Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Better a broken promise...
7/29/2005 12:28:15 PM
"Better a broken promise than none at all. " Mark Twain
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Better a broken promise...
7/29/2005 12:41:37 PM
Hello Bogdan, How does this make any sence?? That is one of my pet peeves: If someone promises something and does not follow thru it really upsets me,To me a promise is like your word, with out your word you really have nothing.So if you cant follow thru with your word why bother promising?To me it has to do also with your Honor, character.thanks, kathy martin
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
7/29/2005 12:48:46 PM
I feel the same as Kathy. I have never made a promise that I couldn't stand up to, ever. Only once have I promised anything. That was to Honour and Cherish til death us do part in the presence of God. Promises are very valuble. Randy http://www.immunotec.com/01
"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11).
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/29/2005 12:49:05 PM
Kathy, This is not about the person who makes the promise but about the person who received the promise. I have gotten involved in many things in my life because of somebody else's commitment which wasn't followed through. Even though I was left alone to deal with the problem, I got involved in it and as result of it, I finished it. I wouldn't be involved in it if I felt that I'm alone at that time. In fact Adlandpro started like this. I had partners who I thought at that time would help me. They didn't help me at all, but I had the courage to act as if they were helping me. Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Drbob Siegman

247 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/29/2005 12:51:35 PM
Hi Bogdan, Sorry, though I am a fan of Mr. Clemens, I disagree. When you make a PROMISE, you instill a hope for the one you are making the promise to. When you break a promise you often remove that hope. Now, granted not all promises can always be kept, we can only do the best we can, as there are many things in life that can affect us which may not have control over. Therefore, one, I believe it is better to tell someone you will do the Best You Possibly Can. Two, when a promise is made to you, be understanding enough of extenuating circumstances that could cause someone to have to break a promise. That's my take on it. How do the rest of you see it? Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted, but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known! ~Garrison Keillor
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!