Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Arts and Craft Fairs - Good places to buy and sell?
1/24/2007 7:07:58 PM
Hello everyone,

Arts and Crafts Fairs are one of the principal ways in the Western world to find original work and to sell it.   Artists and artisans, or craftsman, who produce hand made originals in small or medium quantities often find that these Fairs are a wonderful way to start selling their work.

There are many fairs all over Europe, and North America from the small village affair which are often free to enter and free for sellers to the large, well know ones ones which can cost as much as an exhibition stand at a large Trade Fair. They can run from one afternoon to over a week, and the good ones often have a waiting list for spaces.

For collectors and lovers of arts and crafts they are marvellous places to find arts and crafts originals of often an incredibly high standard at far less than you would have to pay in a shop - as you buy direct from the artist and the middle man is cut out.

This Christmas my colleague and I organized, the Artesania Fair in the town I live in, as we have done for some years. It has become a very popular event with people travelling some distance to buy. The standard of work increases every year - we are fortunate to be able to pick and choose and have a waiting list for next year. We combine a philosophy of promoting arts and crafts with fund raising for the Cancer ASsociation.

The  Result?  - everyone - shoppers and sellers and Cancer Association alike - very happy people
Come and take a look at what we did

http://www.beautifulyoo.com/artesania.htm

Do you have experience of Arts and Craft Fairs in your area?
Please come and tell us on this forum.  We are sharing tips and inf here.

Saludos
 Jenny

p.s.  For other information and tips on how and where to sell Art and Crafts - please come and post on our other forum at
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/590872.aspx
Arts and Crafts - Where to Advertise and Sell Your Work

+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What you can find at Arts and Craft Fairs
1/24/2007 9:46:38 PM
Hi Jenny!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos, crafters are awesome people.
Have a pleasant day...your friend Steven.
Jenny...Place a FREE ad here  http://linktovisit.com/al
A High Exposure Page!!
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2007 10:37:04 PM
WOW Jen, this is wonderful info, thanks for sharing it with us. As you know India has an amazing variety of hand made stuff, now im wondering if these things are infact available worldwide, or is it only if you come to India do you get to see n buy things ? luv'd ur pic !! much luv to you Pauline R
+0
Mandra Ljungqvist

104 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/24/2007 11:38:09 PM

Hi!

Nice crafts. ;-)
I do some myself sometimes (not at the moment, have no time) and I'm have sold most of it. I put some of them here, so you can see. I also do dreamcatchers and beadwork.

These ones I call The Tree of Life. ;-) They all have names. ;-) You can use them for consious dreaming as a portal.

Best wishes
Mandra

Silver (it's my own, named after a real oak wich is kind of a portal for me in to The Other Worlds).

Knota

Apple

Autum Glow

+0
Mandra Ljungqvist

104 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/24/2007 11:43:13 PM

Hi!

An exampel of one of my dreamcatchers. It's my own, called Butterfly. ;-)

Best wishes
Mandra

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!