Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
So What Do You Believe? Site Hype? Verbal Affirmation? Terms of Service?
1/2/2007 11:15:54 AM
Hello everyone,

As an ongoing search into what all is and has burned people on the Internet I am conducting a few threads that will hopefully guide, educate and inform people that want to do business. There will be alot of truth and some feelings may get hurt along the way. That's business.

Now, my first subject here is:

So What Do You Believe? Site Hype? Verbal Affirmation? Terms of Service?

I hope you chose Terms of Service. It's the words in print that will stand up in court.

I am going to use a website that is currently promoting and running. WealthToolbox.

http://www.wealthtoolbox.com/

First I want you to please read the terms the company provides.

http://www.wealthtoolbox.com/terms.html

Now, I see some things (alot) that causes me concern. Let's start off with age of the user.

You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.

Now, I'm not sure of countries outside of the US but to enter into any financial legal program, including bank loans and savings and checking accounts you have to be 18 unless co-app with a parent or another adult of age.

But this site doesn't allow for more than one person on an account.

Your account may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.

Yes, some people will try and cheat. But it remains not legally possible. It's in writing.

Now for the scary part I see.

1. OWNERSHIP: For legal and tax purposes the money we deposit in your name, in your Long-Term Investment Account belongs to us until that money is paid to you. Once it is in your possession, it becomes your property.
  2. PAYOUT: Payout of your Long-Term Investment Account
    • Your account will reach maturity and be paid out 24 months after account creation.
    • Account payout is dependent upon you maintaining an active account and abiding by the Terms of Service and membership requirements.
    • You may receive a partial or full payment from your account balance before your account reaches maturity (at our discretion).
    • Account payout will be made via instant PayPal payment to the email address we have on record. Please sign up with an email address that you use frequently and will not change (such as Gmail, Yahoo!Mail or Hotmail).
  3. MAINTENANCE: All balances are securely maintained with top-tier financial service providers in a financially solid, politically neutral country. This helps us to eliminate tax liabilities and insure availability of our funds. However, when we send money to your PayPal account, you become responsible for all taxes imposed by the local, regional and national governments in your jurisdiction.
  4. VOLATILITY: Because of the nature of our investments, expect your account balance to rise and fall dramatically over time. Although we will work to grow the balance in your account with every investment, we cannot and do not guarantee any amount of funds within your account upon maturity.
So they are saying (where I Bolded) is they will use your name for 24 months to put the money that is theirs in an account for investment growth. If they have this kind of money to invest freely why are they needing your name for the account?

Other flags I see is having your paypal listed email address listed with them from the start and yet payout isn't for 2 years. Hmmmm.

There is much more here and I am going to ask you to interact and find and post what else you see can be a problem.

Read the site's frontpage and analyze the hype and compare it to the terms.

Remember, what would hold up in court.

Your turn.

Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: So What Do You Believe? Site Hype? Verbal Affirmation? Terms of Service?
1/2/2007 11:19:51 AM

Good Points Kenneth, Thank you for this share. I am always interested in these things.

To everyones success in 2007. With everyone caring and sharing,,This is the place to be!!

Peace, Sharon

+0
1/2/2007 11:42:39 AM
Thank you Kenneth. These are the exact same things which I noticed and it is a little hard to try to explain this to people who are heavily promoting the program...but you have done an excellent job. Have a great year.
+0
Monika Woods

120 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/2/2007 11:46:16 AM

I agree about the companies that are letting minors enter into a legal contract. That should be red flag number one. I do not trust any of the investments on the net because I don't know the people, and the agencies are mostly fly by night. They take your money and take off, typical Ponzi/Pyramid scheme, no product, no real service, just them "stating" that they provide a service, ie: investment.

I stick with mlm because they are real products and real services. The businesses I am involved with take actual work on my part, and to me that means I earn what I make.

Thanks for the blog, all the blogs, you are much appreciated!

Monika Woods

www.sright.com/monikawoods  www.fhtm.ws/ak/monikawoods

Monika M Woods Image Consultant www.MaryKay.com/savannahwoods GBG www.shopgbg.com/monikaw- Take your vitamins and earn income too EARN $$$ Buying Gold at private parties - Extremely limited IC poisitions open www.glitzyglo.zoomshare.com
+0
Frank Encarnacion

107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/2/2007 12:02:28 PM

HMMM:

After reading the TOS I think that is a great wealth business "FOR THEM"

I would not touch that with a 20 foot pole.

Frank

Frank Encarnacion-- http://FrankE.yoli.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!