Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Have you noticed?
4/5/2007 7:13:59 PM

Hi Jenny,

Good to hear from you.

Mistakes!  What are mistakes?  I thought I made one last week, but I was wrong.  Yeah, right.

Anyway, I am glad we have some new toys.  Now if they would just invent a Grammar Check.  My 10th grade Teacher cured me of spelling errors for the most part.  Essays were graded on an extremely strict standard.  The first error, whether in spelling, punctuation, or grammar, was graded as a zero, and the only way to improve to a grade of C, was to completely rewrite the essay.  Of course, we hated her at the time, however, upon beginning College level classes, I stopped by the High School to personally thank her.

Thanks again for posting this great information and rest assured, I will definitely be using spell check on this reply.

Have A Wonderful Easter,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/5/2007 7:19:10 PM
Oh No Steve,

Not a Grammar check and a punctuation check!  That is going too far.  it will take  all the character out of our posts!  We'll all end up sounding the same. lol  And anyway - what's a split infinitive between friends?

How did you get Ooooo through the spell checker?  Do you have influence?

Hope everyone has a nice day. 
and I'm going to try the checker
Saludos
Jenny

p.s. 1 mistake - but it won't let me have Oooo or lol either.  Not fair.
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/5/2007 7:21:59 PM
Hi Thomas,

It is sort of great news - and everything on this forum is beautifully spelt.  It is very strange.  It is going to take some getting used to.

Take care
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/5/2007 7:28:48 PM
Hi Phil, my musical friend,

No, this time you have gone too far - NO GRAMMAR CHECKS!

According to your theory - we'll all get zeros and have to rewrite our posts - so we'll never get anything done!  If you persuade Bogdan to put in grammar checks, we'll begin to wonder whose side you are on! lol

Anyway - English Grammar, American Grammar, Canadian Grammar, Australian or New Zealand Grammar (oh sorry Scotland, Ireland and all the other countries with slightly different grammar)???????

You know that Geroge Bernard Shaw the playwright said that England and American were two countries divided by a common language. lol

Happy Easter to you,
Saludos
Jenny

+0
Danny Mills

302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/5/2007 7:48:08 PM

And if I still misspell every thing it's because I'm to tired to do any thing else!

Dan

Expect A Great Day!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!