Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Second Coming of Christ and the Millenium...Part II
1/29/2008 3:49:08 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2008 7:21:36 PM

Terry, well, you've done it again. Your post is very lengthy. Why don't you shorten your posts? I don't have all day to read your post and then respond in a positive manner after what you say about me.

There are numerous websites stating that JW's are a cult. I really don't want to get into that, as I respect all peoples views as much as possible. That's why I created this forum, was so we all could share different views. The problem with you Terry, is that you misinterpret what I say, and maybe I am guilty of the same. It may not be intentional, and if I have said something to offend you, I apologize. I don't believe you can do that. Maybe you are man enough, we'll see. It takes a true man to apologize.

With that being said, I wish to share  some things here about Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't intend to cut you down, but I have heard this before, and this is not the first place I've seen it. What is said here, are not my words, so don't hold it against me:

------------------------------

Question: "Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses and what are their beliefs?"

Answer:
The sect known today as the Jehovah's Witnesses started out in Pennsylvania in 1870, as a Bible class started by Charles Taze Russell. Russell named his group the "Millennial Dawn Bible Study." Charles T. Russell began writing a series of books he called "The Millennial Dawn," which stretched to six volumes before his death and contained much of the theology Jehovah’s Witnesses now hold. After Russell's death in 1916, Judge J. F. Rutherford, Russell's friend and successor, wrote the seventh and final volume of the "Millennial Dawn" series, "The Finished Mystery," in 1917. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was founded in 1886 and quickly became the vehicle through which the "Millennial Dawn" movement began distributing their views to others. The group was known as the “Russellites” until 1931 when, due to a split in the organization, it was renamed the “Jehovah’s Witnesses.” The group from which it split became known as the “Bible students.”

What do Jehovah’s Witnesses believe? Close scrutiny of their doctrinal position on such subjects as the Deity of Jesus, Salvation, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, the Atonement, etc., shows beyond a doubt that they do not hold to orthodox Christian positions on these subjects. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, the highest created being. This contradicts many Scriptures which clearly declare Jesus to be God (John 1:1,14; 8:58; 10:30). Jehovah’s Witnesses believe salvation is obtained by a combination of faith, good works, and obedience. This contradicts countless Scriptures which declare salvation to be received by faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Trinity, believing Jesus to be a created being and the Holy Spirit to essentially be the power of God. Jehovah’s Witnesses hold to a ransom theory of the atonement, in which Jesus' death paid only for what mankind lost when Adam sinned - namely, the right to perfect life on earth. Thus, they believe in a faith + works arrangement, where sin and death are freely atoned for by Christ, but physical perfection is attained through personal effort, coupled with faith in Christ.

How do the Jehovah’s Witnesses justify these unbiblical doctrines? (1) They claim that the church has, over the centuries, corrupted the Bible, and (2) They have re-translated the Bible in what they call the New World Translation. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society altered the text of the Bible to make it fit their false doctrine – rather than basing their doctrine on what the Bible teaches. The New World Translation has gone through numerous editions, as the Jehovah’s Witnesses discover more and more Scriptures that contradict their doctrines.

Jehovah's Witnesses are readily shown to be a cult that is only loosely based upon Scripture. The Watchtower bases its beliefs and doctrines on the original and expanded teachings of Charles Taze Russell, Judge Joseph Franklin Rutherford, and their successors. The Governing Body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the only body in the cult that claims authority to interpret Scripture. In other words, what the Governing Body says concerning any Scriptural passage is viewed as the last word, and independent thinking is strongly discouraged. This is in direct opposition of Paul's admonition to Timothy (and to us as well) to study to show yourself approved of God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of God. This admonition, found in 2 Timothy 2:15, is a clear instruction from God to each of His individual children in the Body of Christ to be like the Berean Christians and search the Scriptures daily to see if the things they are being taught line up with what His Word has to say on the subject.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses should be commended for their “evangelistic efforts.” There is probably no religious group that is more faithful than the Jehovah’s Witnesses at getting their message out. Unfortunately, the message is full of distortions, deceptions, and false doctrine. May God open the eyes of the Jehovah’s Witnesses to the truth of the Gospel and the true teaching of God’s Word.

This was taken from here:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jehovahs-Witnesses.html

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2008 7:22:37 PM
Nick, thanks for sharing this inspiration my friend!  Bless you!
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2008 7:40:48 PM

Laila, there are three primary means whereby God communicates to us. Number one is through His Word, the Bible. Number two is through the Holy Spirit, and the still small voice inside you when you do something you are not supposed to be doing, and the third way He communicates with us is through nature. We need to spend time alone with God in nature, so He can speak to us without distraction. Often times I will go hiking up in the mountains nearby, and I usually go alone. When I hear the wind whistling through the pine trees, or I hear the birds singing, that's when God speaks to my soul, and if I am in a position where I can hear, He usually tells me something or gives me an idea that will make me a better person. I also listen to hear Him speak to me as I walk along the beach and hear the waves crashing onto shore. I also listen to the still small voice when I am in the cockpit at 43000 ft at night, when I can look up into the starry night, and see the constellations out there, or during the daytime sometimes I can look down on a thunderstorm and it's spectacular view from above. I feel a little closer to God when I am flying!

So what you say is mostly correct, concerning figurative speach. Allow me to say this, I am not a preacher, I am not a counselor, I am a lowly pilot, and it is my goal to spread the gospel, as is His command. If I have touched one soul by this forum, then it is worth my while.

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2008 7:43:16 PM
Sorry James for Terrys actions, as a supposedly "Christian" which he is clearly not, he his a Jehovah's witness and not a true Christian, what he writes has no meaning to what Jesus wants us all to do. Therefore Terry has been judged. I pray for you Terry, wheres your compassion for man when all you do is stir up trouble with mis-conseptions and mis-guided reteric. I can come up with numerious excuses to make my point that seems right to me all day long but what is that going to do to help me walk closer with my Rabbi? not a darn thing! Teach me something Terry? Thanks again James for making us aware of God and his word. Keep that Faith!!
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!