Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Adlandpro Health and Wellness Expo
12/14/2007 8:49:52 AM

Dear Mary,

thank you for kind invitation. Let me tell you and our friends about dental tourism written in The Observer.

Last year 20,000 Britons went abroad for dental treatment. Lisa Bachelor finds out the drill

Sunday September 23, 2007
The Observer

Growing numbers of Britons are now jetting off to the likes of Hungary to cut the cost of their dental bills.
Fifty thousand people in the UK travelled abroad for medical treatment last year and 20,000 of these did so for the sake of their teeth.
The average spend on dentistry was L2,500, 300 clinics, medical tourism companies, hospitals, doctors, dentists and healthcare providers overseas that are promoting their services to the UK market.

Cost is the biggest factor driving people overseas - savings of more than 80 per cent can be made on some forms of treatment - but the rise in dental tourists has also been due to changes in the NHS in the past year. The biggest growth in dental tourism appears to have been fuelled by the changes to NHS dental contracts, especially for people who want more complex procedures carried out. They are either struggling to find a dentist to do it or when they do are being met with costs of L10,000 to L15,000 in some cases.'

Those who go overseas for dental treatment can be broadly divided into two categories: people who need a lot of expensive, unavoidable work done and those who want cosmetic procedures. 'If you need something minor done the cost of the travel and accommodation is likely to outweigh the savings, but if you are going for crowns, veneers or implants then you could save thousands of pounds.

Lee Mitchell, 33, runs a bar and restaurant on Guernsey and has just come back, where he spent an entire week at the dentist. 'I had seven fillings, two extractions, a root canal, some reconstruction work, a crown and some bleaching,' he says. 'I had never thought of going abroad for treatment but when I realised how much work I needed doing a couple of my waitresses suggested.'

Within days he had booked his flight. A representative from the clinic sorted him out with accommodation and picked him up at the airport.All the clinics  are used to having international patients. Hungary has some of the leading technology and strictest dental regulations in the world. Whole towns on the Hungarian-Austrian border have an economy almost entirely based on dentistry.'

Andrea Turcsanyi
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2007 2:10:37 PM
Misconceptions about heart health. (source: a newsletter from St. Ritas hospital, Lima Ohio. Author not given. Myth 1: A Lot of Vitamin E protects your heart. Recent studies suggest that high daily doses of vitamin E supplements---IU or more--are associated with a higher risk ofdeath from any cause, including cardiovascular disease. Until more research is done on safe levels of vitamin E, take one multivitamin pill a day, but aim to get your vitamin E naturally from a healthy, varied diet. Myth 2: Heart attacks start with chest pain. The classic heart attack comes on with crushing chest pain, but many start with discomfort such as pressure, squeezing, or fullness in the chest. Some heart attack symptoms don't appear in the chest at all, but ratherin the upper body with pain or discomfort in the arms, neck, jaw, back or stomach. Other signs can include shortness of breath, cold sweats , nausea, and light-headedness. If you suspect a heart attack, call for immediate emergency help. Myth 3: Heart disease is a man's problem. Heart disease is the leading killer of women, claiming more women's lives than the next five causes of death combined--about 500,000 women's lives a year. Myth 4: Smoking hurts lungs, nor hearts. You're at risk for lung disease if you smoke, but you're also two to four times more likely to develop coronary heart disease than nonsmoker. Regular exposure to secondhandsmoke is bad for your heart as well as your lungs. Myth 5: Exercising three times aweek is enough. It's a good start, gut it's not the ultimate goal. New government recommendations say we should all be exercising at amoderate to vigorous level for at least 30 minutes on most days. to lose weight, make that 60 minutes. It doesn't have to be aformal gym session for it to count. Several brisk 15 minute walks add up. Myth 6: Chocolate is good for your heart: (Now we are talking my language--Mary's comment) Recent studies indicate that dark chocolate has a heart-healthy value, but eating too much of it can lead to unwanted pounds, ulltimately hurting your heart. Limit yourself to a small amount if you indulge. (Ohhh shoot, I thought chocolate was one of the food groups)
+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/14/2007 5:34:31 PM
Many who are sold are other products change their mind once they try ours. Essential oils make all the difference in the world! Give yourself the gift of wellness this holiday season. Visit: http://health.thisworks.biz

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.

The only candidate for health freedom!

+0
12/15/2007 8:34:14 AM
Here for Health and Wellness Questions This will be of importance and concern to anybody with health problems. If you have any problems with your joints, sore muscles or painful bones or any health problem at all. The first question must be, where does it come from. What developed my ailment. Let us think together, before we start to take any pill or food supply at all.

We are a garbage dump. Our bodies are embittered, with food, junk or healthy whatsoever. If we have pets, we have worms. We have a lot of bacterias, viruses, heavy metals and much more in our bodies.

If we have had some anti biotics in the past even worse. 80% of our immune system resides in our guts. Normally you have to have 85% good bacteria and 15% bad, most people have the opposite make up.

So, if you take, in that condition any valuable vitamins, minerals, healthy juices the best of the best. What you have in the end results in expensive expectoration.

The first step I advice get rid of the garbage in your body. DETOX is the magic word. Once your body is cleansed, from the mountain of unhealthy components you will feel a change in your total being.

May be you don't need the EZORB at all. By the way it is a crutch nothing more. Our bodies are designed to repair them self completely it often only needs the right attention.

First get rid of the nasty stuff than supply with the goods the body needs. Please read some advice on my site, its free !

If any one has some questions, please don't hesitate to post.

At your service and best wishes

docsundowner ( Bernd )

+0
12/16/2007 2:52:46 PM

Dear Adlanders ...

Do you think having AIR to breathe is vital to good health?

Of course, it is! 

Well, having sustained ENERGY throughout the day is equally vital.

Now you can enjoy a brand new energy drink that is low glycemic, only 9 little calories, and will provide you with 4-5 hours of sustained energy.  No headache, No jitters, and No crash.  Isn't that a blessing for a change!?

If you like, email me and I'll be happy to send you a Free sample of Crave Energy Drink.  Looking for professional network marketers to provide genuine product critique and feedback.

Melanie Kissell

melaniekissell@yahoo.com

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!