Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: The Truth About Buying Leads
5/22/2007 11:45:55 AM

Dave

Just a note of thanks for all you share. Your research is complete and reliable.

Thanks so much!

Neil

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 12:42:23 PM
Hi Beth,

I've never had much success paying others to send out messages for me.  Most of them are unethical organizations who simply spam the world.

Safelists are a better choice that bring limited results.  I actually own a safelist, BusyBeeSafelist

If you join the safelist, let me know and I'll give you a free upgrade.  Expect results from a good safelist, but also expect to have to spend time trying different subject lines and variations on your message.  If you hit it right, you can expect a small number of positive results.  Anyone who tries to sell you on the idea of making a ton of sales with safelists or any other method of mass communication is not telling you like it is.

When you actually purchase leads, you must use an autoresponder that allows you to upload leads.  That means you are going to have to pay for the service.  I don't know of any good autoresponder service that will allow you to upload leads without paying for their service.  Furthermore, never send out a sales message to your leads on first contact.  Take the time to make initial contact and give them a chance to opt out.  Small returns are better than no returns (and spam complaints.)

God bless,

Dave

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 12:45:13 PM
Hi Trina,

Yes, indeed!  Generating your own leads is by far the best way to go.

Paying for leads from a good company DOES work if you do it properly.  I've built large downlines that way.  However, it requires a lot of attention to detail, and as you say, can cause more trouble than it's worth.

Basically, there are no shortcuts in marketing.  It has to be done with patience and persistence or it simply will not work.

God bless,

Dave
+0
5/22/2007 12:58:05 PM
Dave,

I agree not a lot of Good Guys in the lead biz.

I like to generate leads with ppc advertising as it genarates someone who actually contacts me. Once they do I am dealing with a lot warmer type prospect as they called me not visa/versa.

You can, if you think you can. You are somebody, cause God don't make no junk!
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 1:13:34 PM
Hi Darryl,

I agree that ppc (pay per click) advertising is an excellent source of leads.

However, I don't recommend that anyone try ppc until they have done their research.  It can be quite expensive, frustrating and useless if not done correctly.  (sounds like business!)

God bless,

Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!