Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What is real to you? ...
11/3/2006 8:54:43 PM

My dear friend Susan

This is a very very straight to the point post ... I read it twice ... like most of the posts in this forum ... and thoroughly enjoyed it ... thank you ... I think you have hit the nail on the head ...

Is the glass half full or half empty? ... depends on who's looking ...

For every head on a coin there is always a tail ... but some would argue what is defined as heads and what is defined as tails ....

... and people will always construe realities in a very different way ... but there are ways and ways to disagree ... one is the "bull in the china shop" ... guns blazing approach ... trying to impose their own realities on others and then there is the approach that I prefer to use which is .... we can agree to disagree ... just a shift in such simple words can alter both realities in a respectful way .... nobody gets hurt ... and usually both parties dampen their firecracker spirit and reflect for that one second extra before responding.

I very much agree with your point about people on the Internet ... there is always one trait or another, or one attitude or another that makes a person's "true" ... (and I use the term loosely) .....character shine through ... I say loosely because in "reality", (or as real as possible), we can never truly know anybody ... we are all a make-up of what we wish to be seen as ...

In the eyes of our parents, we are children.  In the eyes of our children, we are parents.  In a professional environment, we are professionals ... and so forth and so on .... I hate to say this but ... we could live with someone all our lives and not really know them ... I would even go as far as saying that ... a lot of the time ... we don't really even know ourselves ... and of course there is always the old saying ..... You can't judge and apple by it's skin ...... but now ... I'm the one going off on a tangent ... hehehehe

Thank you for such a beautiful post and have a wonderful weekend...

Take care my friend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/4/2006 5:07:29 AM

Good morning Bogdan ...

As long as you don't start deleting my threads because they stop you from working, my reality will stay great hehehehehe .... just kidding you
... I'm very pleased to see you here despite the tax returns ... and we all need to take a break from time to time .... to escape "reality" ....

I agree with everything you have said here and find it very interesting because you have pulled in together elements of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Brainwave vibrational frequencies, Visualisation Techniques, Subconscious programming techniques and Ayurveda .... If I didn't know better, I would say that we went to the same university ... there is nothing I can add ...

Everyone's reality is different, it is true ... not just because of their background, culture, upbringing and experiences ... but also because each individual has a different sense of internal dialogue with themselves ... and a different way of internally communicating ... and since we are the only person, in a day, in a month and in our lifetime, whom we spend so much time talking to ... we can choose to make our beliefs of "reality" either positive or negative ...

I think, my friend, you have given me an excuse for another thread .... you have said some things here that have started the brain ticking again ... and they are such valid points that they need expanding on ....

Thank you ... and yes ... I believe strongly in Deepak Chopra's philosophy ....

Man is not within the universe ... It is the universe that is within man .... and the only time I really felt it ... was standing in the middle of the desert in Tunisia ... but that's another experience ...

Have a lovely weekend with the family

Best wishes

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/4/2006 5:26:18 AM

Good morning Georgios ...

I agree ... People experience the world essentially through the five senses, the data received is interpreted and an idea is formed in one's mind about the interpretation of the data, in a "usually" sometimes logical manner... I use the words ... usually and sometimes ... simply because ... as Robert pointed out there are people who live outside the "expected norm" ... and have what you are calling here the sixth sense ...

In my reply to Bogdan's post ... I mentioned internal dialogue ... now ... most people dialogue internally in the form of picture images, (visual), audible sounds and noises, (auditory) or via touch and feelings/emotions ... (kinaesthetic people) .... called system processors.

When dialogue occurs between people they are using one or another system processor, although we all have capacity to fire on all three ...

Miscommunication between people is simply not being able to process, or have our information processed by the same system.... which is where a lot of misunderstanding, misinterpretation and agravation comes into play BUT ... as Robert and Bogdan pointed out  ... there are those who have the ability to communicate with others and themselves, (internally),  by by-passing the system processors and filtering directly into the subconscious mind that, accepts as truth everything we say and will determine our actions and final outcome ...

Thank you for the post and have a great weekend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/4/2006 5:29:21 AM

Hello Marion

Thank you for coming by ... I think we would all have to agree that our hearts have been broken at some point, or another, and they have been put back together again at some point or another ...

Jenny said a very beautiful thing to me yesterday .... which I would like to share and that is .... the important thing is not to lose sight of who you are and what you stand for .... faith is a very beautiful concept to hold on to.

Have a lovely weekend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/4/2006 5:42:09 AM

Good morning beautiful Rose

You are 100% right ... we do not have to accept, as true, the words we hear from others ... we can choose to feel good, or bad, about ourselves ... we can choose what to construe as our own reality ... we can choose to be strong and self-confident and we can choose to sit back and life affect us in positive or negative ways.

...and yes... as human beings we have a responsibility towards others ....to influence them in a positive, or negative, way can make or break a person ... If we encourage them ... they will begin to shine and press on ... and who knows... maybe even do things they never thought possible .... It makes them feel good and it makes us feel good ...

When we influence someone in a negative way ... we start planting the seeds of discord, discontent, unhappiness and hurtfulness which may lead the other person to withdrawal ... a rose will not bloom if kept in darkness ...

My questions here would be ... why would we choose to be negative towards someone? ... Is it because we can't hold them close enough, when we really want their attention and affection ... Is it because we are envious of who that person is, or who we think they are? ... Is it because we don't know how to approach that person? ... Is it because we have weak characters? ... and the list could go on and on ... but the bottom line is ....

If we are secure in who we are ... we can give so much to so many, without fear, without boundaries and without negativity ... and that is where True love lies ....

Thank you for your kind words

Big weekend hugs to you

Venerina

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!