Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Will Rogers on Aging
3/3/2007 3:16:34 PM
Hi Geketa, Where you been girl? Haven't seen you around for some time? Don't get the $1,000,000 and the %500,000.00 reference but that ok as long as I get the senior citizens rate. I'm not old either, its just your glasses are not serving you well!! LOL
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/3/2007 3:20:11 PM
Hi Danny, I'm sure grateful I don't want all that stuff I see in the stores. Half of it I couldn't read the directions and the other half, I wouldn't be able to put together. I'm just glad my computer goes to sleep so I don't have to figure out how to turn it off. I go into sleep mode too when I sit still too long.
+0
3/3/2007 3:53:32 PM
Big Grin here Mary.))))) Thanks for sharing! Wanda
+0
3/3/2007 8:58:23 PM

Will Rogers was one of the greatests.  He once said, "I never met a man I didn't like."  I wonder if he could say that today? 

What would he do with television and the Internet if he were alive today.

Speaking of age: How many people reading this are old enough to remember people talking about his being killed.

Long live the Aged!

Lawton

+0
3/3/2007 9:03:05 PM

This reply brought to you by

Enjoy the Journey but Don't Treasure the Trash

Hi Mary,

Good list of ten things about growing old - No make that eleven things.

Know what bothers me about growing old in North America?

The billions of dollars spend by huge companies trying to convince us all that it is a terrible thing to see one wrinkle or one gray hair or one pimple.  Shame on us for believing such trash.

There is nothing wrong with getting old. There is nothing wrong with looking old.  The important thing is that we grow old gracefully and graciously.  Some cultures recognize the importance of the elderly.  Others foolishly try to do the impossible, they try to cling to youth and to the appearance of youth.

A roomful of people were asked to choose what age they would like to be, if they had the power to be any age they wanted.  Everyone wrote down what age they would like to be right now. While discussing the answers it was discovered that only one person had chosen their current age as the age they wanted to be.

Everyone else wanted to be something that they were not. 

Builder99 says, Found any Treasure lately?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!