Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Truth About Buying Leads
5/23/2007 4:02:38 AM
Hi Ed,

It's good to see you here.  I hope you're having a wonderful week.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2007 4:12:40 AM
Hi Trina,

Old leads.... Yechh!

I love your business card.  Yes!  Custom cards printed on both sides are a terrific idea.  It is SO much more professional if your cards don't say, "Business Cards are FREE at VistaPrint."

Business cards are one of the most effective and inexpensive ways I know of to advertise.  Like you, I leave mine wherever I go.  (Did you know that leaving business cards in faraway places when you go on a trip can help you to claim the trip as a business expense?)

Another great way to advertise is to put up colourful 4X6 or 5X7 cards on bulletin boards with a short, catchy message and "Take Me!" on the bottom.  You can stack several in one spot and you'd be amazed at the results.  Make sure the card is a bright colour that stands out.  If you look around, you'll find that there are bulletin boards everywhere.  Carry a good stack of them and you can hand them out with your business card whenever an appropriate moment comes along.

(Gee - maybe I should change the name of this thread to "Marketing 101!"  lol!)

God bless,

Dave
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2007 4:16:16 AM

Hi Dave

thanks for such good information in reply to my post... there's been so many more posts since then... I'm going to give your additional info here!

Hi Beth,

I've never had much success paying others to send out messages for me.  Most of them are unethical organizations who simply spam the world.

Safelists are a better choice that bring limited results.  I actually own a safelist, BusyBeeSafelist

If you join the safelist, let me know and I'll give you a free upgrade.  Expect results from a good safelist, but also expect to have to spend time trying different subject lines and variations on your message.  If you hit it right, you can expect a small number of positive results.  Anyone who tries to sell you on the idea of making a ton of sales with safelists or any other method of mass communication is not telling you like it is.

When you actually purchase leads, you must use an autoresponder that allows you to upload leads.  That means you are going to have to pay for the service.  I don't know of any good autoresponder service that will allow you to upload leads without paying for their service.  Furthermore, never send out a sales message to your leads on first contact.  Take the time to make initial contact and give them a chance to opt out.  Small returns are better than no returns (and spam complaints.)

thanks Dave you're the best!

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2007 4:27:09 AM
Hi Beth,

I'm not the best, but am happy to be able to help in any way.  :-)

Have a most wonderful week!

God bless,

Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!