Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Today is the Pancake week!
3/11/2008 5:45:22 PM

Hi Len! 

Thanks

for interesig facts

about Marple syrup

Maple syrup can be produced from Sugar Maples, but in Russia are growing Norway Maples,

As I readed from Wikipedia,

Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_saccharum

Acer saccharum (Sugar Maple) is a species of maple native to the hardwood forests of northeastern North America, from Nova Scotia west to southern Ontario, and south to Georgia and Texas.[1]

Autumn Color Change

Norway maple, (Acer platanoides).

Acer platanoides (Norway Maple) is a species of maple native to eastern and central Europe and southwest Asia, from France east to Russia, north to southern Scandinavia and southeast to northern Iran.[1] [2]

Изображение:Maple-oliv2.jpg

In Russia we drink sap from Bich

Image:Betula pendula 001.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch_sap

Birch sap is the sap extracted from a birch tree, such as a North American Sweet Birch or a Silver Birch. The sap is often a slightly sweet, watery liquid.

Birch sap must be collected during a specific time in the summer, depending on the species. The collected sap can be drunk as a tonic and it is a traditional beverage in Belarus (Belarusian: Бярозавы сок / biarozavy sok), Ukraine, Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland and elsewhere in Northern Europe as well as parts of northern China. Birch sap can also be used as an ingredient in food or drinks, such as (birch beer) or wintergreen flavored candy.

Birch sap can also be made into a Birch Sap Wine as is one company in Canada in doing. Sap World Co. Ltd, has produced a sweeten Organic wine, similar to that of Ice wines. They have also developed a Birch Vodka, Birch Soju , and are developing Birch Juices.

Concentrated birch sap is used to make birch syrup, a very expensive type of syrup mainly made from Paper Birch in Alaska, and from several species in Russia and Ukraine. In Russia this tonic is used as a traditional herbal medicine functioning as antiseptic, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-itching treatment.

Other uses for the sap include vinegar.

+2
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2008 6:08:31 PM

Len, listen to Russian song about Birches

((youtube id="G2dNF9fu7qM"))((/youtube))

+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2008 6:18:23 PM

Heeeeeeeeey Adelina!

((youtube id="GuP2svZx-7Q"))((/youtube))

+2
3/12/2008 1:02:36 AM

Wow , Lidya ! I'm so sorry I couldn't see your video but I found something very nice . Just look :

and the pancakes ofcourse !

Love and hugs !

+1
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/12/2008 12:58:08 PM

Hi Lydia
That was great song even if I did not understand the words. :)
I love birch trees especially the white birch, but they are all beautiful. I just love trees period. lol

Have a wonderful day!
Len  

Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!