Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What is real to you? ...
11/3/2006 2:28:10 PM
Venernia,
WOW what a realality check. I enjoyed your tea example. I agree with Jenny though . We are real people & just because we only see a picure here doesn't make us any different.
I loved this article. I enjoy my friendships Online, they are very warm to my heart.
God Bless all of you
I look forward to more of these forums.
Kathy c
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/3/2006 7:56:22 PM

My dear Robert ...

Amen .... I think you said it all ...

The people "outside" ... definately do not see actuality with the eyes ... nor the brain ... I agree ... it bypasses all known physical notion of percepted reality and is felt in a totally different experiential way ... I know exactly where you're coming from with this  ...

Having kind of always been "outside" the norm ... I truly do understand ...

... and I think you would have to agree with me when I say that sometimes it's a blessing and sometimes it's a curse ...

Best wishes my friend

Big hugs

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/3/2006 8:30:28 PM

Good morning Angela ...

I agree with you that virtuality will soon become more of a reality, in so much that means of communication, face to face, will be enhanced ... but on the flip side of the coin ... as we all agree that perception is a question of personal preference .... surely .... we will still only see what we want to see ... so, therefore, won't we perceive the person, all the same, how we wish to perceive them? ...  Will we not fit them into our perception of our expectations of them? ... and, therefore, alter our reality accordingly?

I do agree, though, that seeing facial expressions does help ... but how many times have you been in that very same situation in ... let's call it ... "real life" ... whereby you have seen someone only as you have wished to see them ... to later discover ... they weren't who they thought they were for whatever reason.

Thank you my friend for this very enlightening and interesting post ...

Take care and have a lovely weekend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/3/2006 8:33:32 PM

Hello Arild and thank you for stopping by ..

Best wishes

Venerina

+0
11/3/2006 8:36:58 PM

Venerina, I love what you write. I always admire women who think the way you are. I am glad to be here and have the opportunity to know people like you.

Cheers,

Ideally we should encourage one another and build each other up.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!