Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: HSIG- AMERICAN MUSLIM GROUP COMMENDS FBI FOR REJECTING CAIR
4/1/2009 4:09:36 PM

Erroneous now come on Peter, the Quran may be the youngest of the the great biblical works but Muslims' religious beliefs have been with them a lot longer.  I believe this should enlighten some ((youtube id="H6daBEwivQE"))((/youtube))

It appears we are all descendants of Abraham, wouldn't you agree? 

I am not saying the Islamists are right I am just saying the Muslims religious beliefs are older than Islam and Muhammad.  The followers of Jim Jones and David Koresch thought they were some kind of prophets too. 

However it does not discount the common belief of most religions, in a one and only God. 

We just seem to like to argue over whose interpretation controls the people and that is a struggle for power of one over the other and seeks the submission of one over the other and there will never be peace.

Islam is a political movement not a religion. IMHO

If it is a religion then prayer in schools should be returned, display of "In God We Trust" should be proudly displayed and the "Ten Commandments" should command a prominent spot in all public buildings.

Jim

PS:

Just Say NO to Sharia in the USA!

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2009 10:43:15 PM

Sorry again Jim. The video is telling you that you are a Musllm too. Prior to Mohammad's writing of the Koran (don't forget he had a "soft" version that  wasn't accepted and then he changed it to the radical version that was) aside from the Jews and Christians they were all pagans. That was their religious beliefs prior to Mohammad and his creation of Islam a bunch of idols and other symbols.

This guy is trying to change religious history and you are buying it?

No to Sharia law for sure. Sharia law is part of Islam that demands the treatment of infidels and world domination that we all already know about.

So it's no to radical Islam that includes Sharia law, the death of all infidels and world domination.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 1:20:09 AM

Ok Peter,

Granted I am not as learned as you in this stuff, so I could be wrong.  But what I see is a difference of interpretation as I see with any form of religion. 

As we have discussed before it comes down to the simple fact, all religion, is based off individual writings and retelling of stories, by men and not one of us know what is right and factual. 

It is part of the "Greatest Story Ever Told". 

As I have also said before religion is the worlds oldest form of MLM and no one agrees exactly on how to do it right.

So rehashing history isn't going to solve anything.  My ignorance of the subject prevents any further discussion, on my part, other than personal opinion.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 8:37:34 AM
OK, boys play nice ;)

I have a question  on the Muslim issue here. My question is what religion did the Muslims practice prior to Islam? If any ?  I have been trying to find out that answer and have not been able .

I know that  Moses' father in law believed in One G-d; so are they the same Arab line that are now the Muslims and did they come from Ishmael  the son of the Egyptian  Haggard the maid of Sarah ? I know that G-d also told her that his line would also be large in numbers.

Shalom,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 8:47:57 AM

Hi Jim,

I'm not sure interpretation is the right word here in the case of Islam. The Koran is very explicit in it's writings as you know and in my personal opinion a moderate Muslim ignores or doesn't accept many of the laws that are in the Koran.

I'm referring to death to infidels, the treatment of women, slavery and many more of the laws that are part of Sharia law. I might be wrong here but it is a feeling I have.

This group is specifically saying no to sharia law and believe that there has to be one law in the land in which they live. We of course totally agree with them and I for one certainly hope that many more moderate Muslims will come out of the "closet" and support this brave group of people

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!