Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Muriel Holladay

190 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Truth About Buying Leads
5/22/2007 1:40:30 PM
Trina, all I have to add to your post is a big AMEN!

I went that route back in my newbie days.  I used both free and paid leads but I got very little resposnse with either and certainly no sales.

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 1:47:22 PM
Hi Muriel,

While I'm certainly not recommending that anyone purchase leads, as I definitely prefer developing my own, I must also state that leads purchased and used properly from a reputable company DO work.

The main problem is, very few people, including some otherwise experienced network marketers, use them properly.

To use paid leads correctly, you need to use an autoresponder series to send them to your business specific lead capture (splash) page where they can opt in for your business specific autoresponder series.  Never send them to your actual business at the beginning.

Once your prospects put their contact information into your business specific splash page, you must phone them!  If you are not prepared to get on the phone, NEVER, EVER BUY LEADS!  You're wasting your money.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Trina Sonnenberg

784 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 2:26:15 PM
Well Dave, business cards are a heck of a lot cheaper than buying leads; especially, if you get in on one of the bazillion advertised Vista Print deals. LOL I think I've spent about $100.00 on business cards, in the last seven or eight years, and have gotten new clients that way. The lead company I referred to earlier, took $129.00 and hit the road. I got the leads, and out of 500 telephone leads, I got three dead people, two minors, and countless bad phone numbers. Not a single person, and yes, I did call them all, was interested in what I had to say. When I called the company for their promised refund, the phone had been disconnected!

Granted, I've not used many lead brokers, but the experiences I've had with the few... Well, I'm glad I decided to go with business cards and article writing. Now, I get people to call me instead. :)

Anywho... I'll stop givin' ya a hard time. I'm just feeling spunky today.

Trina

Trina L.C. Sonnenberg Freelance Commercial Writer TLC Promotions & The Trii-Zine Ezine ISSN 1555-2276 http://www.tlcpromotions.net http://trii-zine.com http://FAA.tlcpromotions.net
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2007 2:51:01 PM
Hi Trina,

You're not giving me a hard time at all!  This is what it's all about, and it's very good for those who need to know all the ins and outs of buying leads.

I'm glad you brought up business cards.  They are an absolutely excellent way to generate leads and also, as you say, very inexpensive (free plus shipping from Vistaprint.)

For those who would like to see just how good business cards can be (and who would really like to be inspired) I highly recommend you watch the movie, "In Search of Happyness" starring Will Smith.  (Yes, Happyness IS spelled that way in the movie.)  It's a true story.

God bless,

Dave
+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/22/2007 6:38:37 PM
Hi Dave!  :-)

Great thread my good friend!  i concur with everyone here.....generating your own is the best way to go!  This practice may have worked well in the 80's..........but these days?  You might have better luck walking up to strangers in the mall!

AND i'M NOT KIDDING HERE! (I've done this....and you'd be mazed @ how well this actually works!)

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!