Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Can You Imagin. A Unified Advocacy For Autism.
5/2/2008 10:57:30 PM

Greetings Friends

Now here is a terrifying thought with regard to the potential causes of autism. What if genetically modified seeds being used in farming turns out to be an explaination for the rise in autism over the last several years. They are still telling us that it isn't the vaccines so what is it?

This continual process of giving controll over our lives and wellbeing to hugh corporations through back door deals in government offices simply has to stop. We really need people in charge that will use brain function for purposes other than counting money and aquiring power. If it took 50 years to get to the truth about mercury in baby shots how long will it take for the next big lie to be exposed. The experts all agree that there is more to the autism picture than just vaccinations. What if it turns out to be Monsanto in our food chain?

And to read more articles on the Environment, please visit the t r u t h o u t environment page.

Go to Original

Monsanto's Harvest of Fear
    By Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele
    Vanity Fair

May 2008 Issue

Monsanto already dominates America's food chain with its genetically modified seeds. Now it has targeted milk production. Just as frightening as the corporation's tactics - ruthless legal battles against small farmers - is its decades-long history of toxic contamination.

Gary Rinehart clearly remembers the summer day in 2002 when the stranger walked in and issued his threat. Rinehart was behind the counter of the Square Deal, his "old-time country store," as he calls it, on the fading town square of Eagleville, Missouri, a tiny farm community 100 miles north of Kansas City.

The Square Deal is a fixture in Eagleville, a place where farmers and townspeople can go for lightbulbs, greeting cards, hunting gear, ice cream, aspirin, and dozens of other small items without having to drive to a big-box store in Bethany, the county seat, 15 miles down Interstate 35.

Everyone knows Rinehart, who was born and raised in the area and runs one of Eagleville's few surviving businesses. The stranger came up to the counter and asked for him by name.

"Well, that's me," said Rinehart.

As Rinehart would recall, the man began verbally attacking him, saying he had proof that Rinehart had planted Monsanto's genetically modified (G.M.) soybeans in violation of the company's patent. Better come clean and settle with Monsanto, Rinehart says the man told him - or face the consequences.

Rinehart was incredulous, listening to the words as puzzled customers and employees looked on. Like many others in rural America, Rinehart knew of Monsanto's fierce reputation for enforcing its patents and suing anyone who allegedly violated them. But Rinehart wasn't a farmer. He wasn't a seed dealer. He hadn't planted any seeds or sold any seeds. He owned a small - a really small - country store in a town of 350 people. He was angry that somebody could just barge into the store and embarrass him in front of everyone. "It made me and my business look bad," he says. Rinehart says he told the intruder, "You got the wrong guy."

When the stranger persisted, Rinehart showed him the door. On the way out the man kept making threats. Rinehart says he can't remember the exact words, but they were to the effect of: "Monsanto is big. You can't win. We will get you. You will pay."

Scenes like this are playing out in many parts of rural America these days as Monsanto goes after farmers, farmers' co-ops, seed dealers - anyone it suspects may have infringed its patents of genetically modified seeds. As interviews and reams of court documents reveal, Monsanto relies on a shadowy army of private investigators and agents in the American heartland to strike fear into farm country. They fan out into fields and farm towns, where they secretly videotape and photograph farmers, store owners, and co-ops; infiltrate community meetings; and gather information from informants about farming activities. Farmers say that some Monsanto agents pretend to be surveyors. Others confront farmers on their land and try to pressure them to sign papers giving Monsanto access to their private records. Farmers call them the "seed police" and use words such as "Gestapo" and "Mafia" to describe their tactics.

When asked about these practices, Monsanto declined to comment specifically, other than to say that the company is simply protecting its patents. "Monsanto spends more than $2 million a day in research to identify, test, develop and bring to market innovative new seeds and technologies that benefit farmers," Monsanto spokesman Darren Wallis wrote in an e-mailed letter to Vanity Fair. "One tool in protecting this investment is patenting our discoveries and, if necessary, legally defending those patents against those who might choose to infringe upon them." Wallis said that, while the vast majority of farmers and seed dealers follow the licensing agreements, "a tiny fraction" do not, and that Monsanto is obligated to those who do abide by its rules to enforce its patent rights on those who "reap the benefits of the technology without paying for its use." He said only a small number of cases ever go to trial.

Some compare Monsanto's hard-line approach to Microsoft's zealous efforts to protect its software from pirates. At least with Microsoft the buyer of a program can use it over and over again. But farmers who buy Monsanto's seeds can't even do that.

The Control of Nature

For centuries - millennia - farmers have saved seeds from season to season: they planted in the spring, harvested in the fall, then reclaimed and cleaned the seeds over the winter for re-planting the next spring. Monsanto has turned this ancient practice on its head.

Monsanto developed G.M. seeds that would resist its own herbicide, Roundup, offering farmers a convenient way to spray fields with weed killer without affecting crops. Monsanto then patented the seeds. For nearly all of its history the United States Patent and Trademark Office had refused to grant patents on seeds, viewing

Be Sure To Read The rest Of This report.

http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/050208EC.shtml

Sincerely, Billdaddy

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Sheryl Loch

1260 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/3/2008 12:48:47 AM
Hey Bill,
Not sure how much you read from Mike Adams but, he is NOT a Monsanto fan.

He is the owner of NewsTarget.com (now known as NaturalNews.com) - my FAVORITE site in the whole world!!

Here is a search of his site for articles about Monsanto. This should show everyone that this is a real problem. It is not limited to 1 problem or 1 report!!

HERE

Sheryl Loch

+0
Sheryl Loch

1260 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/3/2008 1:02:04 AM
We have a news man here in Las Vegas that does a Kids First report. He focuses on the good things kids do.

He's been doing a report on Autism. They are making a new school here just for some Autistic kids.  It may have a few limitations but, it is great that something might help these kids with a boost in life.

Here is one of his reports - he had a great one on tonight about how well some kids were doing that attended another program but, I do not see it listed yet.

Kendell Tenney's Kids First

Might just brighten your day a bit!! :)

Sheryl Loch

+0
Brad West

221 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/3/2008 2:25:49 AM
Hi Bill,

Just stopped by to see what Sheryl has been talking about. I guess you got her on another tangent. She can usually come up with tons of information on about any subject. She is pretty amazing to live with I can tell you.

I don't have much time to get over here and post i do check my forums and messages once or twice a week. (check the spam). What I am doing is trying to do my part with the revolution. I guess I can understand the spam to an extent. The people that are actually motivated enough to try to work their business have been thought to do what what they do. there is no more getting to know each other and network. I started learning the value of networking in the early 80s when you worked by phone, and walked into peoples living rooms to present what you were doing. there was no choice to get to know people and talk about events that you had come across.

My point I guess from that tangent is people are not only taking the time to network, but read and act on some of the horrific things that our trusted officials are doing to us. The whole mess we have allowed over the years is criminal and we need to do something about it! Like now I don't know if it is too late or not, but I will try my best to do my part.

Sheryl just posted about 120 links to posts just about Monsanto that is just on Mike Adams site How many people besides yourself are going to take the time to read more than one or two posts? I know it is sad!

Enjoy, Hope to chat sometime
Brad West ~ onomoney
Please excuse any errors so tired I can barely see So I may just opt out of proof reading. LOL!

May your prosperity be more abundant than your wants or desires?

Let’s all have fun think big and prosper in every facet of life.

Making Heaps of Money is a Spiritual Experience. The Guild Blog Co-Op Fuzzy Wuzzy Anipals
+0
5/3/2008 9:04:56 AM

Hello Sheryl

I am glad to hear that people are getting together in LasVegas and trying to reach out to these children with autism. I get news feeds and research reports nearly every day about autism and something that I have noticed is that most programs developed for these children are done on the grass roots level.

There is a dire need to get the government, drug companies and insurance companies a little more involved with these programs as well. I find it very odd that insurance companies understand enough about autism to know that they want no part of the costs involved with treatment for these kids. The Government knew enough about autism to know that there would be an onslaught of lawsuites filed claiming damages from vaccines that would have to be litigated and settlements paid to victims. Senator Frist and Friends knew that the drug companies did not want to accept any liability for these damages so they set up funds using tax payer dollars to compensate victims. They also passed laws that relieved the drug makers of any liability for the damades caused by their products.

Isn't it amazing how well the government and the corporate corrupt prepared for something that they claimed didn't even exist.

This is exactly why discussions like this are so important. Truth and knowledge are essential parts of solving any mystery and if we waited for the government and the drug companies to determine and publicize the the truth we would be waiting even longer than we have already. My guess is that we would never hear the real truth. Thank God for those who seek the truth and share it with their fellow man.

Sincerely, Billdaddy

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!