Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: POLL -PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW ... PERSON OF THE MONTH - POTM OR ........
9/7/2008 2:10:14 AM

Hey JoAnne,

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion.

You raised some very valid points that many are missing or do not completely understand the benefits of participating in the weekly POTW contest and winners thread. The exposure is great in many ways.

I found many new friends that posted here for the first time after joining Adland. If I'm not mistaken you were one of them. If I remember correctly your first post was in the POTW forum and I immediately invited you to be a friend. :) On a personal level I don't "hunt" new members that join adland but wait and see who is active. The bottom line is that those that joined adland for posting ads only aren't potential "anythings" for our business ventures. Just a personal opinion.

Yes, business is down all over the world both on and off line but it's still frustrating to see the low voting stats week after week and even worse the low stats on those that do vote but don't bother to post. What's it take and additional minute??

Your support and friendship is greatly appreciated and we thank you for it.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
9/7/2008 8:53:23 AM

Hello Team,

My vote is in.

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY FAVORITE ADLANDERS, AUNTIE JOYCE AND DEAR PHIL, FOR BEING CHOSEN FOR THE VOTW!

Best wishes,

Luka

+0
9/8/2008 10:48:09 AM

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria, I have voted.  It must be very difficult for you to do this every week because even before one is completed you are working on another one.  Whatever you decide to do is fine with me.  I just remember how honored I was when I made POTW.  Also, I can understand about the picture being there for so long - I don't think I would have wanted that. 

I agree with what a lot of people have stated about it being summer, vacations, hurricanes, and the continuing posting problems that participation is off.  Also, it is getting more difficult to find people to nominate.

Thank you for all the work you do and I will be happy to help in anyway I can.

Blessings,

Sara

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2008 11:27:17 AM

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you folks that have voted and added your views. 

I do want to clarify that Peter, AnaMaria and I, enjoy bringing you all the POTW Awards Forum on a weekly basis and for the most part we are just seeking more participation and nominees for our weekly POTW Awards Poll.

Nominations can be made here http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/28296/ShowForum.aspx

Our Latest POTW Awards Poll and POTW Award Winners can be found here.  http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/5236/ShowForum.aspx

Hope Everyone has a great week!

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2008 12:44:21 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks for coming by and sharing your thoughts with us.

Interesting point you raised in regard to "finding people to nominate". I can assure there are people out there that meet the criteria of the POTW but they aren't in the mainstream of the people we know. Just the same as there are many forums that are worthy of the BFA that many are simply not familiar with. We get stuck in a small circle and we miss out on many other members that just have to be "discovered" and introduced to the POTW and other forums that certainly deserve our support.

I appreciate your support and friendship.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!