Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS - JEALOUSY
8/3/2005 11:35:00 PM
THank you Beverly for your wisdom and insite, I very much value your thoughts on all my topics. Thank you for sharing them with us.It is a pleasure to know you. kathy martin
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Lisa Lomas

707 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/3/2005 11:41:10 PM
Hello Kathy, Good forum girl. I think jealously is rotten to the core and its something like anger you have to make sure it does not overcome every other emotion. Lisa
Thinking of visiting New Zealand. A must see is Hawkes Bay, Hastings. http://www.hawkesbaymotel.co.nz
+0
Steve Baric

195 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/3/2005 11:56:07 PM
Men, regrettably, are hard-wired for jealousy. Jealousy falls in with that great crowd of emotions that includes envy and possessiveness. It stems from our distant past, like so many of our species' less desirable traits. I believe that in our history, possession of things and earning the right to reproduce -- and the hardships encountered in securing that level of dominance in early societies -- caused us to develop these traits that made us inclined to defend what was so hard won. Now, though such things are quite meaningless in modern society, these characteristics linger. It is unfortunate that some people have less success at managing these emotions in a modern context. I don't think you can really say jealousy is a bad thing. After all, it exists as a mechanism to secure relationships in a harsh environment. What's bad is when it is misplaced, unwarranted, or allowed to run rampant. I for one do not believe any emotion can be bad. Denial of emotional states is like denying what it is that makes us human; beautifully natural creatures we are, in an artificial world we've created to hide from our naturalness. Where the fault lies is not in jealousy or envy or anger, but in what we allow these things to do to our character. Peace, Steve B.
Steve Baric
+0
8/3/2005 11:56:43 PM
Hi Kathy, I appreciate your invitation. Jealousy is a tough emotion to hide. It is also a strong emotion to contain. I believe it has the uncanny ability to make sane people do insane things. It causes sensible people to act on impulse instead of with common sense. Worst of all, it destroys. It shows a side of people nobody really wants to see. Jealousy is a sympton of TRUST or lack thereof. It will only expose itself if there is no reason to believe another option will rectify the situation. Trust must be earned and given. The difficulties lie in where and when each discipline is appropriate. However, jealousy is still an emotion that requires us to choose it. So choose wisely! All the best to everyone!
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2005 12:10:56 AM
Hello Lisa my friend, thank you, so very true. love ya, kathy Steve my great friend, I love your wisdom,you always amaze me, your insite is so profound, thanks for being a great friend,Kathy John R. Thank you for your inspiring words and thoughts.I love hearing how you feel.Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to me John R.Kathy
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!