Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: The Doc is IN..."
1/3/2007 4:12:17 AM

Hi John, thank you for the reply.  I don't believe this is gout, but I will definitely get that checked.  I don't have any signs of Osteo arthritis in my joints to date. 

There is no redness, although alot of heat and the inflamation is contained to this band that runs across the top of my foot.  The pain isn't minor, it's to the point of not being able to stand at times as some nerve seems to be involved that causes my knee to buckle, it's very odd, like many symptoms of RA.  It was also in the wrists for 2 days (range of motion reduced to about 10%) but that has disappeared now.  I had almost forgotten how uncomfortable it can be when joints are so heated, giving chills to the rest of the body.

Oddly 2 advil will completely hide this pain for 12 hours but it takes a minimum of 2 hours for the advil to  work.  I don't like to use advil very often as I'm trying to force myself to do what it takes to fix the problem, not block the pain.

When I say I can fix this, I mean, by reducing all things my body finds stressful and increasing all things I use to deal with stress; meditation, proper rest, diet and nutrition.  The foods that bother my joints aren't the typical foods they claim bother in gout.  For me it's the sugar, starches, flour and preservatives that mostly are very slow to digest.  If I stay away from processed foods completely I know within days I will recover.  MSG is truly a killer for me and it's in most processed foods.    I don't have an issue with digesting protein.

The one thing that may be contributing to this is that I purchased an Infrared Sauna and have been using it faithfully everyday since the end of November.  Since this is supposed to help to remove toxins from my body I'm thinking perhaps I'm going through a step backwards on the way to a huge step forwards, only time will tell (but I can hope).  I do ensure I am properly hydrated, and I'm replacing the trace minerals lost through sweating, so this isn't caused by dehydration although I know, for me, when I don't drink enough water my joints will "talk to me" in this way.

Again, thank you...........if for no other reason than because you helped me to write everything out, which in itself is often helpful.

Susan Dorey

Susan Dorey www.LivingWithRheumatoidArthritis.com
+0
Robin Hazen

590 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/3/2007 9:52:40 AM

Hello John,

I had to visit this Forum when I saw that your last name was Crawford! My mother's maiden name is Crawford so it peaked my interest - LOL.

Actually, I do have a medical question also. About a week ago, I had a "boil" under my left breast and it was nasty - I popped it and it was extremely sore and red but is healing and almost gone. I cleaned it constantly and put antibiotic ointment on it and that was that. Now that I saw this opportunity, I thought I would ask - was that the correct thing to do? And, should I be concerned and/or go to doctor?

Thanks!

Robin

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/3/2007 6:18:47 PM
Hello John,

Thank you for making this forum available, it looks like it will get a lot of
traffic and many informative information and advice here and I look forward
to keeping up with.

Kind regards
Amanda Martin-Shaver
+0
John Crawford

180 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/3/2007 6:34:28 PM

Robin,

That's the treatment!  "Never let the sunset on an undrained boil." A surgeon once told me that in medical school.  NOW, as a physician, I can't recommend you doing it yourself, but, you took care of it.  Basically a boil is a hair, sweat, or oil follicle or pore that has gotten "clogged" and backs up with bacteria in it.  That is why they get red, tender, and swollen, is because it is basically an infection...and they don't get better unless you open them up and drain them. Anyway, that's about it....thanks for posting and welcome!

jtc

+0
John Crawford

180 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/3/2007 6:35:56 PM

Susan,

You're entirely welcome! :)

jtc

+0

facebook