Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Today is the Pancake week!
3/9/2008 12:58:52 AM

Today is the last day of the Pancake week! I wait You on pancakes!

Масленица! Жду на блины!

Масленица 2008 - Великий пост

Масленица – Pancake week - a holiday of pancakes and other Russian-national medicines. Well and if it is serious, that, a pancake week - the slavic holiday, got to us in the inheritance from the pagan culture, kept and after acceptance of christianity. The pancake week is necessary for a week previous the Great post. The pancake week is, first of all, plentiful and nourishing food, and also round dances, songs, dancings, games.

In a traditional life always was considered, that the person who has lead Pancake Week badly and boringly, it will be unlucky within all year.

So drink, eat, cheerfully see off winter, burn down a scarecrow and be happy!!!

By the way, whether you know, what today, Feb, 26th, 2012 is the day when it is easy to stop to smoke?

It is necessary to leave tonight on a table an empty pack from cigarettes, on it - an empty box from matches and a note: " I do not smoke! ".

And tomorrow, on Feb, 27th, 2012 - you will not want to smoke any more! The maximum forces will help!

+2
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Re: Today is the Pancake week!
3/9/2008 1:40:10 PM

+1
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2008 1:42:39 PM
Hi Lydia,

Pancake week?  Wow!  Pancakes are very popular here and are made in so many different ways.  One of my favorites is Pecan Pancakes.  

This should be an interesting celebration!

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+1
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2008 1:53:48 PM
Lydia,  your post here sent me off on a tangent looking for the histories of pancakes.  I found this one that I would like to share with you.  I hope others will post more for it is an interesting subject indeed.

The Pancake: An Appreciation  READ HERE.
It even mentions the BLINI!

Thank you for this great topic!

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+1
Sarka Ksandrova

827 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/9/2008 2:18:42 PM
Thank you Lidia. Is great to know about.
Success!

:)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!