Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Second Coming of Christ and the Millenium...Part II
1/26/2008 11:58:51 AM

Dear friend James

I have read all the Biblical verses which you presented recently. I am sure they are all containing precious knowledge. But they can be understood in more than one way.

I want to be positive. I am assured of thy warm and spiritual heart, loving Christ,loving God, which is the main object of our religious belief. But suppose the "emptied earth" where" nobody" was to be  seen in that vision, means something else, than what you say.

When it is said there was nobody on earth,  it could mean, according to my understanding, that no  spiritual soul was there, that is, all who were there were spiritually dead and therefore as nothing, when compared to believers. How about that? James.In this sense one can say there was nobody, this is what I understand.. And... why not?
You see, it is completely impossible for people of today, well schooled in history and science, geology , etc,  to grasp that the earth would be without people unless this is a vision of very ancient times when earth was but filled with cooling minerals--- or   were only inhabited by heathen people or evil people, unbelievers, and therefore to be counted  as nothing . People counted as dead and as nothing, compared to  spiritually awakened persons.

There are many strange wordings in the Bible.
Compare with this saying  by Jesus :Let the dead bury their dead. What a strange language, if not understood spiritually:. Let the spiritually dead, bury their spiritually dead ones.

Also other very odd things can be read in the Bible: "People will  look for death, but they will not find it". I do not remember from where this is, but it is in the old Testament, I believe. What could this mean. What do you think?

May I make a suggestion? I believe that these prophetic words mean this: people will not know how to die from the world and live in the Spirit. That is the death desired, but since the faith in peoples breasts is without spirit they can not find it, =the way to die in the correct way, so they are looking for it.

By this I am showing that there will always be different opinions. It seems this is the way of God. It is worth pondering upon, why.
In spite of the differences, we have all the chances to  be  good friends and treat each other with great appreciation and care. We are all children of God, He loves us all, therefore we shall love each other.
This is the deepest meaning of religion for me.

Bye
Greetings from
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2008 1:46:30 PM

Thank you James for the invite, I see a mis-representive of God is present yet again, I call him the Old Testiment cowboy, Lol,  Isrealites? Have we crossed over into new life, helloo and it is through Jesus and not God, the only way to get to God Mr. is through Jesus.  And since God gave us Jesus to show us he is real, there for God is a real Person. Mattew 12:31-33; John 14:26; Acts 5:3; 7:51; 13:2; Romans 8:14,26-27; 2 corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Timothy 4:1.  One other thing I like to mention is that Jesus is eternal, a part of the triune God (Isaiah 9:6-7; Jeremiah 23:5-6; 2 Peter 1:1; 1 John 5:20). 

Sorry James but I have to defend my Rabbi and these mis-consemptions will not do nor are truthful. Walking is what I do best and not just doing the talking. God_bless you Guys. God I am with you always! :) Thanks for the quiet time James!

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2008 3:12:29 PM

Laila, the Bible is unique, in that every time one reads a scripture, they learn something new from it, and I am no exception. When I bring up a topic, I try to back it up with Bible texts. I know there are some who refuse to do that, and for what reason, I cannot confirm, other than, they try to interpret the word on their own with nothing to back it up. We can ask all the questions we want, and we can let our minds wander into aimlessness, just like getting lost in cyberspace, if you know what I mean.

When it comes to your question: "When it is said there was nobody on earth,  it could mean, according to my understanding, that no  spiritual soul was there, that is, all who were there were spiritually dead and therefore as nothing, when compared to believers. How about that? James. In this sense one can say there was nobody, this is what I understand.. And... why not?"

Jeremiah 4:23-27  This text is refering to the time of the 1000 years or the millenium which takes place after the second coming of Christ, when the righteous are translated to heaven, and the unrighteous remain buried in the ground. There are more texts relating to this, but I don't have the time to find them for you right now. And no, there will not be one living creature on this earth during the 1000 years, except the devil which will be placed in a bottomless pit and sealed by an angel of God. There will be no one for him to tempt during this time. Look over the texts I provided in this portion of the study and you will see what I am talking about.

It's interesting to note that you would bring up the statement about "let the dead bury their own dead, statement made by Christ in Matthew 8:21-22. I was just listening to a bible study this morning on this very topic. In those days, and this is according to Greek/Hebrew origin,  what the disciple was referring to was to go take care of his father in his later years. His father was not even dead yet. He wanted to settle the inheritance, and gather everything together before his passing. And the statement Christ made in reference to this philosophy, was to let the (unrighteous) dead, bury their own. For those of us who have not studied Greek or Hebrew, there are a lot of misconceptions that could take place, and this is one of them.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2008 3:15:40 PM
Hey Thomas, sometimes it's good to let our feelings out in the open. Thanks for sharing, and I looked at each one of the texts you provided.
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2008 6:02:11 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!