Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kevin Doolittle

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: HOW TO NETWORK MARKET THE CORRECT WAY
10/28/2007 7:20:39 PM

Hi Collette,

Thanks for your forum!

I have a question. Do you consider the "Direct Contact" tool on AdlandPro or any other business community listing site inappropriate for offering opportunities to those on your friends list?

Blessings!

Kevin

Helping others, to help others"

+0
Collette Johnson

45 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/29/2007 6:10:40 AM

Hello Kevin

Welcome to the forum!

That is a terrific question. NO I do NOT believe that posting A ONE TIME NOTICE OF A NEW OPPORTUNITY/PRODUCT to the your list using a Direct Contact tool inappropriate.

I use mine to announce NEW Opps, products etc,  ONE TIME. I then use the Advertising mediums (classified, banners etc) to continue promoting the product/opp.

In this way, I am notifying all my friends at once, but not "harrassing" them with continual emails about the same product/opportunity.

Anyone in your friends/contact list can OPT out of recieving your emails simply by clicking on the link provided in the email you send using the Direct Contact feature here at adlandpro.

This is just one of the many features alot of Networking sites offer as a way to promote your business/products to your contacts.

As I stated in the intro post, "use the advertising mediums provided by your networking admin" to advertise.  Use the forums to write articles that will help others and to start discussions

What do you think?

Much Success

Collette

+0
Kevin Doolittle

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/29/2007 6:55:50 AM

Hello Collette,

Thanks for your reply.

One thing about online marketing that I have learned is that the more times a person sees the add, the more likely they are going to take a look. A dear friend of mine here on Adland has also taught me this.

Many of us are adding new friends regularly. I feel that they are entitled to seeing the important offers we have to share. Unfortunately, there is no way to filter out the more recent recipients to my mailings that I know of. That would be a fine toggled feature for the contact direct tool!

Blessings!

Kevin

"Helping others, to help others"

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2007 9:36:31 AM

Hi Keven and Collette,

On the other side of the issue of sending ads individually, if they then click on the ban to keep you from sending further mail what have you accomplished?

Previously you said, you want people to like you, like your business, and trust you.  So if you irritate them with ads in their "send me a message" box, you have lost their respect and the relationship is destroyed.

I have never sent an ad except to several very good trusted friends and they knew I was not hounding them. It was friend to friend.

Most people who use that method to advertise grow weary of all the work and losing friends from it.  They either stop the practice or leave Adlandpro altogether.  With so many good ways to advertise here it seems like a waste of time.

+0
10/30/2007 1:35:32 AM

That's a good point, Mary.  I am reading a book right now that teaches how to effectively market a small business.  Two of the key components of effective marketing introduced at the beginning of the book are:

1. Making sure you have a quality product. 

2. Gaining trust.

Two essentials.

It makes sense that you would not want to damage the trust you have earned from others.  Through cheap merchandise or pestering ads.  Especially since we are all dealing with other people here, not with ATM machines.

I'm so thrilled to see how many people here in AdLand share a point of view that is built on respect for others. 

To Your Health, Andrew Plitt Owner/Operator Ancient Wisdom for The New You AncientWisdom-APlitt.blogspot.com www.Andrew.AwarenessHealth.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!