Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: HSIG- AMERICAN MUSLIM GROUP COMMENDS FBI FOR REJECTING CAIR
4/2/2009 8:54:34 AM

Hi Geketa,

Prior to Islam they were all pagans. They are descendents of Ishmael.

Moses's father-in-law was an exception to the rule at the time. All the nations were pagans and believed in idols, the sun, and other symbols.

Shalom,

Peter

P.S. Skype??

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 9:26:32 AM

Hello Geketa and Peter,

Based off what I have found is they practiced the religion of Abraham.  Ishmael was a product of Abraham and Sarah's non belief in the words of God.  They doubted them and came up with a surrogate to bring about the prophecy.  Unfortunately being a servant Haggard had little recourse but to accept the proposal. 

Of course she realized that along with that decision came position and power.  As it often is, God had other plans.

It was Abraham and Sarah's own disbelief or questioning of God, that caused this tale in the first place.  Imagine the effect it had on Ishmael's early childhood and how it molded his life.  Just as drastic as it affects children today.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 9:27:01 AM
Hi again Peter,

Thank you for the info. So I guess it is safe to say the promise given to Ishmael is coming to pass through the Muslims. Scary thought for me and feel free to correct me if I am wrong !

Shalom,
Geketa

P.S. working on getting an uncorrupted download of Skype :(

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 9:43:29 AM
Hi Jim,
I don't mean to split hairs here but it was not Abraham's unbelief but Sarah's she laughed when the angel told Abraham they would have a son and the angel questioned her and she lied and said she did not laugh. It was also Sarah that talked Abraham into taking her servant Haggar as her segregate mother. Unfornately wifes sometimes get their husbands to do things they know might not be the best and than later pay for the mistake. Haggar was after all an Egyptian and we know they were pagan so I am sure she had a lot of influence on her son.

Shalom,
Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2009 10:06:27 AM

Yes it really is splitting hairs and it was as much Abraham's weakness as it was Sarah's. 

Egyptians were Pagans.  Interesting thought and a wonderment that pagans could build such masterful works as the pyramids.  Oh but they were visited by space craft and non earthly beings based off their etchings.  hmmm... makes you think doesn't it?

So where did the Egyptians come from?  And why is/was it OK to enslave pagans to servitude, and impose ones will over them, it seems to go against the grain, doesn't it?

I guess you take the writings and stories as fact or you can question the facts as they are presented.  One of our many gifts given by the creator.  The power of "Reasoning, Choice and Individual Thought"  something many wish to override. 

None of us really need a book to tell us right from wrong now do we?

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!