Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ron
Ron Orr

193 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Do you remember when...?
6/13/2007 1:56:26 AM
Good evening Nick. There is a saying what goes around comes around,I belive in that! After about 4 years on this ole puter I am still falling over myself!! lol Computers are a never ending learning curve I belive????? Learning from the school of hard of hard knocks takes along ,long time.!!! It is sure nice to get a helping hand along the way. Just because some one can't get it figured out does not mean they are stupid at all!! Most folks have used thier heads for other things for a long time and just can not wrap thier minds around such things as computers! I remember once I had a problem with trying to figure some out so asked a friend who had been using a computer for some time. He just asked "don't you know any kids"??? Kids acn grasp this stuff mazingly quick?? Well my two cents worth . Have a great day tomorrow and do spend time in your gardens.Ron
Ron Orr
+0
6/13/2007 2:48:10 AM
Hi Nick :) thanks for the invite, good to have people like you here, wonderful to read! you have a great talent my friend! Have a wonderful day :)
+0
6/13/2007 3:19:16 AM

Hi Nick,

YES! YES! AND YES, Everything you said,how true, as for me I just want to say, "THANK YOU Nick"  You are one of two that has truly tried to  HELP  me with your phone calls. I am one of those everyone just talked about.  I am a "NEWBIE" that is, and was so very frustrated, and also having nightmares about everything about the WWW,URL,WEBSITE, AND ALL THE REST! as for those who hit newbies with everything they have, but without "HELP" I say to all the newbies, be very careful and read everything you "THINK" you need and want. But as I found out, even some times reading them all, and being a newbie ,we don't,and can't understand any of it, and really don't even need most of what they have to offer, with out some kind of help. Newbie , as I am,"Think before you jump ". Thank You once again Nick for all your help.

Shelly

SCIENTIFIC STUDIES Orthopedic, Joint, Restoring, Youthful Appearance Nutritional Breakthrough Heralded by Top Orthopedic & Plastic Surgeons as the missing link to Bone & Joint Health & Restoring a Youthful Appearance http://www.jusuru.com/193517
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2007 5:58:11 AM

Hi Nick,

After doing Desktop and SW support for literally thousands of clients in my previous career, I have helped computer users from experts to complete newbies with countless computer issues.

We provided our customers support over the phones via our call center agents.

This message hit home pretty good for me.

I try to apply apply all I learned about customer and client care and support in that career in supporting my partners, customers and affiliates.

Notably, I do one thing different.

I try to have the person I'm helping "learn to learn", so to speak.

Example, I get asked a lot about HTML.

I will ask the level of knowledge of the customer.

If they say zero I would send them a tutorial link so they can learn and send them a free to use html editor.

I do not code them a site for free, that is not how you do business and make money.

If you are too nice and helpful you can end up helping people who will not help themselves.

This will really slow down your productive business activities.

As the old saying goes....."Give a man a fish he eats for 1 day, teach a man to fish and he can eat forever"

Or something like that!

Nick, your other point is that often new, and sometimes more experienced marketers end up promoting every program under the sun and making no $.

Better to do as you where advised by your mentor, promote 1 primary business (your own site and business is always better) and anything else you join, you are in it to advertise your primary business...ie: traffic exchanges or advertising sites/forums etc... 

All that being said I always provide my customers with full contact information including email, phone number and skype id.

There is no autoresponder wall at www.my-easy-promoter.com

Best regards,

Jason Lamure

www.my-easy-promoter.com

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2007 6:48:08 AM
Hi Nick,
This post points out why I like you! You think like I do about a lot of things, could be a curse because so many people just do stuff with no thought-and damn the consequences!

I often wish there was such a thing as "training" wheels you had to master before merging onto the internet highway. Your credit card just wouldn't work until you knew how to make the wheels spin.

There are so many programs that are very well constructed, solid and will be around for a long time.

The problem is, when a person reaches the limits of his understanding-it is so hard to get someone to understand exactly what you don't undrstand - then, the moment kind of passes and everything fizzles out to another loose end.
Thank you for continuing to think from the "other" side.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!