful.

Just my opinion,

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 2:03:54 PM

Hey that sounds like a wonderful idea!  Everyone knows that if you want to get the word out about something Pat. B. is your gal!  Excellent idea!.  Sounds like a grand plan.

I bet you were the hall monitors and teachers pets in high school.  You cheery ideas and spirit shines through and should be focused in constructive ways.  You got my vote!

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2009 2:41:04 PM

Advertising works!   Come celebrate the POTW Award! 

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/1182764/ShowThread.aspx

Congratulations to all our winners in the POTY.  You are truly winners!

+0
1/14/2009 7:31:22 PM
Hello Kathleen,

I've been reading a lot of the posts that have been
written in the different forums since the end of the
POTY contest and to say I'm appalled by some of the poor losers is an understatement and I'm not talking about the contestants.

For several months now I've been going back through the post history, usually first thing in the morning. During this time I became aware, of what I believe, were some very unethical goings on in several of these contests.

I'm of the opinion that a small group here have been
rigging most of the elections, through having
multiple accounts, to get their party elected or to keep one of their perceived enemies from winning. I believe a LOT of these accounts are in fictitious names. If you had gone through the New Members list as I do each day, I think you would have seen what I mean.

What made me really start noticing, what I believe has been going on, was one night I went to bed and the person that had the least votes of anyone in the POTW was announced the winner the next day instead of the person with the hefty lead. After this happened I began to watch more closely and sometimes I wouldn't even vote because I could see where it was headed. 

As I watched this POTY election, from the beginning it was easy for me to see which way it also was headed, so I waited to cast my vote and that is why I chose to campaign for Peter Fogel by sending multiple PM's to people on my friends list. From what I've witnessed through being here for almost three years, I truly believe Peter is an honorable man. Perfect? No, but I believe a man of integrity and good character.

Sadly I've also been witnessing character assassinations in some of the forums against Peter and another friend of mine and one guilty party in particular will just not give up. Some of these were subtle and some blatant. I'm also of the opinion that the green eyed monster is at the root of most of the problems here.

Some things I've been taught all my life are:

1. When you sling mud at someone you usually end up getting more on yourself instead of the person you're slinging it at.

2. Don't air your dirty laundry in public.

3. The best Christian testimony we can give is the life we live.

I've never, in the time I've been here, ever gone to ALP administration to tattle on someone. I just don't believe you can get any more immature than that. I've had relatively few problems since I've been here. Nothing that I couldn't handle on my own.

I also don't make a habit of deleting people from my
friends list. I've only done that once and that was
because I was attacked personally in a public forum by a certain person.  

At my age I could less whether anyone likes me or not. Just don't bother me. I am what I am. Just an opinionated, crotchety old lady who detests egomania and dishonesty. 

These are some things that have been weighing on me and I just had to get them out.

I sincerely hope everyone has a glorious 2009.

Evelyn

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!