Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Troubleshooting-Situations in Adlandpro
12/26/2006 3:08:47 PM
One more..........

After looking at my inbox between posts here, it occurs to me that possibly "LIMITING" posts to one new forum/new thread PER PERSON PER DAY, would be a hugs improvement to the load of messages.

Every person I have introduced and signed up into Adland has immediately said to me, "Wow!  This is overwhelming!  My inbox has never been so full.....what do I do with all of these messages?"

So.........this is a thought for a solution pertaining to that catagory!  :-)

Cheers again,  Jill
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 3:14:56 PM
Georgios, Issue #1---Friends list---You brought up a good point. Perhaps, more is not better. I would think a friends list of thousands would be hard to manage. Do you think when that happens people become overwhelmed and pack up their bag and leave? That never occured to me. So how would one manage a friends list? Remove or block people? That would seem counter productive. You may offend the very people who will relate to you on other occassiions. What is a good size for a friends list? A large percentage are never heard of again after entering your list of friends. Some people consider the person with a large friends list as more powerful. Do you think that is true? If you wanted to get a message out fast who would you contact, the person with 85 good friends or the person with 4,000 friends? ISSUE #2- Repeated forums. How can we make changes in that. Would a list of forums help? We are not all on the same friends list. I would not like 10 notices of a forum either from different friends. Luckily, the number of people who build forums are a small percentage. One need not answer all forums either.
+0
12/26/2006 3:18:50 PM

Hello Again Mary,

Thank you for your response about troubleshooting, but I must say here that you mentioned that some people have left AdlandPro due to problems here...that is not a rumor, that is the truth. I could mention names here but I won't out of respect for those people.

I am not trying to undermine Bogdan and his Team at all here, but merely suggesting that the rules should be followed through on better than they are. Also to have a great Community you just may have to lose a few bad apples to get a much better bunch!

I too know that Bogdan wants nothing but the best for his business, and the first part of any good business is excellent customer service. I do understand your fears, but I also have fears here. My fears are that people do make complaints at times, but they are either not acted upon or simply ignored. Normally the administration is very good at responding and acting upon people complaints, suggestions, problems, etc., but I have heard from several people that were not satisfied with the results that they received. So, what do those people do then Mary?

I know that we can find solutions for the problems we have here, but will the solutions be implemented and will people abide by them. If not, the administration needs to do what is necessary and remove those individuals, as I previously said.

I am enjoying reading everyone's posts here...Arthur brought up a few good points as well!

Take care and God Bless! I am sure I will be back responding again!

Marilyn

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 3:26:08 PM
Marilyn, Very well said. Sometimes we can know people too well. If is ok to have made good friendships but as in real life, do we want to know about everyone's private lives. Personal problems have caused some to leave and it is sad as their contributions will be sadly missed. Sometimes we just need to be honest and say we don't want to discuss such matters. The second subject of content is a controversial one as not all people are offended by the same thing. A joke that one may find repulsive is funny to someone else. Forums of controversial subjects need to be addressed to the forum owner and reported to the administration. Would we want Joe=-Smo coming off the internet checking us out and come across some of the subjects we allow on Adlandpro. Eventually the people posting will stop if they receive enough negetive response and warnings from the administration. Behavior management teaches that "a behavior ignored" will decrease. A forum unanswered will tell the forum owner that it is not of interest. So the solution would be to ignore and report offensive material. To argue on the forum is counterproductive. Thanks for bringing these 2 issues up. We are all responsible for our own choices here as in real life.
+0
12/26/2006 3:28:34 PM

Hello Mary!  ;-)

I hope all is well with you my friend.

At the moment I really don't have time to make a long post but I have scanned over the posts made here in your forum and I had to say that I like what Ken and Marilyn had to say in their posts.

I belong to about 8 communities on the Net and none have kept my interest as has AdlandPro. The friendliest people on the Net are here in this awesome community of ours.

People like Ken, Marilyn, myself, and many others have been trying our best to build a community here with a positive and friendly atmosphere. Our forums are what have caused the change that you see here at AdlandPro today. AdlandPro is not perfect but it is the best community on the Net as far as I'm concerned, I haven't seen anything that comes close to it.

Like Marilyn said there are a few cliques here that cause problems in our community from time to time. I wish the problem makers were banned from this community permanently but it's not easy to do so. Unfortunately the leaders of these cliques have blind followers, people who for some reason haven't opened there eyes to their leaders hidden motives. The leaders of these groups win over friends with flattering words but in truth are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Well, I said this was going to be a short post but I have already said too much. I am a little sensitive when it comes to talking about this subject because I truly love this community and I hate it when I see what a hand full people are doing to ruin or to control what we have created here for their own personal gain. They don't have the community's best interest in mind. They are just hungry for power.

John Sanchez

Taking it to the next level...!

For as Man thinks so is He...! (Paraphrased from Prov. 23:7)

From the abundance in your mind come the manifestations in your life... JRS ©

If you believe in yourself then others will believe in you and it’s then when doors will begin to open for you... JRS ©

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

John 13:34 (Whole Chapter)
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

John 13:35 (Whole Chapter)
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!