Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE RETURNS - FIRST EDITION
1/1/2008 1:25:45 PM
Hi Luella,

I first heard of Benazir while walking past a TV that had the Sean Hannity show on and there she was being interviewed.  She was informing Sean that the other person's translator was not saying what that person was saying.  It got my attention and I just fell in love with her passion for the truth and her love for her fellow Pakistanians.  Prime Minister Bhutto, too me was the most courageous women I have ever read about.  Imagine being the first female Prime Minister in any Islamic country!  I would imagine that she had to live with many scary death threats eac day.  She was just trying to bring some modernization to a country she loved dearly.... it was for the people!

Even though they managed to kill her, there will be other courageous followers appear. 

Thank you!

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 1:39:57 PM

Hi Luella.  What a tribute to Prime Minister Bhutto who was gunned down!  Thank you for posting her awesome story and beautiful photo. I am so sorry for her Pakistani people and offer my prayers that peace will come back to this country.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 3:20:57 PM
Hello Luella,

Happy New Year and best success to your forum "Women of Courage"

The tragic fact of Benazir Bhutto killing was the idea to bring her in your forum and you did well. I admired that woman since she was a Prime Minister in her country for the first time and I had read a lot of articles about her, her personality, her dreams for her country or the problems with his husband financial scandals. But she was a great woman and for sure a woman of courage in a country where women don't have equal rights with men. This makes her most respectable. Isn't it remarkable that women, ex or present Prime Ministers in that area of the world, usually are been killed?

I wish people in Pakistan will soon have the peace they deserve and Benazir Bhutto has not been killed for nothing.

Dimitra

+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 5:59:03 PM

Dear Luella,

The Phoenix has risen........Welcome back and thank you for your tribute to Benazir Bhutto, a shining light .

2007 was a 9 nine year, which is about endings, releasing what doesn't serve a purpose in our evolution anymore, no more apathy and waiting for someone to 'fix things' for us.

Benazir Bhutto's sacrifice and gift will add to the growing consciousness that humanity is tired of the insanity. There are light bulbs turning on all across the globe, and people looking for a way to contribute to creating a peaceful world. Like butterflies just emerging from cocoons, our wings are not yet dry and we're exhausted by the effort we still have to make -- but we make the effort we will.  Take a quiet moment to feel it; it's there, and it's growing  stronger every minute all around this planet.

The past and the future is now colliding with a newness of spirit that invites us to enter into a new contract with the universe. It doesn't matter what anyone else does, it only matters what we each do, to trust ourselves and be bold, creative, playful and compassionate.The year ahead will take us higher and farther into the alternatives we visualize, the brotherhood and peaceful coexistence we seek...... if we will all do our little bit.

2008 is a one 1 year, a year of new beginnings, the start of a new nine year cycle. It will give people the opportunity to bring out their pioneering spirit, to show more courage and committment to get off their butts, to be fully in the present and its opportunities to make something tangible happen.

Your forum is a wonderful one to start this brand new year with and I wish you a new year full of every abundant gift from the Universe. The new story we're writing begins with "once upon a time"-- for Auld Lang Syne.

Much Love, Gerri

http://www.freewebs.com/ausvitality/Happy%20Ass/smLionLamb.jpg
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 6:21:29 PM
Hello My Dear Luella !

Please let the Angel of New Beginnings open the door to your heart and let the cleansing rays of hope fill you with happiness !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0