Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Drbob Siegman

247 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS - JEALOUSY
8/4/2005 9:37:55 AM
Hi Kathy, In overcoming Jealousy it often helps to remember that jealousy is a symptom, not a cause, in it self it is not a primary emotion. There is always another emotion that leads to jealousy. Example; Your jealous of your spouse flirting, why, because your insecure or lack trust or,,, Jealous of what someone else has, why, because you lack appreciation of what you already have or you might feel cheated by life, or possibly you lack self esteem or,,, See what I mean? So if you look at examine it, identifing the WHY, then treat that root emotion, the jealous goes away! Today, I Will Be More Than I Was Yesterday, And even more than that Tomorrow!
+0
8/4/2005 9:48:57 AM
Hi Kathy, Jealousy, what a powerful and destructive negative emotion that is. My belief about jealous people is that they feel inadequate in themselves and feel that they should be the centre of attention and literally own the other person. When they feel they are losing grip, up pops this dreadful emotion. I have, in the long distance past, felt jealous but soon learnt that the only way you can HOLD ON TO anyone is to LET GO. We as individuals are not the centre of the universe, everyone has something to offer and to be valued and appreciated. We don't own anyone. To witness jealousy in action is very sad because you can literally see that person in self destruct mode which in turn pushes away that very person that they want to hold onto. I suppose like fear, jealousy has a purpose but I haven't figured that one out yet. Your good friend, John
+0
Gene Tinney

468 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/4/2005 12:26:10 PM
thanks kathy and paul,jealousy is not a word that is in my vocab.thanks your friend Gene
+0
Thalia Miller

81 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/4/2005 1:42:57 PM
Hi Kathy, What you've observed of jealousy is so true. It is often a destructive force, but we mustn't forget either that jealousy can be a good thing too. All of the emotions that have been given to us by God's grace were given to us as a good thing. If God is all knowing, all powerful and all good (which He is) and if God became jealous (which He did) then jealousy is not all bad. It's the twisting of the truth, believing of the lies, and the distortion of our emotions that turn a good thing into a bad thing. In the Word, we are not told that anger is bad, we are taught to experience and control our anger. Hatred against evil is even encouraged. On the other hand, even the highest of good emotions, love, can become unhealthy if we let it. I knew a woman on the verge of divorce who said that she had no feelings for her husband anymore after 22 years. After thinking her marriage was over, something surprising happened that struck jealousy in her heart and also alerted her to the fact that she still loved her husband. Jealousy often brings about a desire to protect those we love, and in this woman's case, open our eyes to the very presence of love. Anyway, I think it has a lot to do with the reactions we choose to our feelings, and our perspective on things in general. A person can let a thing eat them alive if their perspective is all off.
+0
8/4/2005 3:21:45 PM
My Dear Friend Kathy ! Thanks for the invitation. Jealour.....is a State of Mind. (Nothing,,,,I can add,,,,mor than this). Thanking you, once again. With lots of Love and Affection ! Your Ever Loving Friend, Mohamed Khadar Gani.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!