Menu

Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Self-esteem is a huge piece of my work..
11/5/2007 11:26:56 AM

Hey Bogdan,

Great quote:  However I do question the validity of it, with a industry wide 98% failure rate how can this statement be true?

Folks would become involved if they thought they couldn't be successful would they?  Or have they been lied to?

In my personal experience it stills boils down to a numbers game.  You still need to find the like minded with the similar work ethics and after thirty years of direct selling consumer products, training others in the same field.  I have found you cannot teach most folks to do what you do.  Simple fact.  If everyone could become successful by positive thoughts, the failure rate wouldn't be so high would it? 

Doesn't it boil down to doing the work and getting in front of a enough clients to find that 2% of successful folks?

When I have been the most successful, has been when I have been the most aggressive at making the sale, when I back off of the aggressiveness my sales go down and so does my income.  Or if you are working in a sales room and your numbers are off you don't the quality leads and eventually you are replaced by someone that is more aggressive.

As with my current situation, recently laid off, because my numbers were down and I refused to pressure folks, with various tactics.  Our client base is typically considered seniors and have been hammered by high pressure types.  So i turn down the pressure and just offer solutions to their current problem/challenge/concerns.  I am in the HVAC Residential Maintenance and paid strictly by commission. 

Of course our lead base has dwindled and many of our maintenance customers have recently made signifiacant purchases.  But my success and the company's success are dependent on them making new purchases or finding new potential clients.

Granted that when I go into a clients home believing that a sale will be made more often the sale is made.  But it takes more than a positive attitude to close the deal.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

New Reply
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2007 11:45:23 AM

Hello Jim,

Great to see you disagreeing.

You said.

When I have been the most successful, has been when I have been the most aggressive at making the sale, when I back off of the aggressiveness my sales go down and so does my income.  Or if you are working in a sales room and your numbers are off you don't the quality leads and eventually you are replaced by someone that is more aggressive.

And Jack Canfield said.

Because after you've decided what you want, you have to believe it's possible, and possible for you, not just for other people

Tell me why are you becoming more aggressive. You have decided that you want more results from your sales. You made conscious decision to be more persuasive and appear like your are more believing in what you have to offer. For the prospective client (even for your brain) there is no difference if you are really believing in something or you just making an effort to believe in it. (you called it you became more aggressive). The message you are sending is, you want more results, you are convinced that this is possible and all action is directed towards those results. All starts in your head.

If you think you can't you are right. If you think you can you are also right.
The world around you including your brain senses it and adjusts itself appropriately to it.

Remember that its not just the action which caused results for you, it was first the thought to make that action. You would not make that action if you would not believe in it.

Bogdan Fiedur

Hello
New Reply
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2007 12:03:59 PM
Good quote Bogdan,

believing in oneself is the first  step towards success!

I dont know who said this but it kinda stuck in my head,

'To think of oneself less is one thing.  but to think less of oneself is quite another.!'

Have a blessed day !

Pauline R
New Reply
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2007 8:13:24 PM
Bogdan, I was going to disagree with this statement but I just finished taking the "Self Esteem" on line test. It changed my mind. http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=720 If one does not have high self-esteem it will slow us down in our goals because of fear of rejection. If one spends too much time worrying about how others will react, then nothing positive gets done. If a person is afraid to align themselves with winners, people who know, people of authority, etc. we would flaunder on our own and not make the mark. We need to be able to admit failure, move on with assurance that we can do better the next time. When questioned we should have the courage to stand up for our beliefs. The test was an eye opener and the report at the end tells how you did, shows a percentage, and gives some words of wisdom as to what are your strenghts and weekness.
New Reply
+0
11/6/2007 7:24:55 AM

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for another great quote today! Having a good Self-esteem is so important...one must have faith and belief in themselves to succeed. Low self-esteem can be turned around through, positive thinking, positive affirmations, and faith!

Thanks very much for sharing this quote!

Have a fantastic day!

Marilyn 

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!