Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WOMEN OF COURAGE RETURNS - FIRST EDITION
1/2/2008 11:51:05 AM

Hello Luella May,

Thank you for sharing Prime Minister Benazir Bhuttos story.  It is a sad way to start the new year but also enlightening and compelling.

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 1:37:07 PM

Hi Mike,

As each day passes I realize more and more what a battle Mme Bhutto had on a daily basis.  Yet, she went on against all odds.

Her death was both tragic and a travesty.  Yet, her assassination shows her greatness and power.  Sometimes Women of Courage die.  Yet, this makes them all the more courageous.

You are right.  We cannot let her death be in vain.  We must continue her work, and that is the work of educating the public on their rights, and their freedoms. Speaking up with regard to all the injustices in the world and fighting for those expoited until we breathe our last breath.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 1:44:59 PM

Hi Joe,

She had passion until the end and we must be the ones to carry on her work.  No, we can't do anything about the situation in Pakistan, but there is much to do in our own communities.

In these times where even life in the United States is more and more uncertain, we all need to rise up and stand up for our rights, our constitutional rights that are being trashed.  We need to stand up for our God given rights before they are taken from us.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 1:52:26 PM

Hi Pat!

How wonderful to see you.  We do indeed to pray for that Pakistanis that are in such terrible turmoil.  Mme. Bhutto paid the ultimate cost for her people.  Freedom comes with a big price.

Hugs,

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 2:00:17 PM

Hello Dimitra,

Thank you for your beautiful post.

I too have followed Mme. Bhutto's life since she first became prime minister.  Becoming prime minister of a country that considers women mere chattel was the greatest of feats. 

Twice removed with unjust accusations, once again she sought this office.  Yet, this time she was truly removed.

I share the hope that peace will reign in Pakistan.  And I hope it is much sooner than later.

Hugs,

Luella 

+0