Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Do you remember when...?
6/14/2007 12:39:12 AM
Hello Judy,

I have just read your post and appreciate the detail you gave to your response. In 2005 I was probably at the same stage your where back then. And what I love about you is that you have choosen your niche and stayed with it. So many people jump around all over the place and then claim the programs don't work. It takes a bit of elbow grease to get results. Unfortunately we tend to train that response by all those ads that promise to do all the work for you, which has always made me wonder, "if you will do all the work for me, what do you need ME for?"

I have to say I cut my teeth on  a course that Bogdan gave here, just after I joined ADland. I learned one heck of a lot trying to keep up with him.

I wouldn't sell yourself short on your knowledge because what you have written is full of knowledge and wisdom for those still trying to find their  way in the WWW. YOu do have a great deal to offer to others. One of the tricks I use in my day job, is to put people who are weak in an area in charge of training others in that area. I am always amazed at how quickly they learn from teaching others. I know I am amazed at the knowledge I've gathered together over the last year and half and how helping others, seems to strengthen me and give me more confidence.

At this point I am not sure what will come out of this Forum I am thinking about that. But from the response I think I raised a concern many share.

YOu could say it was my way of , first, seeking to understand, because the response has been most informative. And I am thinking about how to use my circle of influence to create a more inclusive way to encourage our new members.

Finally, I have been at work for some time on a step by step list building report, and seeing these posts, I have decided to share it first with people like you, to solicit feedback so that I can make it even more useful as a guide for people arriving at these shores for the first time.

Finally, thank you for your very generous comments.

I understand my mission statement, and I do intend to live by it.

Everyone else, read "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" it really is an awesome book.

Thanks once again Judy.

Nick

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/14/2007 12:46:16 AM
Hi Barb,

Thanks for responding to the forum. And your comments are the Key to success period.

I always thought that command to "do what you love and the money will follow" to be kinda silly. Yet when I discovered my personal mission statement, those words rang with truth.

Now I am totaly commited to that concept of doing what you love. And funny thing is, the more I do what I love, the more I love what I do.

Now all I have to figure out, is why it took so long to get there. I figure I'm just a late bloomer.

Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Bonnie Branch

54 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/22/2007 9:50:23 PM

Thank you so much for writing about this and inviting me.  I think this is one of the biggest problems in internet marketing.  The "gurus" do forget what it was like when they first started, so they can't possibly help a newbie.  The other situation is that they are still a newbie and don't know how to help, so they just keep throwing the newest program that was shoved down their throat.  It's a vicious cycle.  No wonder only 3% of internet marketers make a decent living, they just don't mentor others to do the same.

I signed up for my first affiliate program over a year ago, and I'm still not making much money.  The problem?  No focus due to lack of leadership.  I signed up for a program under someone who is supposedly very successful.  Anytime I've sent an email asking for guidance, I NEVER hear back.  What kind of a leader is that anyway??  So, then I decided to try a different program (yes I'm a jumper) using her sponsor.  They told their signups to email anytime they had a question.  My email never failed to bounce back!  Again, I was left with no direction.  Now, picture that scenario several times over.  I keep hearing how all these programs work, so I get suckered in just to find out that I have no decent leadership to show me how to make the program rake the money in.  I'm willing to work, but I just can't seem to focus enough on one to figure out how it works.

Quitting is not an option.  I know these programs work, I just have to sit my butt down and focus on one at a time.  I have learned so much about advertising and marketing, and realize there is so much more to learn.  I just need to apply what I have learned.

I do love this community, I haven't been as active in it as I would've liked, but am realizing its potential, so Here I Am!!!

Have a prosperous day!

Bonnie

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/22/2007 10:13:19 PM
Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for your post. What you say rings true for alot of folks out there.

It does take focus, tenacity and inner fortitude to stick with it through thick and mainly thin.

Finding someone who is willing to work with you can be a challenge, but keep asking. I think finding a mentor who will find away to help you is important.

I would say most programs will work given enough time, and understanding and simple hard work.

Keep up the battle and let me know how you are doing.

Nick
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!