Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Do you remember when...?
6/13/2007 10:28:40 AM
Hi Gail,

ADland was my first community, and its like home here now. I have gotten to know some really awesome people who make this community unlike any other I am involved with.

We all need help occasionally. I'm a buddy and I had to use the system the other day to find something!

Best,

Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/13/2007 10:34:45 AM
Hello Muriel,

A fellow Canadian and just across the mountains from me.

Thanks for your post. I wanted to get people talking about this issue and its great to see so many responses from people who have had similar experiences.

The main thing is you fot through it and kept going. Persistence is so important.

Unfortunately, newness drives business in many areas of our lives. The old is not sexy any more, you must have the newest ___________ fill in the blank. I think consisent effort on most program will produce results. But you know the grass is always green on the other side of the fence.

Thanks for sharing your expiences.

Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
June Craig

35 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/13/2007 11:16:13 AM
Hello Nick,

Thank you so much for the invitation to your forum.
You don't know how Right you are.

I started online several years ago. I was talked into joining programs that cost
way to much. Several Thousands in the hole. They promised help. None was
given.

My other problem was I knew nothing about the computer. I finally purchased
Video professor Tapes then later CDs. It still took a long time.
I think probably most of the problems are my age, Now 77 years old. That and the health problems have left me at a disadvantage.
I have a website up but cannot get my download to work.
My hosting company is having problems, I get a page done. The next time
I check it out it is gone and only a date on it.

Very frustrating to say the least. And I have never been one to ask for help.
Since I can not hear on the phone I have to do messaging.

It is so good to know the good people here at AdlandPro.

Thanks again, Nick

God Bless!

June(Frustrated great-grandma)

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2007 2:04:38 PM

Hi Nick,

My Beautiful Summer Morning Inspiration man!!!  How are you?  I love your post.  Where the heck were you in August of 2005 when I didn't know what a URL was?   I have come far enough since then to have picked up a few things, but I am still a floundering internet junkie.  As I was when in the retail business, I am addicted to the people here.

When I first came to Adland I was going through the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People on my audio tapes, and I remember thinking so many times that not one soul I was interacting with and signing up with was seeking to understand me, my needs, my abilities.  They all promised help and didn't deliver, and I pulled away from Adland as a result for a short time after spending quite a bit of money and not learning a thing or making a cent.   It was time to put first things first.  I found a passion and its product and a distributor who would work with me and I built BIRDESSENTIALS.com  and in the process of doing that learned a lot, but had a lot of help and still need help when I want to make more than a small change.   You see, I have just demonstrated to you and everyone who is reading this almost the full extent of my internet ability.  (lol)

I think it would be marvelous to learn what to do next, and then get some sort of instructions on how to do it so we could set off and do it ourselves and then move on to the next step.  The truth is the answers are all right here in the tutorials and support at ALP.   I still belong to a number of programs that I know would be great if I knew what, where and how to do what comes next.  If there is a step by step book out there that doesn't miss 3 steps because it was hurriedly and poorly written, I haven't found it.

Every day we are inundated with those messages that say sign up now, we'll fill your downline when there are some among us who still don't know what a downline is or how it works.

I am anxious to share and teach others the little I know about being here, though I am finding that my knowledge and abilities fall miles short of some of the masterminds we have here.  So, I am equally as anxious to learn, learnlearn more.   You have proven yourself to be a great mentor, and if for no other reason, I gravitated toward your posts, toward your websites and I visit them often. 

I am axious to see what comes of this great forum. Thanks for sitting on your deck and reading one of the greatest books of all time, and for sharing your thoughts with us.  It sure has set you up one more notch on my scale!!

Blessings and cheers,

Judy

+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/13/2007 6:55:00 PM

Hi Nick,

Great post. It is so important to really get to know people, to ask questions and to find out what is really important to them. Everyone is unique. One thing that I always tell people is to find something you love, that you are passionate about, and focus. One key aspect to success is focus.

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.

Quit letting your excuses keep you shackled.
http://empower.thisworks.biz

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!