Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Arts and Craft Fairs - Good places to buy and sell?
2/6/2007 9:47:11 AM
Hi Martha

Wow, you sound like I do after a Fair that has been a flop!  Then we both need to go and take classes on positive thinking!.lol

I hope some of the tips - especially the one on "public performing of crafting" have been of some use and that we will see more - including yours!  This tip is very valuable - people attribute more value to something they see being done in front of their eyes.  It feels more special. I sometimes take a cherub wall plaque that has a space for a name and add the name that my customer wishes.  Equally I sometimes offer a choice of eye colour for an angel - blue or brown and paint and paint them there an then - and they come back in half an hour to collect the finished piece.  Each craft has its small details that can be completed "live"

There is no guarantee with these shows and sometimes the initial cost may seem high.  But if you use them well, even the worst fair can have a future benefit.  I sometimes receive orders for work, even when I dont sell directly.

On that score - I would add the follwing tip.  Take any print advertising you have with you.  I take my brochures and leave them for people to take and also pop one in the bag with each sale.  People then have my website address and other relevant details that people can follow up at a later date. or pass to a friend. 

If you are appearing at another show or fair later on - put a notice advertising this on your stand too.   Many people follow these fairs and will  possibly turn up to the next one.

And it is very important to follow up any loose enquiries one receives.  Always make notes of peoples names and numbers or emails and send them details of new products later on.  You have to call - because they sure wont!

Let's hear some tips from you Martha!  It cant be all bad!

Love
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What you can find at Arts and Craft Fairs
2/6/2007 9:49:46 AM
Hi Raycal,

Welcome to the Arts and Crafts forums at AdlandPro   - I am honoured to receive your first post and hope it will be the first of many.

Have you ever taken part in Fairs to sell your candles?  Please come back and tell us your experience of them.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Re: What you can find at Arts and Craft Fairs
2/6/2007 10:16:08 AM

Hi Jen:

I love this !

I only wish I could manage my time so that my visits here could be more than they have been. ( is my guilt emulating here :) )

Seriously though this is a wonderful idea, and in sharing ones talents and artisitic endeavors.

Should all so desire, invest in AMI'S MARKETING MANUAL. It is filled with information we all need and will show you what is needed for the next wave of consumers, those due here on the Internet over the next five years.

To your success,

Joe Buccheri

Click on the logo for information about AMI's Marekting Manual

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 10:24:41 AM
Hello Marc,

Thanks for posting - Do you have many fairs in Czecheslovakia?  Do you sell there.  Please tell us?

Your jewellry  is exquisite.  If you would like - you can post something on Rose's Artshow for everyone to see!

Saludos
Jenny

+0
2/6/2007 11:12:32 AM

Hello All,

This is wonderful!! Thanks for starting this forum. I, too am a crafter. I would like to introduce you all to www.craftlister.com and www.eventlister.com. These are kind of sister sites that give detailed information on shows in the US. I highly recommend them.

I would love to show you some of my work, but I still cannot understand how to post pictures. My work is not currently on a website, so I need to figure out how to upload pictures from my hard drive (if that's possible). Occasionally, I will sell some things on ebay as I haven't done a craft show in some time. Cross stitch and polymer clay are my crafts of choice. Although I also love to paint and have painted a mural or two. The problem for me is as others have mentioned, is inventory. When you make items that take a long time to make, it's difficult to produce enough inventory for a show.

There's that Law of Attraction working again!! Just last night I was talking about wanting to make some beads. Then I started thinking about researching how to promote shows myself.

Let's keep this going!! I Love it!!

Live With Passion...
+0