Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Troubleshooting-Situations in Adlandpro
12/26/2006 2:21:13 PM
Hello Mary,

I would certainly like to takeup Arthur's point about advertising.  I believe that the way in which people are blasting ads at each other is completely negating their effectiveness.  If someone shouts - I cover my ears.

It is a nuisance, to say the least, and a major problem for some members that the Private Message system is being abused and used to spam our so called "friends" with advertising.  Private Messages full of ads  fill  your in box which  in the end are left unread, along with some real private messages.

If all members followed the policy (and rule?) not to post ads outside the places permitted - Offers/Requests being one and  The free Classifieds being another - and DEFINATELY not on other people's forums, it might save us a lot of time looking for real information.

Secondly, I think Arthur miught well agree with me when I suggest that the indiscrimate practice  of substituting "Sparkly tags" for  posts on forums which are not "Congratulatory" forums, is reducing the quality of the content on many forums (I exclude Christmas greetings and Forums about images from this of course).  We used to have to think what to write - now any old pic will do!.  To be used with discretion!!

Those are just a couple of things which stand out at first instance and I believe can be easily solved, by a little constraint and intelligence.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 2:25:56 PM
Hello Mary,

Thank you for the invitation. You gave us good stuff to think on. Arthur gave a with his statements a reply that covers much of my ideas.

AdLanPro will be more and more difficult to handle. 44.000 members means thousands of opportunities to be promoted. Every day new forums start amyn of them have exactly the same information. Many programs give a guide how to promote, other programs have hteir samples and people just copy them and follow instructions.

It would be better to try to find forums with common information and post there. Yesterday I wrote in 2-3 forums forums that I have to leave the forums because I can not handle to follow them anymore. My friends reacted immidiately. "Why? Waht did I do?" were the questions. I have over 2700 friend in my list. I get about 100-200 notifications, 250 emails and 10-50 direct PMs. It takes hours to read them  and I have to reply to most of them.

Six months ago and earlier I could get same massage from same person several times. Now I am not an object for scamming. Most of the members know me and they respect my way of working in AdLandPro. New members can scam on me but a nice message is enough to make the understand.

There ia much to be said here. I will let others say their meaning and came back later.

2007 Is My Year. I will work more organized.
I wish you a new year filled of HEATH and HAPPINES.
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 2:33:56 PM
Diane, good points were made here. We sometimes think that everyone thinks as we do. Now we come to an issue of personal choice. If people are unable to forgive, looking for trouble, being dishonest, lacking respect for cultures and values then we can cause dissension. Solution: develope respect for views other than our own.
+0
12/26/2006 2:38:22 PM

Hello Mary,

You have started a very good topic here and one that I would really like to address! I hope that the things I write here are not thought of as me being negative because that is not the case! What I am being is realistic, and telling about things as I have seen them!

One of the first and major problems here in AdlandPro are a few cliques that are going on within the Community. A clique is not always a bad thing when it is just a bunch of like-minded individuals that have become very good friends that are creating a positive environment! Unfortunately, we have a couple of cliques in the Community that are not creating a positive environment, but rather a very negative one!

Those very same people that are in the clique(s) are known to the administration to be troublesome, but yet are left to continue on in the Community to cause more havoc and negativity. Now if you are a good member of the Community, or someone just coming to check out the Community, would you want to stay when all of this nonsense is going on? I don't think so...since even I had thoughts of leaving a couple of months ago! I have been a member here for 2 wonderful years, I love this Community and have no real desire to leave, but just think about those others as I previously mentioned!

Forum subject lines are also another problem here! Most forums are okay, but we do get some people posting some very controversial subjects, or write about things that are demeaning to certain races, cultures, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religion. This is also against the rules of AdlandPro! Some do get deleted, while others do not, but not before some damage is already done and cause friction within the Community. We really need to have better guidelines I think, and if people violate them they need to be expeled from the Community, in my opinion, not just suspended for a couple of days!

I think that these two items are the main sources of the problems we have here in the Community! Of course they are not the only problems we have, but if these two things could get resolved I think we would see other things becoming resolved as well!

I thank you for allowing me to express my opinion on this subject, and once again, this is not meant to be negative! This is meant to be a positive solution to some very negative things going on in a great Community! I am sure that others will agree with what I have said since I have spoke to many about these very same issues.

I look forward to hearing what others have to say here...I will be back to read and respond to them.

God Bless,

Marilyn

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 2:42:35 PM
I chose troubleshooting because there are rumors that people have left because there are problems being created here by members. To troubleshoot means to try to stop the tide. The original post explains that best.....the how and why of troublehooting. Your point about guidlines can be addressed if we have specifics. We have an administration that works with his clients. Believe he wants what is best for his business and that is customer satisfaction so that people will work to help his business succeed. Guidlines not inforced is a tangible statement that we can address. It takes individuals sending messages to the administration. I fear many may complain but not do what needs to be done. Take action and tell the people who can do something about it. Do you have a specific guidline that you think is not enforced? Details should be sent to the administration by you as a consumer. Having been swindled somewhere else makes you wise to see that it is possible here in this community. Error on the side of caution is very wise.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!