Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Will Rogers on Aging
3/3/2007 12:06:57 PM
Some thoughts from the great American humorist, Will Rogers: ABOUT GROWING OLDER... First ~ Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it. Second ~ The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for. Third ~ Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Fourth ~ When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra. Fifth ~ You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks. Sixth ~ I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top. Seventh ~ One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young. Eighth ~ One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been. Ninth ~ Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable. Tenth ~ Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf And finally ~ If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you are old. ***************************************************** And I would add, a warning don't cough in public.
+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Will Rogers on Aging
3/3/2007 12:41:25 PM

HI Mary

I couldn't have said it better: Us old foggies need love to, We are not only go getters, but we look forward to the next challenging day, week and months ahead of us. God bless all !!!

JR

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2007 1:00:47 PM

Hi Mary,

Your forum always something interesting and fun:$1,000,000.00

Reading the comments others make :$500,000.00

Will Rodgers comments on aging: Priceless

Thanks for making me smile today ..those were really funny :)

To reword  what  Jessica Rabbit said, in the movie, Who framed Rodger Rabbit.

"I am not old, I am just drawn this way" lol

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2007 1:02:12 PM
Hi JR, Wasn't Will Rogers the greatest! Mark Twain was a wise ol man too. Gosh, when I was young I gloried in opening the envelope the restaurant owner gave me with my pay for the week. I had fun counting and counting it over again. At $.50 an hour as a waitress before and after school in the little town of Pandora, Ohio it wasn't much but it made me independent. Now, my delight is to go to the internet and make sure my social security check was deposted by the government. "Just keep these young folks putting money into the account", I always say.
+0
Danny Mills

302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/3/2007 1:46:24 PM

Great stuff. Will Rogers was great himself.

Old age is priceless. The older you get the less you want and the less you need. Thay saves a ton of money. Priceless!

Thanks,

Dan

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!