Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Can You Imagin. A Unified Advocacy For Autism.
4/23/2008 12:03:34 PM

Greetings All

As I look through all of the articles that I receive about autism I cannot help feeling mixed emotions. I am truly touched by all of the stories I hear about how people are reaching out and really trying to do something to help the children of autism and their familis. It is amazing how much is accomplished by even small groups of people who join together for this cause.

Then, on the other side of this spectrum, are the people who are seemingly unmoved by the tragedy of autism. So few accomplish so much yet so many do nothing. If a small group of bikers in PA can accomplish what they have, " Can You Imagin " what we, as members of Adlandpro could accomplish being over 70,000 strong. Please let your friends and family know about this forum and join us on our mission to rid the world of autism.

Sincerely, Billdaddy

Ambler bikers will lead hundreds in a parade of motorcycles from Wissahickon High School to Citizens Bank Park April 26.

Hosted by the Lucky Seven Motorcycle Club of Ambler, the second annual "Ride for Autism" held during National Autism Awareness Month will benefit the Center for Autism, a nonprofit autism treatment and evaluation clinic in Philadelphia.
The club, formed in 2004 by active and former local volunteer firefighters, is a nonprofit organization of people who share a passion for motorcycling and participate in charity events throughout the year.
Vice President Steve Love said L7MC is "hoping the local community will come out and support [them]" as they ride from Dager Road to Bethlehem Pike, to Butler Pike, through Plymouth Meeting and Conshohocken, and onto the Schuylkill Expressway, to the Philadelphia Phillies' home stadium.
Love said of all the area motorcycle clubs L7MC networks with, theirs is the first major ride of the year.
Last year they rode in April snow, Love said, and still had 100 riders. Assuming temperatures will not be under the freezing mark this year, he said the club expects a larger turnout.
Club members have attended Philadelphia sporting events to pass out info about the ride and accept donations. According to Love, they've collected $7,000 before they even hit the road.
The recipient of these funds, the Center for Autism, is the oldest specialized autism center in the nation.
"We're unique in the sense that we serve children who are below the poverty line," Executive Director Jean Ruttenberg said, calling the center "one of few community-based urban programs in the country."
The largest of the center's "broad range of programs" is a special education day program for children ages 18 months to 6 years old.
A social competency program serves 7- to 17-year-olds a few times a week after school, and deals with interaction, communication, ritualized behaviors and social change, she said.
"A child with autism can have a very high IQ but also a huge deficit in the communication area."
The second largest diagnostic center to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, the center also provides training and consultation to school districts, counties and rehabilitation centers throughout the Delaware Valley, and over the years has influenced autism advocacy decisions.
The club's inaugural Ride for Autism last April raised about $9,000 for the center.
Ruttenberg said there are "so many things kids need," like specialty equipment for everything from occupational therapy to the playground.
"Those dollars directly find themselves to the children and their families."
Private funds donated this year will help the center move into new headquarters on Ford Road in Philadelphia.
Ruttenberg said the center's current location on Conshohocken Avenue will serve as a satellite site "because of the amount of children who need to be served."
"The new site will allow us to triple our evaluation service, which is critical," she continued, "because sometimes the waiting list to get diagnosed is up to 12 months."
And children with autism cannot receive treatment until they are diagnosed.
As the word about autism gets out, Ruttenberg said clubs like L7MC become "more aware of the need [for autism support]."
"And there is a tremendous need."
Registration/check-in at WHS will start at 8:30 a.m. The ride will kick off at 11 a.m.
An award ceremony with a lunch buffet and DJ entertainment will welcome riders to the park at noon. Bikers park on Citizens Parkway and everyone else can park in Lot P off Darien Street.
Immediately following, the L7MC will host the official Ride for Autism post-party at McFadden's at Citizens Bank Park until 4 p.m.
Rain date is April 27.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19508787&BRD=1306&PAG=461&dept_id=187829&rfi=6
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
4/24/2008 2:21:27 PM

Greetings All

All of the parents of autistic children who are claiming that their children are suffering because of vaccinations are not making it all up or just imagining it. There is no question that vaccines are at least partly responsible for autism. We have been lied to by our government, the pharmaceutical companies and even the CDC. It is time to put an end to this terrible miscarriage of justice. It will take a concerted effort on the part all citizens if this kind of injustice is ever going to be defeated. Please get involved with this advocacy for autism. Now is the time to persue this issue. The truth is trickling out but the propaganda machine is working hard to conceal it all. The families injured by vaccines deserve justice and they will never get it without our help. Please do what you can to help us conquer this madness.

ACTION ALERT
Nassau County, New York to Hold Unprecedented Vaccine
Injury Press Conference and Hearings, Monday, April 28, 2008

Parents, family members, and friends, please read the following news release from the Nassau County Legislature.  The press conference, which starts at noon, will be a unique opportunity to further the public’s awareness of vaccine injuries including the development of autism.

David Kirby will be making a statement at the press conference. David plans to address the fact that the case chosen to replace Hannah Poling’s case involved a Long Island family and was also withdrawn because of issues related to mitochondrial dysfunction.

Following the press conference, parents can also attend the hearings starting at 1:40. Time has been set aside for public comments during the hearings. Please pass this information along to anyone you know who might be able to attend, and also to any media contacts you have. We need to make the most of both the press conference and hearings on behalf of our injured children.

NASSAU COUNTY TO BECOME FIRST MUNICIPALITY IN THE NATION TO HEAR CONCERNS ABOUT SAFETY OF VACCINES AND ITS LINK TO AUTISM BY PARENTS. SPECIAL PRESS CONFERENCE MONDAY APRIL 28, 2008.

NASSAU COUNTY LEGISLATURE COMMITTEE ON HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES CHAIRMAN DAVE MEJIAS AND NEW YORK STATE ASSEMBLYMAN HARVEY WEISENBERG, AS WELL AS OTHER HEALTH OFFICIALS WILL HOLD A SPECIAL NEWS CONFERENCE ON APRIL 28, 2008 at 12 NOON WITH HUNDREDS OF PARENTS CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF VACCINES AND ITS LINK TO AUTISM.  THE PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH AUTISM WILL BE SPEAKING AT LEGISLATURE’S HEALTH COMMITTEE LATER THAT DAY.  THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN THE NATION THAT A MUNICIPALITY HAS HAD THIS CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC ADDRESSED AT ITS HEALTH COMMITTEE.  

THERE ARE ABOUT 5,000 LAWSUITS AGAINST THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BY PARENTS CLAIMING THAT, AS A RESULT OF VACCINES, THEIR CHILDREN DEVELOPED AUTISM. OTHER MEMBERS OF THE LEGISLATURE WILL BE ATTENDING THE PRESS CONFERENCE AND HEARING.

WHERE: NASSAU COUNTY LEGISLATURE BUILDING
WHEN: APRIL 28, 2008 at 12 NOON
1550 FRANKLIN AVE,
2ND FLOOR  
MINEOLA, NY

Think Autism. Think Cure.

Sincerely, Billdaddy

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
4/24/2008 2:23:15 PM

Join Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey
at the Green Our Vaccines Rally
June 4th in Washington, DC

Click here for a personal invitation from Jenny!

Visit www.tacanow.org for rally information
and to register online today!

Need a sign to carry at the rally?
Check out these great designs that you can download and print!

http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/rallysigns.php

NAA is a proud supporter of the Green Our Vaccines Rally!
We hope to see you all in DC!

Think Autism. Think Cure. ®

+0
4/25/2008 1:28:58 PM

Greetings All

I am very confused about the poor response that I am getting to this forum. This is the most important and most worthy of any causes that I have ever supported and yet, I am getting less response here than on even my political forums. Is it the notification system. I would rather think that than that there just isn't enough interest in the topic. Millions of people have been adversly affected by autism and we have a chance to really make a difference in peoples lives. Yet, I get almost no response.

Now we have even more reason to press on for the removal of Janet Gerberding a ling. While the truth is finally coming out and the opportunity to improve the lives of millions of people is at our finger tips, this lady has gone into damage controll mode and is still promoting the idea that injecting our children with toxic waste is a good idea. Remember this Janet Gerberding a ling. Amish children do not get vaccinated and Amish children do not get autism.

“The unexpected withdrawal of two test cases in a row – both because of their apparent mitochondrial underpinnings – is sure to have larger ramifications in the Court of Federal Claims, as well as the much larger court of public opinion.”

The Next Hannah Poling
by David Kirby
http://spectrumpublications.com/index.php/Spectrum-Magazine-Category/next-hannah-poling.html

hannah_poling.jpg

In February, I leaked news of the Federal government’s admission that vaccines had triggered autism in a little girl named Hannah Poling. The stunning revelation, though still reverberating around the world, was roundly downplayed by US officials, who insisted that Hannah had an extremely rare, genetic case of “aggravated” mitochondrial disorder, with zero bearing on other autism cases.

Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), rushed to the airwaves, exhorting parents to adhere to the nation’s intensive and virtually mandatory immunization schedule, and brushing off their legitimate anxieties by saying: “We've got to set aside this very isolated, unusual situation.”

Well, the days of setting aside are over: Hannah Poling is neither isolated nor unusual.

In fact, the boy who was selected to replace Hannah Poling as the first-ever thimerosal “test case” in so-called Vaccine Court, has just been found with many of the same unusual metabolic markers as . . you guessed it, Hannah Poling.

Hannah’s case was scheduled to be heard in Federal Claims Court on May 12 -- as one of three “test cases” of the theory that thimerosal (a mercury-based vaccine preservative) can cause autism.

Test cases will help address general causation issues in all 4,900 autism claims now pending in Vaccine Court. But following the government concession, Hannah was withdrawn as the first test case of the thimerosal theory, and attorneys scrambled to find a replacement: a young boy from New York.

Last week, however, the court announced that the replacement thimerosal test case was also being withdrawn, in order to “proceed to an individual hearing on a different theory of causation.”

That theory, which applies to Hannah as well, maintains that children with dysfunctional mitochondria (the little batteries within each cell that convert food into energy) are susceptible to autistic regression, triggered by a vaccine-induced overtaxing of the immune system.

“We want to pursue an additional theory, not a different theory,” the boy’s father told me. “We are by no means abandoning the thimerosal theory of causation but, in the context of the test case, the thimerosal theory would have eclipsed our other evidence, including evidence of metabolic dysfunction,” such as impaired mitchondria and low cellular energy.

Following the Poling concession, he said, “I saw right away that we needed to pursue the mitochondrial theory,”but the lead attorneys did not see it that way. “Perhaps they did not properly understand the concession, and believed the finding was of a rare, genetically caused mitochondrial disorder,” as the government contends. “I think they rightly want to keep clear focus on thimerosal in the test case, and not muddy the presentation with other theories.”

The court’s test case process is unusual and unwieldy. “They limit the cases to one theory at a time, when the theories are not mutually exclusive,” the father said. “For example, thimerosal could cause, contribute to, or aggravate mitochondrial dysfunction. These cases can't be wrapped into neat little packages.”

The unexpected withdrawal of two test cases in a row – both because of their apparent mitochondrial underpinnings – is sure to have larger ramifications in the Court of Federal Claims, as well as the much larger court of public opinion.

A new, additional theory of causation is about to be introduced in Vaccine Court: Vaccines can trigger a chain of events in children with mitochondrial dysfunction that causes autism.

But the US Government now has a major quandary to deal with. Federal officials already conceded that, far from being “theoretical,” this chain of events already happened to Hannah Poling. This will make it difficult, if not impossible, to argue against compensating the boy from New York, when compensating a nearly identical case – Hannah Poling – was already deemed appropriate.

Some estimates of mitochondrial dysfunction in children with autism range as high as 20%-30%. But among the regressive subset of cases (virtually all of the claims in Vaccine Court) up to half of the children might show signs of it.

No one knows how many of those families will pursue a similar strategy of individual hearings on causation, based on the mitochondrial concession in the Poling case. But my guess is that there could be hundreds of them, following in the precedent of this case’s footsteps. The legal ramifications, inside Vaccine Court and throughout the judicial system, remain incalculable at this point.

Still, when the American public finds out that the exceedingly “rare” Poling case was replaced by what is shaping up to be yet another exceedingly rare case – they will follow the lead of all three presidential candidates and finally reject the tired mantra that, “there is no link” between vaccines and autism.

Then perhaps will end, “One of the most vitriolic debates in medical history,” as it is called by Dr. Bernadine Healy, former head of the NIH and the Red Cross. “At some level,” she said, the Poling case “was a vindication for families,” adding that, “vaccines as a trigger carry a ring of both historical and biological plausibility.”

The government is currently examining the national vaccine schedule to see if we are, perhaps, immunizing children too early and too often (and with too much thimerosal from the flu shot).

I personally thought that one Hannah Poling emerging out of Vaccine Court would be enough to change the way we vaccinate in this country. But now we have two. And there are many more Hannah’s out there, waiting to be counted.

Think Autism. Think Cure.

+0
4/27/2008 1:11:06 AM

Greetings All

A dear friend of ours here in Adlandpro has begun a forum discussing the safety of vaccines. Her name is Sheryl and she too is very dedicated to getting the truth out about the dangers of vaccinating our children.

It is our hope to reach as many people in this community as we can with this information. Our forums are not meant to alarm people or just increase hits on our pages. We only want to share information that we have gathered that may help some people make a more informed decision about vaccinating their children. Please help us spread the word by forwarding our links to your friends and family. Autism is occuring in epidemic proportions around the world and we believe that much more has to be done and can be done to prevent this modern day tragedy. Thank You for your interest and support.

If you missed
the call with Mary Tocco on Vaccination Safety, you can hear the recording at  FreedomForce.org
Look in the ANNOUNCEMENT section. You will see the a link to The
shocking truth about vaccines; A presentation by vaccines expert, Mary Tocco,
added to Issues section
. It will soon have a permanent spot once it is edited for sound quality.

This was a GREAT call I am sure you will want to listen in. I was on the call & just about had a cow with some of the ingredients in these vaccines that I had no idea about. These are things that I would have told my kids to NEVER touch little lone inject.

Here is the link to Sheryl's forum on autism and vaccinations.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/994064/2/ShowThread.aspx

Sincerely, Billdaddy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!