Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Have you noticed?
4/6/2007 11:53:45 AM

We can only get better Jenny!! Happy Easter..;-)

Peace, Sharon

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2007 1:09:39 PM
Hello Dave,

and I am going to try Hiya, to see if that works too.

I am in one hundred per cent agreement with you about the cultural limitations of the spell checker!    No more favours, no more honours and as for those wonderful home grown words.......

However I am looking at  it as a challenge.   Nothing - neither the AdlandPro Spell checker nor anything else here is going to Americanize me!   If they take away my favours and give me favors instead - I  am going to take them back!    Autumn will always be autumn, even when the leaves fall.  And they will just have to realise that realise is not spelt with a "z"!

I may be totally wrong, but it is a possibility that some of these words have adopted the spanish spellings,  as many of the first new inhabitants of many regions of America came from Spain - favor, color, honor are all correct castillian spanish.  Just a thought   Does anyone know?

And you are right - it is probably a good idea really.  Those red lines that Mozilla Firefox puts in are nearly frightening!!

Take care
Saludos
Jenny

p.s. also disallowed - Hiya, Saludos and AdlandPro!

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2007 1:13:29 PM
Hi Keith,

Well at least this forum has had a useful purpose - if just one person learnt about the Spell Checker from it.  But, beware Keith - as Dave Cottrell has just pointed out - they want us all spelling like Americans!! 

Don't let them change you Keith.  We like the way you write, right now!!lol

Saludos
Jenny
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2007 1:15:51 PM
Hi Bea,

It's not the first time I have seen a spell checker on a forum - but it is certainly a welcomed addition here at AdlandPro.  It will keep us looking GOOOOOD!

Happy Easter
Love
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2007 1:17:06 PM
Hello Sharon,