Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What you can find at Arts and Craft Fairs
2/4/2007 9:29:55 AM
Hi Rosalind,

Thanks for the link.  I have looked at it and The Craft Report looks like compulsory reading for any artesan selling on the net.

How right you are about having enough items to last the course of a fair.  There is nothing sadder seeing a colleague with an empty stall who could have sold more, if they had only brought more work.  Or empty spots because people have packed up early as they have nothing to sell.  Mind you - it would lovely to think we sell out every time!

I'll be starting another thread on other ways to sell our work next week.  Look forward to your comments on that too.

Love
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2007 9:39:02 AM
Hi Sheryl,

All artists and crafters will have to give you a big BRAVO for your post!!!

"For anyone reading this that is NOT a vendor here is a word of warning!!!

NEVER stand in a booth & say (even under your breath)

"Oh, that would be easy to make""

I nearly always take a painting kit and something unfinished to work at while I am there - and in our own Fair we encourage people to do the same - and even give a demonstration if they wish. 

If this is not possible because your work involved chemicals or unacceeptable mess (particularly true for people who sell tiffany glass work and potters), it is a good idea to take a series of photos of the "master at work in his studio" so that people can see the techniques involved.  And, of course, as you suggest - give 'em something to do and see if they can - but that has to be a last resort - I dont let anyone touch my paint brushes!

Thanks for posting!

Love,

Jenny

+0
Joanne Martell

205 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/4/2007 9:46:14 AM

Hi Jenny!

Thank you for inviting me to this wonderful forum.

For me, craft fairs are a very good place to sell the items I make. A few years ago, I made a lot of Christmas decorations, and I sold almost every one of them at the annual Christmas Crafts Fair in our community.

I've also rented tables in our local shopping mall around the holidays, and found this to be a great place to sell.

There are many ways out there to advertise and sell your craft items - I'm sure others have many more ideas.

Blessings,

Joanne

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2007 5:59:53 PM
Hi Joanne,

Welcome to this forum - which I hope will be of use to all crafters and artists looking for new ways to sell their work.

Your sales at a Community Craft fair is a good reminder that the Fairs do not have to be professional juried events.  Depending on what you make, there are many occasions that a local Community or Church event will bring you in touch with new customers.   This is particulary true if you sell seasonal crafts.

It may be worth checking with the local organisations in your area to find out when they are organising this year.

And of course -  look on the Web to find sites which list arts and crafts fairs taking place in your area - if you type in Craft Fairs + the name of the area you wish to go to, you may be surprised what comes up!

This thread is for information and tips about Art and Craft Fairs.  Hope to see you in the forthcoming ones on other ways to sell your crafts.

Love
Jenny

+0
Re: Arts and Craft Fairs - Good places to buy and sell?
2/6/2007 5:50:17 AM

Jenny:  This is awsome, I love to shop at Craft Shows and Fairs.  Sometimes I have a craft, no often, but it sure is nice to know where to go to shop or sell.  Thanks, this is great.

S Reynolds

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!