Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Do You Judge Others Or Do They Judge You???
10/14/2007 1:42:08 AM
Hello Michael,

I'd say a big Amen to your excellent write. Can see it comes straight from your heart. No wonder the Good Book say, 'Do unto others as you will have do unto you.'  If followed this world would be a happier place now wont it???

Blessings always

Pauline R
+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 3:10:50 AM
Hello Michael,

When we are born, we know nothing about judging. Growing up we hear other people to judge us or someone else . Usually, this brings laugh to people, so we learn to judge too, trying to be clever or funny, regardless the results of our judging.

When other hurt us with their judging and it brings to us pain, we then understand that this is not fair. In that time we start to understand that this is something we should never do. I think it is in human nature.

People use judging just to feel that they are superior from others, or more clever, headsome, healthier etc. This is not an excuse judging to be continued and in all communities and in all ages there were people trying to convince other that they never should do this. But it still happens and I think it always will.

I was a victim of judging too because either I was not pretty enough, or for my hair type, or because I had eye glasses even because I was an orphan. It brought pain to me for some years up to the moment I understood that I may not was a pretty doll, I had a strong mind, I may was an orphan but I value the family and so on.

I give no excuse in judging but I have accepted it as a part of life and look forward. I try to forgive others for this matter but still I believe that no one is perfect and we, as victims of judging, sometimes judge others as a matter of reaction or by mistake.

I would like to be a fairy and have a magic stick to erase this part of human personality, but I'm not. Maybe there will be a day that man will become a superior kind in universe and this blemish will be vanished.

Blessings,

Dimitra

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 3:50:36 AM

Hello Michael,

You have written a very probing and sensitive piece here and I thank you.

I have thought hard as to whether I try to respond honestly and risk being misunderstood. I have decided to do so, but briefly.

I have read and enjoyed, not only your poetry but sensed your, feelings, compassion and understanding that they project.

Project is an important  word here. Like it or not WE ARE and WE DO make our opinions of people by many means INCLUDING appearance.

You MAY choose to look the way you do. If that's the case then you have a reason even if you don't know what it is.

There are many, no most, of us who are projecting different things to different folk, sometimes without knowing. If I put a word wrong here you might forever judge me as being insensitive, that's how it is.

There is no excuse for bad manners or cruelty at anytime and particularly based purely upon appearance.

I accept that if I walk into an auto dealership dressed like a tramp (hobo there I think), I expect to be treated like a human being, with respect, time and understanding  But, even if I have a million dollars cash in my pocket the guy is probably going to think that I'm wasting his time at best. Of course it might be my reason that I WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT but that's my responsibility too.

A number of years ago I visited the USA and was travelling down the West coast by train. I arrived in a City at about 6 in the evening. Having settled into my room at the hotel I suggested to my friend that we might go and buy a few travel essentials locally. We left the hotel in our smart business clothes (Due at a meeting later) and walked, not knowing, away from town through an increasingly poorer looking neighbourhood, quiet but scruffy.

We arrived at a local supermarket where we had to risk our life passing a tied up German Shepherd dog to get into the entrance.

We found our goods and went to buy them but as soon as our clothes and, even more so, our English accents were noticed, we became centre of attraction. Most attention was friendly but the store owner asked us where our car was. We told him that we had walked there and he said ,

'By now your presence, as rich guys, is known two miles away. Go back now and be careful' ooooooooh that walk back to the hotel.

They assumed that we were rich, they assumed that we were not streetwise and they assumed that we were probably pretty stupid. WRONG, we were travelling with a disabled guy as his carers, we were there because people had raised money for him and thirdly we weren't stupid we just didn't ask the right questions before doing something in another country.

The point here is IF I HAD KNOWN THE EFFECT OF MY IMAGE BEFORE I went there to shop my clothes and my confident projection would have been low key. Although I didn't deserve the discomfort I did place myself in that position.

We have to remember the image that we put out WILL be read and if we get the wrong reading over a long period of time WE HAVE GOT IT WRONG, unless of course, we WANT TO MAKE A POINT.

You are, I know, a lovely man. Be what you are happy with and work to change what you are not. Advice for all.

Roger 

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 6:08:10 AM

MICHAEL DEROWIN
for sharing a beautiful poem and insight into your daily life.  I appreciate it.

Take care and have a blessed week!

Love, Rina

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2007 9:32:27 AM

Very insightful Michael.  Thanks for opening up.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!