Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Can You Answer Yes To All these Questions??
11/18/2007 11:19:54 AM

Hello Peter,

Thanks for inviting me to this discussion.  Now there are some of those questions that I can answer yes to, but more that I need to learn to get to the yes answer as yet.

Realizing this I looked into to several mentoring programs and the truth is a lot of them are strictly set up to suck money right out of your pocket.  Even those claiming to be free.  At least that is how I used to think.  I have always been kind of stand offish with the IM community anyway,  Because let's face it there is a lot greed instead of need iniatives online.

I was in an online seminar not too long ago with a somewhat respected interviewer, geared towards exposing the secrets of marketing.  This particular interviewee supposedly cracked some code over on MySpace and has been deluged with traffic and money.

Well all that is great except that during the course of this interview.  This so called expert spilled the beans.  He is a college kid, that has bee using different ideates, in some cases pretending to be female, to infiltrate different dating niches.  He was keying on 25-35 year old males, teasingly enticing them to join her coaching program or to assist her in her marketing.  he was also preying on the gay community niches with just as atrocious misleading tactic.

He was using Adwords with his nefarious marketing to accumulate huge checks.  Personally I don't think the ends justifies the means if you must mislead, lie, and misrepresent yourself, your product or your company.  I am sure all reading here would agree.  I hope..

Now, while this young fellow is obvious tickled to death with his accomplishment, and now his notoriety by having a public interview with Miss Heather Vale.

It is unfortunate that no one during the fact finding process, or during his testing of his theory, he didn't have someone mentoring his business ethics.  He was making money hand over fist and thought he was a success.  He showed some of his friends and decided to write an e-book and a home study course, for his program.  However all along he, was teaching misrepresentation as way to maximize profits.

Now while his theory of approaching niches and providing products to those niches is sound.  His means were unethical in my view.  This is why folks, young and old need a mentor, master mind group, or a place like ALP to make sure your good ideas become great ones.

I believe Mentors Club cover these bases, plus there is a philanthropic bent as 10% of all money goes to charity.  You get to team up with folks like Chuck Norris and Shakira and help support their charities.

Plus you are exposed to great mentors like, Jim Rohn and William E. Bailey live and recorded.  There are videos too.  The more I am involved the more impressed I become with what Mentors Club has to offer.

I believe if you take the time to review the site and all that is offered, you will want to take advantage of this most excellent resource.

Please visit Mentors Club Today You won't regret the effort.

The Hunger Site

"To begin a journey, you need a final destination.  What's yours?  If you don't have a place you want to be then there is no need to go any further.  As you have already arrived." Wink  Jim Allen III

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2007 12:33:46 PM
Wow a lot replys Achi, i see your feeling out what works and what doesnt? thats a good sign. I feel its always best to work with your business associates one on one myself and if you have a downline of a 100 or so which i do its always good to keep them in the loop of things (email, phone) whether they answer back or not, you still have to be the example and its the same in out in life as well (teaching, etc,,).  Thanks for the thread, really good one Peter. Shalom. God_bless you. Thomas
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
11/18/2007 2:43:08 PM
 It is definately hard to figure out the good sites from the bad.  I have sldo read numerous mentoring e-books and listened to many sales training lectures.  In my opinion you should apply these rules to the company or web site you are considering joining or currently belong to:

1. Do they have sales results?
2. Has good duplication occured?
3. Is it a stand alone product/service?
4. Long term vision?
5. No pass up sales?
6. Is it a product/service you can be proud of?
7. No charge to join or fees for training and marketing materials?
8. Good financial backing?
9. Ethical in their policies and procedures?
10. Excellent pay and rewards for your personal efforts?

In my opinion they should be able to say "Yes" to each and every question.  Many companies may be strong in a several areas but fall down in others especially 5, 6, 7 and 8.  It is definately possible to make money with many systems but for them to last long term and all your efforts not go down the drain especially when it comes to residuals make sure of these issues.  We have guaranteed residuals for up to 25 years even if the company were bought out or even went bankrupt.  Can your company say the same?
We pass with flying colors and what we offer is an easy sale once you learn the basics.

Team Members:
No joining fees or dues EVER
Training is Free - not a lot of technical data but a test is required to pass
3 dedicated web sites are Free
Advertising materials in PFD are Free

Homeowners:
No System purchase - the solar system is GIVEN to the customer 
No Installation Cost - this model is a no cost, no-pollution solution
No Investment required - there is no cost to recover
No Maintenance - company monitored and you see daily electric output on your web site
No Permit hassles - the company obtains these 
No Performance worries - performance guarantee and solar assurance
No Rate Increases - can be saving money from the first month of installation

I would be happy to provide you with more information on solar energy and how every homeowner can now afford to upgrade their home.  I have an excellent map that dismisses the most common myth of "It's too cloudy where I live".  Educating others about solar goes hand in hand with many businesses as a cross marketing sale.  It is also a business that can be brought up in everyday conversation or in a few allocated hours a week.
Look over the two sites below for basic information. Two similar sites will be assigned free to you once you pass the training.  The first is for potential associates and there is no requirement for you to recruit others.  The second is for interested homeowners.

Solar Power - You Would be Amazed
How much One Home Upgrading to Solar
Reduces Pollutants from the Atmosphere

Steve Hickey
www.sunpowur.info    
(888) -300 - 3357 toll-free
(952) -934 -1040
+0
11/18/2007 5:17:57 PM

Dear Peter,

I so appreciate your invitation to this forum  ... it's "right up my alley", as the saying goes.  I've been teaching adults for the past 25+ years, so mentoring and coaching was a natural transition for me into network marketing.  I magnetize toward nurturing others through education and support.

I completely and wholeheartedly understand anyone's skepticism when it comes to online mentoring programs.  Many of us have been misled and taken for a ride more than twice!

I'm a marketing mentor with MentoringForFree and very pleased with the system and proud to be involved.  There's never a penny charged to anyone for our live or recorded skills calls,  life changing ebook, audios, or one-on-one coaching with Michael Dlouhy, the author of "Success In 10 Steps".

It doesn't matter what company or companies you align yourself with, all the training at MentoringForFree is "Generic".  It applies to anyone and everyone who's looking to create additional income from home.

We don't have an alterior motive, sales pitch, or hidden agenda ... just help and guidance if you need it.  And it's totally F-R-E-E.

Thanks again, Peter, for opening the doors to a discussion about coaching and mentoring.

Melanie Kissell

+0
11/18/2007 8:30:47 PM
It's great that we now realize that recruiting is not the best way to build a team. I appreciate any and all comments from forum members and have learned to be willing to take the bad with the good. What a lot of people have problems with is not being able to take constructive criticism and being offended at being told they need to do things differently. If people would pay attention to those who have been through the ropes and not try to go it alone they'll have a lot more success.
And to be honest, I have to say no to a lot of the questions, but I'm working on it. I had to give up some of my own attitudes and work on changing my way of thinking before I could truly be successful and develop the "sticktoitiveness" that's required to make any business work.
I think we all tend to jump from the frying pan into the fire when things don't go our way. And I'm learning to stay put no matter what other people say or try to make me feel. Personality clashes always seem to happen when you're working with other marketers if you're not open minded and willing to let other people have their say. That's one of the things that always held me back. I would be offended by one person and go off mad and give up on my own personal goals because one person said something that hurt my feelings. There is so much can cause you to fail, and it's easy to put the blame on someone else, but ultimately we are responsible for our own success or failure. I'm finally learning to listen to others and not try to reinvent the wheel.
Becky
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!