Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Can You Answer Yes To All these Questions??
11/18/2007 5:34:05 AM

Hi Mary,

Thanks for visiting and posting. I consider your wanting "to conquer more" being alive and ambitious. In my opinion anyone who rest on his laurels and says I did it and there's no more to do or to learn is simply deluding himself and in the end will be left behind.

I admit that over 7 years ago when I first started my on line "career" I bought quite a few e-books but after a short time I realized that it was all old news and rehashed versions of other e-books etc. The only people making any money from these e-boils were the authors and they themselves were no longer using the antiquated systems "taught" in the e-books.

Sharing ideas is great and in a sense is a form of group mentoring. The only problem is that there are so many new skills to learn and many things that we and our friends do that could be done in a better way that we are simply not aware of yet and that's where mentoring/coaching comes in. A group of dedicated mentors in different fields are on hand to assist in difficult times and strengthen our weak points and keep us up to date on new systems, procedures and techniques.

I am familiar with mentoring for free and it is a good program. The only problem that I personally have is that in my life I have never received anything of value for free so I tend to steer clear from free programs. But that's a personal issue and not one that many believe in.

Best wishes & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2007 5:45:19 AM

Hi Fionnuala,

Thanks for dropping by and posting. I am always so happy for those that are content with what they do and have accomplished in life. And yes, learning is the essence of life.

The changes in Internet and Network marketing has been so volatile in the past year or so that if we don't keep up with the changes we're simply left behind.

Best wishes & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2007 6:04:53 AM

Hi Roger,

I'm honored that you dropped by and posted here.

You raised some excellent points and I completely understand and agree with the problem you face in regard to the times. I'm only 1 hour ahead of you, so when a conference or webinar starts at 10 pm eastern it's 5 am here in Israel. Being interested in hearing the speakers views I set my alarm for the designated hour even if I went to sleep only a few short hours prior to the call.

Most of the calls are recorded and the members have access to them in their back office. Personally I prefer hearing them live in order to feel the vibe and interaction between the speaker and the listeners. When needed I always can go back and listen to the recorded call as many times as I wish.

So far my personal experience has been extremely favorable (favourable for you Brits). I found the mentors very accessible so much so that the "dean" of mentors  (Dr. Reg Cochran) at Mentors Club has been available and accessible for brainstorming sessions almost upon demand. And boy do I ask questions!!!!

I appreciate your kind compliments and look forward to hearing from you again.

Best wishes & Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2007 6:28:55 AM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for visiting and posting.

People are the most complicated creatures around. But we already knew that. In one way or another the majority of us have common goals. We all want a better life, more time with our families, the ability to buy not only what we need but also what we want and the list goes on and on.

How to attain those common goals aren't that different from one person to the next but yet we find that one succeeds beyond his wildest dreams and the other is simply treading water and in some cases sinking. I firmly believe that the successful one had a coach or mentor in his life and he/she listened and followed their advice.

How do you differentiate between the programs? Check out the people involved, find out what the goals of the company are, listen to trusted people that are involved in the programs etc. In other words you have to do your own due diligence.

It's true, there are many that join and if they don't enjoy immediate "gratification" they give up. Don't you agree that those are the people that need mentoring most?? I believe that if you support your team, downline as you call it and help them get into the "money" you'll have less opt outs and "giver uppers" and a successful team that is helping each other realize their goals and attain financial security.

Best wishes & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
11/18/2007 7:39:59 AM
I'm responding first to the question in the name or your forum..Are there any cons? And I must say yes to that. There are cons in mentoring as there are to everything we do. When you mentor someone you should always look to their needs and find out what will help them to be successful, but some people are too ready to do it all by themselves and don't want to be helped. So no matter how much time you spend coaching them and giving them the tools they need to be successful, they'll be busy trying to reinvent the wheel.
I think for every 100 people we successfully recruit we're lucky to have 10 who are trainable and who will listen to good advise from someone who knows a little more they do.
So I think it's important to work with people one on one at first until you're both comfortable that they're ready and able to go it alone. Train each one individually and give them all the time they ask for as much as possible. Then if after a month they haven't taken any initiative, or if they're constantly trying to tell you what to do or how they know better then their sponsor what's best for them, it's time to let them go. They're not worth your time if they're not going to do things right or they're going to wreak havoc with all you're trying to build. You'd be better off to tell them that you're sorry but you think that they would be better off in a different line of work.

The ones who are trainable and are serious enough to do things right the first time will make up for any "losses" you might have from those who don't. Those are the people that you should build up and make stronger than ever. Don't waste your time on the others. They'll just tear  you down and take everyone else with them.
Becky
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!