Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Will Rogers on Aging
3/4/2007 5:00:24 AM
Lawton, Good of you to stop in. Regarding the quote you gave. He never said he didn't like the behavior but he looked beyond that and said "Never met a man I didn't like". I wonder what our grandparents would think if they saw the world today. Cell phones, racy cars, computers, etc. would be a shocker to them. Doubt it would fit into the lifestyle of Will Rogers. I only know Will Rogers died in a plane crash with Wally Post.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2007 5:03:24 AM
Hi Wayne, Good point. Just be happy where you are. I wouldn't want to be any other age than I am right now. There were great times in my life that I reflect back on now and then and I would like to re-visit that era....memories are precious.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2007 5:05:49 AM
Way to go Donald, I told a friend lately, that I could pretty much do what I like because when you get older who do you want to impress? Free to be me and I see you have the same attitude. Now Donald, do restrain yourself. Just go with some gusto.
+0
3/5/2007 10:09:33 AM
Hi Mary and everybody, I don't have a problem being the age I am - I just wish I had the health to go along with it so I could enjoy the activities I used to be involved in. In my mind I'm a healthy 54 year old; my body tells me I'm well over 60 years old. I guess everyone feels younger mentally than their chronological age though. That said, I think one of the best ways to find acceptance with one's circumstances is to laugh about them ;-) I don't really care about wrinkles as long as most of them are laugh wrinkles! I wouldn't go back to my Algebra days for sure, Mary - too much uproar back then. Now, if I could go back and keep everything I've learned I'd visit that time again just for kicks. And Mary, although it's a blessing to have young people deposit money into my account every month I really wish I didn't have to live off the backs of others. If I were 65 yrs old and legitimately retired, I'd feel differently I'm sure. Your note about 'And I would add, a warning don't cough in public. ' Amen!
+0
Edward Pena

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/5/2007 7:29:34 PM
Mary,

As one that has gotten to the top and been over the hill several times now, I can identify with all of these comments.

Ed
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!