Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Can You Imagin. A Unified Advocacy For Autism.
5/12/2008 6:58:27 PM

CBS News Video Link

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/12/cbsnews_investigates/main4086809.shtml

In an exclusive interview, former NIH Director Dr. Bernadine Healy tells CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson that the question of a link between vaccines and autism is still open for debate.

CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson wrote this story for cbsnews.com.

Today, a second round of autism test cases begins in federal vaccine court. Tonight on the CBS Evening News, we'll have exclusive interviews with the two families who are bringing the cases: two of nearly 5,000 autism cases that have been filed in this special court. The government and many scientists have consistently maintained for more than a decade that there is no link between vaccines and autism. The Institute of Medicine issued a report in 2004 that was intended to put the controversy to rest, saying that the weight of the body of scientific evidence does not show a causal link between vaccines and autism. However, other scientists and parents disagree.

For our report, we interviewed Dr. Bernadine Healy, the former head of the National Institutes of Health and a member of the Institute of Medicine who breaks with her colleagues in this exclusive CBS News interview: Dr. Healy says the government has been too quick to dismiss the possibility of a vaccine-autism link, and that it should be explored with renewed vigor.

Think Autism. Think Cure.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
5/14/2008 10:32:41 PM

Hello Vel and Friends

This post is to inform some who may not know the importance of not typing in the subject line when replying to an existing forum thread.

Vel, I know you meant no harm but you changed the whole topic of my forum here when you typed

" financial problems? No cost solution " in the subject line in your response to my autism advocacy forum. Your new title is what appeared on all notifications to my forum so people did not even know that the topic was autism.

Everybody Please, be careful not to change topics in other people's forums. Leave the forum titles as they were presented by the forum owner.

Sincerely, Billdaddy

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/15/2008 7:56:17 PM

Sorry about that, it was an accident - my new mouse slips sometimes and usually deletes things I put in.  Sometimes though I wind up clicking the wrong button.  It is specially decigned for my hand so have to get used to it.

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0
5/16/2008 11:29:57 AM

Hello Vel

I hated deleting your post because I felt that what you had to say was very important. I welcome you to repost you comments so people can read what you had to say.

Part of my reply to your post was about how the drug makers and some corrupt politicians like Senator Bill Frist have conspired to deceive the public about the link between vaccines and autism. If these actions were taken anywhere but in congress it would be called bribery and extortion.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is no stranger to the thimerosal debate, having received $873,000 in contributions from the pharmaceutical industry and $10,000 from Eli Lilly. Frist's position allowed him to attempt to help the industry from the inside, according to Kennedy. Kennedy reports that on five occasions, Frist tried to seal the government's vaccine-related documents and shield Eli Lilly from subpoenas. Frist also introduced a provision in the 2005 Senate Bill S-3 called the "Protecting America in the War on Terror Act," that would effectively insulate the pharmaceutical industry from liability for thimerosal poisoning. Pharmaceutical manufacturers, including Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, Aventis, Weyeth and Eli Lilly, can basically get off scot-free for their actions, even as more and more evidence suggests that top company officials were aware of the possible dangers and did nothing.

A secret memo leaked to the Los Angeles Times reportedly implicates one vaccine manufacturer, Merck & Co., for knowing that thimerosal could pose serious threats to infants. Allegedly, Dr. Maurice Hilleman, one of Merck's top scientists, warned the president of Merck of a possible threat as early as 1991. Dr. Hilleman told executives that six-month-old children receiving regular immunizations frequently received mercury doses 87 times higher than guidelines for the maximum consumption of mercury. Given today's more prudent mercury standards, those thimerosal doses would be 400 times that of safe levels. Dr. Hilleman recommended in the memo that thimerosal be discontinued.

Not only do government and industry officials seem to be trying to downplay the possible harms of thimerosal; the media is also denying the issue coverage. Just recently, ABC flip-flopped on whether it will air interviews with Robert Kennedy Jr., a leading critic of thimerosal. ABC has been accused of suppressing the interviews because of its ties to the pharmaceutical industry.

PLease Read The Entire Report At The Following Link

http://www.naturalnews.com/011764.html

Sincerely, Billdaddy

+0
5/19/2008 7:55:19 AM

Greetings All

If we have to depend on private research in order to get the truth about the dangers of vaccines and other drugs, then what do we need the CDC for?. What is it that makes the drug companies so willing to hand over money to people like Senator Bill Frist? In the real world this would be referred to as bribery and extortion. What do they call it congress? Lobbying. Corporations pay members of congress for protection from prosecution and to get laws passed that serve the needs of the corporately corrupt.

This is why we need to stand together and fight against this type of governing. If you are reading this forum, please help us fight against those who are willing to hurt our children for the sake of profit. Please spread the word about this forum and ask your friends and family to support this cause. There aren't enough victims of autism to win this battle on their own,,,,,,,,yet. They still need our help.

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release:
March 19, 2008

Rita Shreffler, NAA (Nixa, MO) 401-632-6452
Wendy Fournier, NAA (Portsmouth, RI) 401-835-5828

INFANT PRIMATES GIVEN VACCINES ON U.S. CHILDREN’S IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE DEVELOP BIOMEDICAL AND BEHAVIORAL SYMPTOMS OF AUTISM

GROUNDBREAKING RESEARCH PROVIDES EVEN MORE SCIENCE SUPPORTING THE THEORY THAT VACCINES CAN AND DO CAUSE AUTISM

Nixa, MO – A primate model for autism using the U.S. children’s immunization schedule was unveiled at the International Meeting For Autism Research (IMFAR) this weekend. The research underscores the critical need for studies into vaccine safety and the immune and mitochondrial dysfunction of autistic children. The National Autism Association (NAA) questions why the government hasn’t undertaken these vital studies and why researchers have had to depend on private money to perform this critical science that will surely impact the health of millions of children worldwide.

Using infant macaque monkeys, University of Pittsburgh’s Dr. Laura Hewitson, Ph.D., described how vaccinated animals, when compared to unvaccinated animals, showed significant neurodevelopmental deficits and “significant associations between specific aberrant social and non-social behaviors, isotope binding, and vaccine exposure.”

Researchers also reported, "vaccinated animals exhibited progressively severe chronic active inflammation whereas unexposed animals did not” and found “many significant differences in the GI tissue gene expression profiles between vaccinated and unvaccinated animals." Gastrointestinal issues are a common symptom of children with regressive autism.

NAA calls for the NIH to conduct large scale, non-epidemiological studies into the biomedical symptoms surrounding young children and all vaccines, including those containing the mercury-based preservative thimerosal and other additives like aluminum.

This request for further research echoes that of Dr. Bernadine Healy, Former NIH Director in a CBS interview earlier this week. "I think public health officials have been too quick to dismiss the hypothesis as 'irrational,' without sufficient studies of causation. . . without studying the population that got sick," Healy said. "I have not seen major studies that focus on 300 kids who got autistic symptoms within a period of a few weeks of the vaccines."

Recently the government’s vaccine court conceded the case of Hannah Poling, admitting that vaccines triggered her regression into autism by exacerbating mitochondrial dysfunction. “The recent Poling case and this new research provide further evidence that the CDC has fallen down on their job to protect children from harm. The biomedical research to date suggests that parental reports of regression following vaccination is not only plausible, but likely in certain individuals,” said Scott Bono, NAA Chairman. "To date, the CDC has conducted no safety testing on the possible harmful effects of simultaneously administering multiple vaccines to infants, and has steadfastly refused to state a preference for mercury-free vaccines to be given to children and pregnant women. It's time for HHS and Congress to step in and take vaccine safety away from the CDC."

On June 4th, parents of vaccine-injured children will rally for toxin-free immunizations in Washington, DC. For more information about the “Green Our Vaccines” rally or the new primate study visit www.nationalautism.org.

-30-

Think Autism. Think Cure.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!